Isn't that sad considering Valve is a much bigger company than Gamespy?

It's more that they've chosen another MP approach for their own big games - the Lobby system (similar to Parties on consoles). See CS:GO for example. We have and are looking at such things as well, but don't want to sacrifice the currently used approach for Dedicated Servers. Lobbies can work very nicely for quick coop between friends however.

It's more that they've chosen another MP approach for their own big games - the Lobby system (similar to Parties on consoles). See CS:GO for example. We have and are looking at such things as well, but don't want to sacrifice the currently used approach for Dedicated Servers. Lobbies can work very nicely for quick coop between friends however.

I'm at work right now, but the last time I checked, CS:GO, CS:S, TF2, HL2: DM, DoD:S all had quite good ingame server browsers and dedicated servers.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

I'm at work right now, but the last time I checked, CS:GO, CS:S, TF2, HL2: DM, DoD:S all had quite good ingame server browsers and dedicated servers.

Yeah in source games the browser works very well

btw this could be ingame browser - http://i.imgur.com/TSQHkri.jpg

Edited by RobertHammer

Added: New sounds for reloading some weapons

First thing I did was check out the MK20 reload sound which was horribly out of sync before. But now it doesn't have a sound at all.

Also, I only just noticed this so I don't know if it's a recent thing with recoil: when firing a weapon on full-auto, the weapon climbs but it also jerks back about once a second as if you're firing single shots. And when you fire single shots, it's as if the recoil only occurs with every second round fired. It looks really bad.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Yes, I didn't mean to imply they don't offer that as well. Last I played, the default options presented to me leaned to match-making and lobbies. Our programmers have spoken to Valve, but we have no indication those games have better NATraversal than Arma 3 using Steamworks technology. As said, we're continuing work in this area with them and via other angles.

First thing I did was check out the MK20 reload sound which was horribly out of sync before. But now it doesn't have a sound at all.

Also, I only just noticed this so I don't know if it's a recent thing with recoil: when firing a weapon on full-auto, the weapon climbs but it also jerks back about once a second as if you're firing single shots. It looks really bad.

Ye also mk20 has way too fast reload it should be like on TRG

and yes those recoils are still bugged

Awesome change log BIS! Keep up the great work, you guys are owning it right now!

Hey guys! As I'm at work and unable to check myself, could anyone check the UAV camera improvements for me? I'm curious if if is finally possible to reliably laze targets at very long distances without having to fight the UAV movements and shaking.

Thanks!

Oh that is an awesome changelog. :)

Yes, great changelog, tomorrow make it even bigger :D

Anyone else noticing the strange blue/white bullet hit decals on many surfaces?

bulletdecals.jpg

UAV - Locked camera (added a new key binding to do that)

UAV - Camera stabilization

keyUavViewToggle[]={21};

Is this the new key to toggle the UAV lock camera? If my quick search is right it should be "Z"?

Currently the UAV camera changes jumps far far too much for it to be useful. It's like the camera is snapping to objects on the ground and makes panning for targets or trying to look at a specific object/terrain feature a real pain.

Having said that, once you're actually looking at what you want to the camera is incredibly stable which is nice. Keep up the good work.

Anyone else noticing the strange blue/white bullet hit decals on many surfaces?

I've got those too.

I agree the UAV camera stabilization is kind of annoying.

I've got those too.

Confirmed! I have them too.

I'm playing with 2. campaign ( stolen fuel truck mission) . I use the most new devpatch.

-The AI cross over the hangar side and closed doors.

- vehicles control difficulty and they don't want to go on terrain or very slowly.

This is very funny that you realised KART DLC meanwhile control of cars don't improve and they don't reach even an arcade car simulator level nor

I sent a PM to DnA, but he didn't even answer me

I sent a PM to DnA, but he didn't even answer me

What is the feedback/bugs tracker for then? ;)

I don't know , I think, It could be a bug :)

Best thing to do is to report such bug on the Feedback Tracker.

The UAV camera lock is rock steady now with pinpoint accuracy, although it seems only to lock to ground height and not structures or vehicles. I cant find the new key bind though, im not sure if it is listed in the key bind menu.

Just a random thought, maybe the ability for a live feed camera feed from a person's UAV to one of the screens in the CAS aircraft. Does BIS already have a live feed for infantry with UAV's? without being in the UAV terminal? I forgot. But it would be interesting that instead of the live feed popping up in the right corner, if your flying say for example, a To-199, or the Wipeout, one of the screens now has live PIP or render to texture of what the UAV is seeing. This way, its like a Data link, and could be more efficient than having a box on your screen blocking some of your FOV. So an over view of what i mean, take the current live feed from UAV's, and when your in an airplane, and have the ability to scroll and view UAV data, it then pops up on a screen in the cockpit of said airplane. Was just curious if that could be tested?

keyUavViewToggle[]={21};

Is this the new key to toggle the UAV lock camera?

No, that's the UAV PiP camera view.

I can't find any new binds in the config or in-game?

And while you're working on the UAVs, could you extend the turret elevation limits a bit? The autonomous pilot rolls quite heavily when circling a waypoint and the gunner can't keep the reticle on the target. I wouldn't mind if the plane's body blocks the view as long as the turret stays fixed on the target. Or would that make the UAV able to lase itself?:crazy:

Is there anything new about the weapon inertia? Is it already there or just prepared to come soon?

The preparing has been there for a while now, but BI hasn't chosen to talk it up, I guess because they'd rather that it be further along/maybe-feature-complete before doing so?

Please devs, make the Raven vest texturable!

Also, are you guys ever gonna update the Armaverse?

Interesting that these guns are using the "hgun" prefix:

"hgun_PDW2000_F" "hgun_PDW2000_snds_F" "hgun_PDW2000_Holo_F" "hgun_PDW2000_Holo_snds_F"

However, when you use addWeaponGlobal they are put into the primary weapon slot. Shouldn't they be using the "SMG_" prefix?

Not game breaking or anything, just a little misleading :p