Page 93 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio_Chavez View Post
    @meerkatflyer: the flying waterline is afaik indeed an indication for a missing pbo, had it once when a terrain i was playing, was using objects from PMC, try to download AiA manually and check if installation is complete or if namalsk/podagorsk require some other custom objects? (i guess they dont though)
    And on the "sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt" thing, i was suprisingly driving a black strider yesterday, looked kinda neat but it was gone after i restarted the game ;( :P

@sweetmatrix: remove "disablea3content.pbo" (and maybe replace with disableCOcontetn from the "_optional" folder), but remember you cannot mix a3 with a2 units, will cause glitches and crash!

Edit: just tested podagorsk too and it has the flying waterline for me too
    I tried that I'm afraid and mounting PMC didn't do a thing (I had scoured this thread for a solution earlier and saw that post...) and I can't imagine that I'm missing any custom object addons. Just for kicks though I'll try and check for dependencies through Six Updater and manually install those (I haven't seen any requirements for Namalsk though...), I might even try a manual AiA install assuming my head isn't hurting as horribly as it is now... :\

@ Roflstomp100
    There are only very few servers running AiA at this point. Best use a powerful server browser to find them,
    like Play withSix or http://arma3.swec.se/server/list - filter for AiA or All in Arma.

@ ChrzRw79
    Thanks for doing the interviews and sharing them with the general public. Good read.

@ ghostnineone
    Either just remove the definitions for A1 and TKOH, or leave them empty - no problem.
    Check the wiki about alternatives when the modline is too long.

@ SethAten
    A2 free works just fine. Just use the path to it, instead of the one to A2.
    However setting params/the modline in steam is a bad idea as explained in the wiki.

@ pressytcn
    Add your custom modfolders to the very left of the modline like -mod=@F19;@Typhoon;...
    See also the FAQ in the wiki and the batch files.

@ RoadField
    Maybe soon. I debugged it for the most part already, but was unable to find the exact problem yet.

@ Zerith
    Do you run an old version by chance? Your screenshot still shows the tiny box bug already fixed a while ago.

@ Wilsdorf
    CA_desert2_Characters is defined in the AiA_A1_Dummy located in @AllInArma\ProductDummies.
    It seems either you are missing this folder/these addons or they don't get loaded along.
    Please provide your rpt log file of a game session when you get this error.

As for InitJipCompatible.sqf check: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71748

@ doveman
    Check the FAQ section on the @A1A2ObjectMerge modfolder.
    The load order is from right to left. In other words the first item is loaded last.

@ Tinter
    a) Unfortunately the A3 sound engine still has many bugs and is still work in progress.
    b) Unfortunately BI broke backwards compatibility rather to make new definitions for their changes..

Solutions are:
    1) BI does it right. Aka a design with backwards compatibility in mind.
    2) One has to re-configure the sounds for all A2/OA content.. aka insane. Plus there is no documentation available yet..

@ Meerkatflyer
    CAwater2_destroyer is an addon from A2. If the game complains, it appears it is missing in your A2 install. Please double check.
    In general you need to upload your rpt log file in the issue tracker for such problems. For more info check:
    https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-...To-post-issues

@ antnxx, zhrooms, steven breen, InstaGoat, tyl3r99, AL_
    Fixed in the new update. Although dev branch is generally not supported by AiA.

@ Vulcanexius
    I was lead for WGL5 (its predecessor) and lead for ACE(1) in the early days.
    AiA is certainly meant also to easy bringing mods like ACE more easily to A3.
    However high level modding is way more demanding (skill and time wise) than most people realize.
    If and when ACE will become available to A3 is something only the ACE team can tell - probably at this point they won't make a statement on this.

Personally I think a lot depends on how A3 turns out and BI is really willing to support modding.
    While the shared parts of documentation in the BIKI were a start, there is still lot to be done on the BI side and many modders are doubtful if BI will deliver.

@ Fabio_Chavez, weedman, Yokhanan, Meerkatflyer
    I tried to fix the "water line" bug by defining elevationOffset = 0; in CAWorld.
    That seems not it and didn't help. I am not even sure its related to water actually.

However defunct seems to identified the problem coming from the A2 pond objects.
    Unfortunately at this point I think only BI can fix it.

If you have further observations, ideas about the problem or demo missions, post them here please:
    https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71947
    Last edited by .kju [PvPscene]; Jun 30 2013 at 09:46.

If you enjoy my work and want to my support efforts doing this for a living,
    please consider to become a patreon - Community Funded Modding!

(255 of 1000$ per month by 33 patrons reached for first tier)

Current projects: CUP, AiA TP, AiA SA, AiA HQ, IFA3, Blitzkrieg

Help: Got a crash? Report it! What is the RPT log file?

Kju, once again I have to bow for all the hard work, love and dedication you pour into enhancing this lovely game.

A ton of thanks for all your works so far and upcoming.

An avid moduser.

@ Fabio_Chavez, weedman, Yokhanan, Meerkatflyer
    I tried to fix the "water line" bug by defining elevationOffset = 0; in CAWorld.
    That seems not it and didn't help. I am not even sure its related to water actually.

Thanks for informing us and the update , sometimes it happens and sometimes not so i guess its down to bi on this one.

I try the last version. I always the same problem when I launch the game, but now I have a black screen before the game menu.

Here my rpt:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by weedman View Post
    Thanks for informing us and the update , sometimes it happens and sometimes not so i guess its down to bi on this one.
    It's possible to fix by removing or replacing references to the pond model(s) but you'd need to seek the creator's permission to distribute such a thing (and I imagine most, if not all, map makers would prefer to release their own A3 versions in due course).

Quote Originally Posted by Defunkt View Post
    It's possible to fix by removing or replacing references to the pond model(s) but you'd need to seek the creator's permission to distribute such a thing (and I imagine most, if not all, map makers would prefer to release their own A3 versions in due course).

well i would be happy if i could just remove water/ponds from the relevant maps in question, wont really bother me at all except for the empty lakes which would be new territory :P

Here is an outreach to you - the community, players and fans of All in Arma.

1. First off be sure to check out the lighting tweaks shared by Fabio_Chavez.
    Please give them a try ingame and leave him your feedback, or even try to do tweaks yourself (see also).

Based on your feedback and input, new lighting will be set for A2 and OA terrains - both official and community made terrains.

2. Please leave your comments and vote what you want me to look into next.
    This is an input and community driven project - with the exception of things only BI can address.

3. Please report issues in this thread or the issue tracker and tell your friends to do so as well.
    You guys need to tell me what needs fixing or improved.

4. It appears still quite many people have problems with the installation/setup process.
    Hence it would be great to have a) the guide improved and b) translations for different languages available.
    Please contact me, if you want to help here, have suggestions or know better/translated guides already available.

5. Anyone wants to help out with assigning custom look to the A1/A2/OA/TKOH units when A3 models are used,
    or for A3 units when the A2 models are used, or for women replacements in general which currently all use the same civilian model.

It is essentially a simple, yet rather boring and time consuming copy paste job.

You would get a text file with the different templates available and another text file with the units.
    The job is to assign meaningful models to the different type of classes - in other words it involves some creativity and sense of realism.

Thanks

---

@ Wilsdorf
    It is a config bug on my behalf (BI mixed QG files inside the A1 addons folder..).
    Will be fixed in the next update. For now disable A1 please.

Your @A1A2ObjectMerge must be way more to the right. Please check the wiki again.

thanks Kju,

I remove all reference to ArmA1 but I always have a black screen.

I don't have the QG addon.
    here my new rpt:

Spoiler:

Page 93 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast