.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

I'm using the FDF mod and it works fine, but the sound is many kinds of messed up. On the RK-95 there's no shooting sound. The pistol just make a weird little click and the helicopter is just terrible. Does anybody know what can be the cause of sounds not working correctly?

ahhhhh ok i was worried for a second i broke my all in arma :D

---------- Post added at 23:34 ---------- Previous post was at 23:34 ----------

Something changed with today's beta update.

sorry forgot to attch quote

I've occasionally been getting errors on startup recently referring to missing AiA .pbo's, namely one that was called "AiA_water2destroyer" or something similar (I think) but upon looking through the All in Arma folder I couldn't find the .pbo it was referring to. The game ran as fine as it normally does, I'm still getting the mysterious floating "water line" on many custom terrains including Namalsk and Podagorsk (which is why I was curious about this "missing .pbo"). The weird part is that sometimes The error appears and sometimes it doesn't... If I remember correctly the other pbo I had this pop up with was related to Characters, maybe CA_Characters.pbo but that wouldn't be from AiA I don't think.

Running Stable build A3 Beta, using Play With Six to launch.

I'll see about getting more accurate info on the pbo names.

Weird, using AiA will make my A3beta unit and vehicle disappear. Only unit and vehicle from A2 and A1 available.

@meerkatflyer: the flying waterline is afaik indeed an indication for a missing pbo, had it once when a terrain i was playing, was using objects from PMC, try to download AiA manually and check if installation is complete or if namalsk/podagorsk require some other custom objects? (i guess they dont though)

And on the "sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt" thing, i was suprisingly driving a black strider yesterday, looked kinda neat but it was gone after i restarted the game ;( :P

@sweetmatrix: remove "disablea3content.pbo" (and maybe replace with disableCOcontetn from the "_optional" folder), but remember you cannot mix a3 with a2 units, will cause glitches and crash!

Edit: just tested podagorsk too and it has the flying waterline for me too

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

@fabio_Chavez , I'm not trying to combine it, but even in empty class, there is no Commanche! :( I need that thing.

Same issue as zhrooms. Full error is: no entry 'config.bin/cfgdiary/fixedpages/conversation.type'

same here. I tried this mod yesterday for the first time, and thought that something is wrong with my arma installations-cleaned it up, reinstalled both A2 and CO, the error still persists.

same here. I tried this mod yesterday for the first time, and thought that something is wrong with my arma installations-cleaned it up, reinstalled both A2 and CO, the error still persists.

ive produced a ticket on their tracker for this :) vote up

@Fabio_Chavez , I did, just like before, the only thing is in Blue side is parachute, no Commanche or any new vehicle in the beta.

also receiving a lot of this water line bug.

Same. Every update I still have it and don't know how to fix it so I can play the community created afghan-style maps. :\ Hopefully it's an easy tweak or something.

New version available: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-in-arma/files

Changes:

• Added: system to choose easily between A3 infantry models only for everything and traditional A2/OA/TKOH infantry models.
  • Added: optional addons to disable A2/OA or A3 missions or units from the editor.

• Changed: Make sure all community made terrains use A3 lighting definitions.

• Fixed: With A2CO content disabled, the USMC Fort_nest_M240 is still available.
  • Fixed: With A2CO content disabled, the BIS_US Seafox_EP1 is still available.

Full details: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1491

---

Notes:

• A3 BETA required.
  • CBA A3 beta 4 required (and no other CBA version).
  • Delete the former @AllInArma modfolder first.
  • The design of A3 vs A2/OA/TKOH infantry and hidden content has changed. Make sure to read the FAQ.
  • If you want to play A1 terrains without missing objects, you need to merge the misc.pbo and buildings.pbo from A1 and A2 yourself and put it into .\@A1A2ObjectMerge\addons. More details in the wiki.
  • If you want to play A1 missions, you need to load A2 and OA along as well. Queen's Gambit missions are not yet supported.
  • Please read the known-issues section, the FAQ and howTo-post-issues.

Important notes:

Please vote in the A3 Feedback Tracker (FT) for AiA related tickets.

See links in the Known issues section.

Contribute:

We are looking for a nice banner, promo screenshots and promo trailers for our new AllInArma info page.

If you want to help out with your skills, please contact me. :)

Enjoy :bounce3:

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Great. Thank you :)

Ive just had a quick run, and the A3 units manning all CO equipment/vehicles works flawlessly so far. :)

.kju you have done something amazing, I don't know if it annoys you when other mods are brought up on the discussion with yours but if you and the ACE team worked together my oh my I would die from excitement. I know at one point they said that it is most likely that as well as doing ACE for both Future setting and Modern in one download but if you worked together then they would not need to worry about re-creating or adding in all the previous units, etc in so they could focus on the game features. It would be the mega mod for ARMA but just an idea, congrats on the launch of this mod!

Works great. Love playing Arma 2 with the new stances and ragdolls. Breathes some new life into an "old" classic. Thanks to everyone involved.

@meerkatflyer: the flying waterline is afaik indeed an indication for a missing pbo, had it once when a terrain i was playing, was using objects from PMC, try to download AiA manually and check if installation is complete or if namalsk/podagorsk require some other custom objects? (i guess they dont though)

And on the "sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt" thing, i was suprisingly driving a black strider yesterday, looked kinda neat but it was gone after i restarted the game ;( :P

@sweetmatrix: remove "disablea3content.pbo" (and maybe replace with disableCOcontetn from the "_optional" folder), but remember you cannot mix a3 with a2 units, will cause glitches and crash!

Edit: just tested podagorsk too and it has the flying waterline for me too

I tried that I'm afraid and mounting PMC didn't do a thing (I had scoured this thread for a solution earlier and saw that post...) and I can't imagine that I'm missing any custom object addons. Just for kicks though I'll try and check for dependencies through Six Updater and manually install those (I haven't seen any requirements for Namalsk though...), I might even try a manual AiA install assuming my head isn't hurting as horribly as it is now... :\

@ Roflstomp100

There are only very few servers running AiA at this point. Best use a powerful server browser to find them,

like Play withSix or http://arma3.swec.se/server/list - filter for AiA or All in Arma.

@ ChrzRw79

Thanks for doing the interviews and sharing them with the general public. Good read. :)

@ ghostnineone

Either just remove the definitions for A1 and TKOH, or leave them empty - no problem.

Check the wiki about alternatives when the modline is too long.

@ SethAten

A2 free works just fine. Just use the path to it, instead of the one to A2.

However setting params/the modline in steam is a bad idea as explained in the wiki.

@ pressytcn

Add your custom modfolders to the very left of the modline like -mod=@F19;@Typhoon;...

See also the FAQ in the wiki and the batch files.

@ RoadField

Maybe soon. I debugged it for the most part already, but was unable to find the exact problem yet.

@ Zerith

Do you run an old version by chance? Your screenshot still shows the tiny box bug already fixed a while ago.

@ Wilsdorf

CA_desert2_Characters is defined in the AiA_A1_Dummy located in @AllInArma\ProductDummies.

It seems either you are missing this folder/these addons or they don't get loaded along.

Please provide your rpt log file of a game session when you get this error.

As for InitJipCompatible.sqf check: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71748

@ doveman

Check the FAQ section on the @A1A2ObjectMerge modfolder.

The load order is from right to left. In other words the first item is loaded last.

@ Tinter

a) Unfortunately the A3 sound engine still has many bugs and is still work in progress.

b) Unfortunately BI broke backwards compatibility rather to make new definitions for their changes..

Solutions are:

1) BI does it right. Aka a design with backwards compatibility in mind.

2) One has to re-configure the sounds for all A2/OA content.. aka insane. Plus there is no documentation available yet..

@ Meerkatflyer

CAwater2_destroyer is an addon from A2. If the game complains, it appears it is missing in your A2 install. Please double check.

In general you need to upload your rpt log file in the issue tracker for such problems. For more info check:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-in-arma/wiki#HowTo-post-issues

@ antnxx, zhrooms, steven breen, InstaGoat, tyl3r99, AL_

Fixed in the new update. Although dev branch is generally not supported by AiA.

@ Vulcanexius

I was lead for WGL5 (its predecessor) and lead for ACE(1) in the early days.

AiA is certainly meant also to easy bringing mods like ACE more easily to A3.

However high level modding is way more demanding (skill and time wise) than most people realize.

If and when ACE will become available to A3 is something only the ACE team can tell - probably at this point they won't make a statement on this.

Personally I think a lot depends on how A3 turns out and BI is really willing to support modding.

While the shared parts of documentation in the BIKI were a start, there is still lot to be done on the BI side and many modders are doubtful if BI will deliver.

@ Fabio_Chavez, weedman, Yokhanan, Meerkatflyer

I tried to fix the "water line" bug by defining elevationOffset = 0; in CAWorld.

That seems not it and didn't help. I am not even sure its related to water actually.

However defunct seems to identified the problem coming from the A2 pond objects.

Unfortunately at this point I think only BI can fix it.

If you have further observations, ideas about the problem or demo missions, post them here please:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71947

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Kju, once again I have to bow for all the hard work, love and dedication you pour into enhancing this lovely game.

A ton of thanks for all your works so far and upcoming.

An avid moduser.

@ Fabio_Chavez, weedman, Yokhanan, Meerkatflyer

I tried to fix the "water line" bug by defining elevationOffset = 0; in CAWorld.

That seems not it and didn't help. I am not even sure its related to water actually.

Thanks for informing us and the update :) , sometimes it happens and sometimes not so i guess its down to bi on this one.