.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

I don't have weapon sounds working. Are the files listed supposed to be the hotfix files? I did not see files with those names there or at the AIA files repository. I tried to use AiA_SoundReplacement_Weapons_With_JSRS.pbo and then installed JSRS 2.2 but I get an error at startup that says it requires JSRS_2A14. How do we get sound working with this version of AIA? The stock sounds would be fine with me.

The error that's being reported is a file from JSRS 1.5, for A2. It is to my understanding that AiA has begun using JSRS1.5 to replace all the default sounds with the great ones developed by LordJarhead. Not sure about the exact details of it all, but I downloaded JSRS1.5 and the weapon sounds work just fine (along with the sound fix that you posted). The only thing still missing for me is the armor/car engine sounds.

;2761387']@ Bobby Budnick

Unfortunately I forgot that they would be still useful for the old AiA version and had them removed.

I will try to bring the back up in the coming days.

Thanks I will be checking for that.

The error that's being reported is a file from JSRS 1.5' date=' for A2. It is to my understanding that AiA has begun using JSRS1.5 to replace all the default sounds with the great ones developed by LordJarhead. Not sure about the exact details of it all, but I downloaded JSRS1.5 and the weapon sounds work just fine (along with the sound fix that you posted). The only thing still missing for me is the armor/car engine sounds.[/quote']

I just downloaded JSRS15MOD-FINAL from this link:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104514-J-S-R-S-1-5

Unfortunately, I now get the error "'AiA_SoundReplacement_Weapons_With_JSRS_BaseSoundModeType'" requires addon 'AiA_Sounds_BaseSoundModeType'".

edit:

I got it working finally. Instead of putting the the replacement sound pbo in @AllInArma\Core\addons, I put it in it's own mod folder.

Edited by Bobby Budnick
progress

@ Bobby Budnick

Sorry missed the second part. For the A2/OA sounds you need the A2/OA version of JSRS of course. :)

(aka JSRS1 and NOT JSRS2 which is for A3)

For those still using this old AiA version - the hotfix for sound changes should also work for it.

It's already applied when using Play withSIX.

Files:

---

• AiA_FirstLoaded.pbo (put to @AllInArma\Core\addons)
  • AiA_Sounds.pbo (put to @AllInArma\Core\addons)

Download at:

---

Mega mirror

Hi,

I just downloaded AiA but I'm getting the following error:

Img: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0nyc53jfdqqmpw/AiA_Line_0_error.JPG?dl=0

RPT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/riv5r0ydu59brkc/arma3_2014-08-29_11-28-39.rpt?dl=0

I downloaded "AllInArmaStandalone_2014_08_10" and "AllInArmaStandalone_2014_08_24_Patch", unpakced them into the A3 folder.

Only plugins active is CBA_A3 and AiA.

It happens when I press "Scenarios" in the play menu at the A3 start screen.

What am I missing?

Edited by stlassen

@ stlassen

The AiA SA thread is here. :)

Can confirm your issue - my bad. This is what always happens when a release is rushed and not fully tested.

The build script did compress the missions again .. the underlying problem is from BI though: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19121

Will release a hotfix later today. Sorry again! :o

;2764197']@ stlassen

The AiA SA thread is here. :)

Sorry about that. :) Will remember. :)

;2764197']Can confirm your issue - my bad. This is what always happens when a release is rushed and not fully tested.

The build script did compress the missions again .. the underlying problem is from BI though: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19121

Will release a hotfix later today. Sorry again! :o

Great! :)

I have been enjoying the mod so far. But I was wondering about the difference in volume between external and internal views on vehicles. For example, the Abrams.

Is this still supposed to be a problem? I see here that it may still be. https://dev.withsix.com/issues/72184

If not, does the high quality pack or standalone release fix the problem? I am also seeing a few error popups when certain things are spawned and at the start of the game and missions.

If so, where are the relevant config entries for volume normalization? I.E. the multiplier you were referring to in the bug thread. I figure I might try to change the volume levels just for the Abrams since it is all I really drive.

@ Bobby Budnick

The issue is still present. BI did not provide any more info sadly so far.

On the other side I also don't want spend many hours tweaking the volume manually one by one.

The JSRS replacement should be somewhat better.

If you want to give it a go yourself, open \@AllinArma\Core\AiA_Sounds.pbo/Volume/CO/config.cpp,

search for A1Abrams and sub classes or its weapon and adjust it.

For more info and to vote for the problem see:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18011

Hey I have a problem because allinarma not detect me my arma 2 combined operations how to fix it?

How many people are still using the old AiA merge version?

I am curious whether its worth the effort trying to update it - thoughts?

;2791332']thoughts?

Much as it pains me (because I still haven't girded my loins sufficiently to download the monster standalone package), my thoughts are that you should ditch anything that doesn't contribute to the end goals (and thereby reach those goals a little quicker). I think your time would be better spent on CUP config work.

I thought of using it if it would save unnecessary downloads while being compatible, but for now it doesn't seem to be the case. Not that it's a major issue or anything, just a "would be nice to have" kind of thing.

The goal was to have a conversion feature in PWS to transform existing A2/OA/CO installs to AiA SA.

Unfortunately this is unlikely to happen any time soon.

Technically it would be possible to offer the changed pbos as separate download to the AiA merge version.

However as you say the question is whether the effort is worth it.

I use it primarily to play the bi made missions when I'm bored of other stuff. But I could handle waiting for better aia tp missions or even outright conversions if it means faster work on cup. What about a long term release schedule for it, that allows for the many more incrimental updates to tp and Stand alone in between?

> if it means faster work on cup

The progress of CUP is only very little related to my active involvement/coding.

The slow progress is essentially about having with Alwarren and Varanon only two active modelers ..

Leaving out the people working on object and building conversion - M1lkm8n, Nonov, SmokeDog, James, Pansyfaust, Meaty.

And of course Reyhard - who is fully occupied with RHS work at the moment though.

There are some contributions - which we are very grateful about; however the integration work and adaption to CUP standards

is considerable nevertheless. Often so much that it's more meaningful to do the port again from scratch.

> What about a long term release schedule for it, that allows for the many more incremental updates to AiA TP and SA in between

Not sure what you mean here exactly - please elaborate. :)

;2791625']

> What about a long term release schedule for it' date=' that allows for the many more incremental updates to AiA TP and SA in between

Not sure what you mean here exactly - please elaborate. :)[/quote']

The idea in my head at the time was something like how Ubuntu does their releases with the LTS version going several update cycles before seeing a major update bringing it up to date with their normal releases. Realize a somewhat stable state with aia and save updating it till SA and TP have plenty of fixes to dump into it.

How many files are identical or only slightly changed from original A2/OA? If the amount is significant, it might be worth it to just copy them over before letting Play withSIX download the delta, resulting in significantly reduced download. However, it would still take the same hard drive space.

@ TheCapulet

Still not quite sure what you mean - is it about syncing (or not) AiA merge with AiA TP/SA releases?

@ galzohar

I am not quite sure what you are about - PWS itself transfers not PBOs but the synq repository.

The planned feature was to create a synq repo from the local data and then make it check what data still

needs to be downloaded. As synq stores the data in small chunks (AFAIK), one can determine that.

;2791867']@ TheCapulet

Still not quite sure what you mean - is it about syncing (or not) AiA merge with AiA TP/SA releases?

For instance' date=' if you were to have updates for SA/TP every month, you could accumulate those updates for six months before updating regular AiA with them.

;2791867']

@ galzohar

I am not quite sure what you are about - PWS itself transfers not PBOs but the synq repository.

The planned feature was to create a synq repo from the local data and then make it check what data still

needs to be downloaded. As synq stores the data in small chunks (AFAIK), one can determine that.

Maybe he's talking about having a conversion process applied automatically to AiA SA that, if the player has A2/OA installed, will automatically detect it and which files are usable from it, copying them over first before the rest of the AiA SA download starts?

How was the SA release created? Was it actually built entirely from BI's sources (if so, well done, I'd have thought that a titanic job) or does it contain (at least in part) pbos lifted straight from the A2/OA releases?

@ TheCapulet

I don't quite see the benefit.

Let me switch perspective it to make it more clear:

---

AiA merge only adds additional pbos, mostly configs, to make it work.

While AiA SA/TP, actual modify the BI pbos - this has to be done especially for terrain objects,

as their location is hardcoded in the wrp. Even if you would modify the BI terrains, you would

loose compatibility for all custom terrains. Also you cannot split or magically merge data.

With an additional patching tool, like PWS, one can do other things of course.

As said this was initially planned, yet Sickboy has way too many other important tasks unfortunately.

@ Defunkt

The BI source is a huge mess. As such AiA SA is built by extracting the release data.

So far there have not been many data updates and there won't be many in the future aside from terrain objects.

Converted/ported content does not have to use the same namespace/pbo as the old one as their location is

define via a config entry as you know (model = "\path\to\file.p3d").

That said CUP uses of course the source data from BI and pboproject is a very strict gatekeeper. :)

So rsync (or whatever is doing PWS diff these days) could delta patch the original retail pbos with the extracted-and-rebuilt pbos of SA? I'd have thought that unlikely and that a local patcher like the one you did for IF would be simplest.

So rsync (or whatever is doing PWS diff these days) could delta patch the original retail pbos with the extracted-and-rebuilt pbos of SA? I'd have thought that unlikely and that a local patcher like the one you did for IF would be simplest.

That's what I was getting at. Let the existing delta patching mechanism sort out the differences between the original A2/OA files and the new ones. Whatever must still be downloaded will be downloaded, but at least something will probably be saved and just copied locally rather than re-downloaded. Of course, this is just for downloading AIA for the first time, after that there's no point copying anymore (so just look for the file in A2/OA folder if it is missing in AIA folder and copy it before starting the delta patching).

After digging through the SA thread it sounds like that's just what you're trying to do. Though why isn't it up on PWS regardless without the feature? A large download is better than no download. Or are there other show-stoppers?

Edited by galzohar

;2792078']@ TheCapulet

I don't quite see the benefit.

Let me switch perspective it to make it more clear:

---

AiA merge only adds additional pbos' date=' mostly configs, to make it work.

While AiA SA/TP, actual modify the BI pbos - this has to be done especially for terrain objects,

as their location is hardcoded in the wrp. Even if you would modify the BI terrains, you would

loose compatibility for all custom terrains. Also you cannot split or magically merge data.

With an additional patching tool, like PWS, one can do other things of course.

As said this was initially planned, yet Sickboy has way too many other important tasks unfortunately.

[/quote']

I assume based on what you say that TP and SA have many major data improvements that typically won't see their way to AiA merge. I guess that is where I saw the benefit in the first place. Since SA and TP are essentially on the same release path, while AiA merge is on another that doesn't include a lot of the work required for SA and TP, AiA merge wouldn't be at such a disadvantage with a longer release schedule compared to TP and SA.