Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ARMA 2: OA beta build 103718 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

Deleted
    Last edited by On_Sabbatical; Apr 10 2013 at 15:35. Reason: was wrong !

^ ^ I do not find that to be true. All those weapons are guidable with autoguideAT off (Veteran), and cannot be locked. The commander can select a target with ctrl+right click and then order the gunner to fire, and the target is properly destroyed, but there is no "lock" icon.

Quote Originally Posted by OMAC View Post
    ^ ^ I do not find that to be true. All those weapons are guidable with autoguideAT off (Veteran), and cannot be locked. The commander can select a target with ctrl+right click and then order the gunner to fire, and the target is properly destroyed, but there is no "lock" icon.
    Yes,right ... i was running a different server batch file

ADDIT: Ah okay, this would seem to answer my second question, which means, no harm in installing and seeing for myself the answer to my first question

run the patch exe to apply the patch setup automatically (you may be prompted to choose
    your exact version in some occasions).

* It will install all beta content to a mod folder "Expansion\Beta",
    including the beta exe (that has to be run properly with working directory
    set to the main game installation, see below for more information)

* To launch Arma2 Operation Arrowhead beta patch you need to go to the
    main game directory and
    click on shortcut "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch"
    I'm currently patched to 1.62. I just installed DayZ (and a bunch of other new stuff including the full ACE package) using Armarize.

Turn off extraneous stuff that DayZ servers might not like (CWR, CBA, ACE, etc., etc.) and then I see that quite a few of the DayZ servers require 1.62.103419.

Couple questions:

1. If I patch to this beta patch, will the servers that require 1.62.103419 recognize it as comptatible?

2. Apart from simply backing up my entire Arma 2 folder, is there a simple way to retain the capacity to revert to 1.62 if I find for some reason that I don't like what it is doing?
    Last edited by Anthropoid; Apr 11 2013 at 23:06.

Hmm. Suddenly BattlEye is kicking me with "Unknown Game Version" again with this beta. Anyone else seeing this?

hmm, was transient, seems to be working again. ignore.
    Last edited by thhamm; Apr 12 2013 at 18:40.

Quote Originally Posted by thhamm View Post
    Hmm. Suddenly BattlEye is kicking me with "Unknown Game Version" again with this beta. Anyone else seeing this?

hmm, was transient, seems to be working again. ignore.
    That was the case because strangely another new beta with the same build number was released yesterday. The automation that is in place broke things, but I manually fixed it afterwards.

I have no idea why that happened, there must have been an error on BI's side.

Observed animation mismatch/issue in 1st person when going from kneel position into run/sprint - arms are getting too high up like someone pulls them too fast up into the air. Old "stuck in weapon/binoc switch-loop" animation bug still active. Killed/dead units do still reincarnate as ghosts over their last position. HE rounds + grenades need a bigger fragmentation radius + it would be good and authentic to have a proper blast or shockwave effect for certain ammo types in default Armaverse too.

8.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #48
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRailgunner View Post
    Observed animation mismatch/issue in 1st person when going from kneel position into run/sprint - arms are getting too high up like someone pulls them too fast up into the air. Old "stuck in weapon/binoc switch-loop" animation bug still active. Killed/dead units do still reincarnate as ghosts over their last position. HE rounds + grenades need a bigger fragmentation radius + it would be good and authentic to have a proper blast or shockwave effect for certain ammo types in default Armaverse too.
    that's all nice and such,
    for the
    - Stuck in weapon/binocs loop
    - Ghost killed/dead units
    are there any simple repro missions (w/o mods if possible)?

If you try default missions (SP/MP/editor) in vanilla A2OA and keep an eye on these things you will notice them. Ghosts are flickering for second or two over dead/killed units. Animation loop is noticable if you switch between rifle, AT/AA, handgun, binoculars.... this bug is old and made it somehow back. There is also an animation issue if you try to reload your handgun while walking/running - arms are glitching into each other - visible in 3rd person too. Btw what about increasing default A2OA range of grenade/HE fragmentation let's say 5 meters as lethal deadzone and +15m as casualty-inducing radius (keep in mind fragments can fly ~200m) ?

@ZGuba

Since i can't connect to dev-heaven.net,i will post here two issues:

The CRV7-PG missile on the wildcat,flies now fast but its maneuvrability is very low,it turns really slowly,you really need to aim at the target to hit.

Second issue is concerning M256 main gun (but i don't think it's related to CCP changes) : you can just reproduce this by getting on the gunner seat of an ABRAMS and shoot some rounds,or by putting a AI T90/72 face to face with another AI abrams.

You will notice that the main gun misses very often its target,even more ,when you get in the gunner seat and right click a vehicle at around 1000 m or above, the round just hits the ground next to it,and this happens most of the time !

T72/90 main is extremly accurate though at any range ,and doesn't have this problem !

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast