Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 103718 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

Im really ot getting what this guy is talkign about. Vehicles range finders a not affects in any way by CCP nor is manual range input.

With Autoguide ON,when you right click on a vehicle while being in a M1a1 (for example),the zeroing will be set automatically ... but with Autoguide OFF,you will not have this feature and you will have to do it the WW2 way !

So,what i suggest (if possible) is to make autozeroing possible when right clicking a vehicle (without showing the locking square) ! But,i doubt it's impossible with arma 2 engine or am i wrong ?

With Autoguide ON,when you right click on a vehicle while being in a M1a1 (for example),the zeroing will be set automatically ... but with Autoguide OFF,you will not have this feature and you will have to do it the WW2 way !

So,what i suggest (if possible) is to make autozeroing possible when right clicking a vehicle (without showing the locking square) ! But,i doubt it's impossible with arma 2 engine or am i wrong ?

Manual input is not WWII syle but O.K. it is used a lot still and was considered a good way in armoured recon units equipped with Leo II in cold war ( I still got cold war trainimg in 1993) because using the laser ranger would set off the laser warning in the Russian and East German Tanks from T-64 upwards.

But Klick on target is indeed important for playabiliy

seany your ignorance and stupidity is really amazing.

CCP: Bug #63476 - AutoGuideAT is disabled by default in Veteran and Expert, and cannot be enabled - Added by kju 5 months ago. Updated 4 months ago.

CIT: Feature #70243 - Separate FCS from weapon locking ability - Added by kju 3 months ago

in any case thanks to people like him the CCP was stopped a long time ago .. hopefully you are happy with what you have achieved

sad for the long time fighting for this project and all the hard work that went into it

As gunner one should be able to read the range in the optics and use PgUp/PgDwn to adjust the range - some vehicles are just missing the rangefinder + manual range selection (PgUp/PgDwn). Except for those vehicles which are too old or didn't got an rangefinder/FCS upgrade. I'm still curious why OPFOR tanks (eg Takistani) can detect lock-on from Apache (Hellfire) and deploy smokescreens - this should be only working for the T-90 ingame (incl. jamming the laser/misleading the missile). It would be really great if BIS can make only remote controlled weapon stations useable from the inside of vehicles and that the commander (player/AI) can turn out and use his machinegun without automatically turning the AI gunner/driver out. Another old issue: if the player operating as gunner in a technical got hit + wounded the AI can't get him out of this place = player is stuck in pain animation. :(

sometimes I feel this is theater with 10 actors or may be 1 ? :)

Someone damaged brain implement this stupid tab feature in 2000 in ofp.Unfortunately such feature not exist in any kind of weapons,and imho was copied from game called armored fist.

Anyway such feature works within standard ofp view distance around 1000-1200m set on servers at that time.

There is also was not so bad way of implementation from both views - reality and game as within such short distance gunner in real life should point crosshair reasonably very fast.

But with increasing view distance in arma1 it appears as exploit and cheat.

Due to natural reasons (air dispersion,surface of earth etc)there is imposable to recognize friend or foe on ground for ground vehicles beyond 2.5km(I noticed official pdf report of 1991 for m1a1 and m2a2 in dev heaven) and any simulators should follows such important facts.

Most missiles presented in game need manual targeting or visual appearance of targets so air vehicles should not be excluded from rule as well.

I understand frustration of some players as normal wish to have something which can be done automatically.But there are many players who want to take right shell from armory manually,load and fire in manual mode.

So should be compromise setting.ON or OFF.It will allow people feel spirit of some kind of sport.No between players who able to press 2 keys faster on keyboard,but between who got keen eyes and reaction and brain work to determinate target and destroy most dangerous target first.

Edited by kotov12345

Umm, BattleEye, not working...

Am i the only one?

I cant join ANY server.

IF i try with 1.62 92xxx something

i get 1.182 version of BE...

I i try to join with THIS beta i get BE init failed..

Every time...

;2367128']Umm' date=' BattleEye, not working...

Am i the only one?

I cant join ANY server.

Every time...[/quote']

to many bugs m8 here to check if newest beta adapted for mp.I playing with previous version.Unless you developer or server admin I don't see any reason why I should play with latest beta considering minimum changes.

;2366876']seany your ignorance and stupidity is really amazing.

Feel better now? Why do you want to insult me?

I'll be the first to state that I am no programer and some times I miss things or misunderstand things that may seem obvious to you' date=' which I am sorry for. I even said that in my last post. But, you don't help the issue with your childish behavior of flat out refusing to communicate with me.

This fix, I already commented on in that ticket, which I stated that it is the bare minimum of compromise and that I thought we could do better. Why does the FCS have to be broken at all with AutoguideAT disabled? But you, again, ignored me.

This fix' date=' I am afraid I must be too stupid to understand it I guess, as from what I can see, it (currently) makes no difference to anything regarding Autorange and AutoGuideAT being disabled. Either that or it has not yet been implemented. Any info on the progress? I guess you wont answer that though, as you seem unwilling to answer even the most basic of questions that I ask. Anytime I asked in the beta patch or CCP thread about the status of the FCS, you could have pointed me to that ticket, but instead you just ignore. I'm not telepathic.

;2366876']

in any case thanks to people like him the CCP was stopped a long time ago .. hopefully you are happy with what you have achieved

sad for the long time fighting for this project and all the hard work that went into it

It's unfortunate if the CCP has been stopped (though many changes have been made and are in the Beta, which means they will be in the patch, so don't get too melodramatic...), but I am afraid you partly brought this on yourself by not just sticking with outline of the CCP, which was to fix minor bugs and issues with the game that the devs did not have time to fix. You are the one who was unable to restrain themselves from adding in gameplay changing features that broke other aspects of the game, then ignoring queries from concerned players about the change. So you needn't bother trying to put the blame on me.

Lets just read the introduction to the CCP again:

* only fixes of obvious bugs or missing definitions are within the scope of this initiative

* all submitted changes must be under a license that allows Bohemia Interactive to freely include and distribute it

* changes must not break any of the existing official missions and campaigns

* kju is going to coordinate and submit resulting addon to Bohemia Interactive for final review

How will it work:

-----------------

# Suggestions via DH CCP project or BI Forums

# Process along the lines of the CIT (Obs, Exp, Repro, Demo mission)

# Key factors for changes to get done:

1. NOT break existing missions/campaigns (at least official content)

2. Simple change (easy to understand and evaluate the consequences)

3. Quality of the report (only good info can be made use from)

4. Player acceptance

5. Votes

# One addon maintained by dedicated admin (kju)

# Submitted to BI from time to time to be part of beta and full patches

Seems pretty clear to me

However, to end, I'd would like to again say sorry for not having understood the change to default setting. And I thank you KJU for adding this. Regardless you think of me, I still think that you are a good asset to the community and do a lot of good work in many areas. I don't see why we must be at each other's throats, we are both fans of the same game trying to make it better, we both ultimately want the same things. I am not completely unreasonable but I do get pretty annoyed when I am being ignored for no good reason, when I am try to help or preserve features of the game that other players use and don't want to see removed if there is a possibility to save them.

Edited by -=seany=-

;2367128']Umm' date=' BattleEye, not working...

Am i the only one?

I cant join ANY server.

Every time...[/quote']

your BattlEye is obsolete, latest version 1.192 client, update by the instructions http://www.battleye.com/download.html

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

some players unable to accept compromises and refusing to understand some changes (even after he reverted them) because they were too lazy to read the change-log and no you weren't ignored You just failed&refused to accept the explanation

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

to many bugs m8 here to check if newest beta adapted for mp.I playing with previous version.Unless you developer or server admin I don't see any reason why I should play with latest beta considering minimum changes.

actually you should use latest OA beta version, the amount of important changes (including stability and security) is there ... (fixes to beta-to-beta regressions, crashes and security which don't need disclose aren't in public changelog)

Seany, the decision we made was to reduce tablock-fest with guided missiles. The issue with FCS (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/70243) is a design flaw in engine and without programmer input we can hardly do anything about it.

According to my knowledge the tweak is disabled by default now.

some players unable to accept compromises and refusing to understand some changes (even after he reverted them) because they were too lazy to read the change-log and no you weren't ignored You just failed&refused to accept the explanation

Nothing to do with the FCS, revisions or otherwise was mentioned in any change log as far as I can see. And the only time anyone has "explained" anything to do with the questions I asked was in this thread. I would like to see the change log that lists these changes and the Explanation that I "failed to accept", because I have no idea where these are. They are not here: http://www.arma2.com/downloads/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_103718.log or here: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1391 . Where is the change log entry, for example, that says that AutoguideAT is enabled by default in all Difficulty settings? There is a bug tracker ticket for it of course, but I haven't seen it mentioned in any change log.

Other than making AutoGuideAT enabled by default in all difficulties, I don't see what else was "reverted". I politely asked if more could be done to accommodate users who might like to play with AutoGuideAT=disabled and got no response. When I load and test Arma with the current beta, right click Autorange is still broken when I switch AutoGuideAt to disabled. As far as I can see the problem still exists. So of course i am going to pursue a solution or compromise to the problem, as it is pretty much exactly the same as when it was first implemented. Unless there is something seriously wrong with my Arma install...Possible, but I don't think so.

Seany, the decision we made was to reduce tablock-fest with guided missiles. The issue with FCS (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/70243) is a design flaw in engine and without programmer input we can hardly do anything about it.

According to my knowledge the tweak is disabled by default now.

Thanks, that alone is the most clear information I have been given for this whole time.

Edited by -=seany=-

your BattlEye is obsolete, latest version 1.192 client, update by the instructions http://www.battleye.com/download.html

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

actually you should use latest OA beta version, the amount of important changes (including stability and security) is there ... (fixes to beta-to-beta regressions, crashes and security which don't need disclose aren't in public changelog)

Uhhm...No it isnt...I said..

IF i start with A2OA Vanilla i get 1.18x and it updates.

When updated i get the Proper BE version..

THEN if i try to start A2OA + this Beta..ONLY, no other mods

i get "BattleEye Initialisation Failed"..

And YES, i have tried Manual update...Isnt working either.

Andersson try to uninstall all of BE, delete the betabuild and delete the arma2oa.cfg (and your a2oa profile or just put it away) after this install the latest betabuild (it will ask you to install new BE). Perhaps create a new a2oa profile too...

Andersson try to uninstall all of BE, delete the betabuild and delete the arma2oa.cfg (and your a2oa profile or just put it away) after this install the latest betabuild (it will ask you to install new BE). Perhaps create a new a2oa profile too...

Man, i wish...I think my problem is much deeper...

LOL, i just posted stuff in A2OA troubleshooting...

Verry wierd stuff here man...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152694-Wierd-things-going-on

^ ^ I do not find that to be true. All those weapons are guidable with autoguideAT off (Veteran), and cannot be locked. The commander can select a target with ctrl+right click and then order the gunner to fire, and the target is properly destroyed, but there is no "lock" icon.

^ ^ I do not find that to be true. All those weapons are guidable with autoguideAT off (Veteran), and cannot be locked. The commander can select a target with ctrl+right click and then order the gunner to fire, and the target is properly destroyed, but there is no "lock" icon.

Yes,right ... i was running a different server batch file :D

ADDIT: Ah okay, this would seem to answer my second question, which means, no harm in installing and seeing for myself the answer to my first question

run the patch exe to apply the patch setup automatically (you may be prompted to choose

your exact version in some occasions).

* It will install all beta content to a mod folder "Expansion\Beta",

including the beta exe (that has to be run properly with working directory

set to the main game installation, see below for more information)

* To launch Arma2 Operation Arrowhead beta patch you need to go to the

main game directory and

click on shortcut "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch"

I'm currently patched to 1.62. I just installed DayZ (and a bunch of other new stuff including the full ACE package) using Armarize.

Turn off extraneous stuff that DayZ servers might not like (CWR, CBA, ACE, etc., etc.) and then I see that quite a few of the DayZ servers require 1.62.103419.

Couple questions:

1. If I patch to this beta patch, will the servers that require 1.62.103419 recognize it as comptatible?

2. Apart from simply backing up my entire Arma 2 folder, is there a simple way to retain the capacity to revert to 1.62 if I find for some reason that I don't like what it is doing?

Edited by Anthropoid

Hmm. Suddenly BattlEye is kicking me with "Unknown Game Version" again with this beta. Anyone else seeing this?

hmm, was transient, seems to be working again. ignore.

Edited by thhamm

Hmm. Suddenly BattlEye is kicking me with "Unknown Game Version" again with this beta. Anyone else seeing this?

hmm, was transient, seems to be working again. ignore.

That was the case because strangely another new beta with the same build number was released yesterday. The automation that is in place broke things, but I manually fixed it afterwards.

I have no idea why that happened, there must have been an error on BI's side.

Observed animation mismatch/issue in 1st person when going from kneel position into run/sprint - arms are getting too high up like someone pulls them too fast up into the air. Old "stuck in weapon/binoc switch-loop" animation bug still active. Killed/dead units do still reincarnate as ghosts over their last position. HE rounds + grenades need a bigger fragmentation radius + it would be good and authentic to have a proper blast or shockwave effect for certain ammo types in default Armaverse too. :)

Observed animation mismatch/issue in 1st person when going from kneel position into run/sprint - arms are getting too high up like someone pulls them too fast up into the air. Old "stuck in weapon/binoc switch-loop" animation bug still active. Killed/dead units do still reincarnate as ghosts over their last position. HE rounds + grenades need a bigger fragmentation radius + it would be good and authentic to have a proper blast or shockwave effect for certain ammo types in default Armaverse too. :)

that's all nice and such,

for the

- Stuck in weapon/binocs loop

- Ghost killed/dead units

are there any simple repro missions (w/o mods if possible)?

If you try default missions (SP/MP/editor) in vanilla A2OA and keep an eye on these things you will notice them. Ghosts are flickering for second or two over dead/killed units. Animation loop is noticable if you switch between rifle, AT/AA, handgun, binoculars.... this bug is old and made it somehow back. ;) There is also an animation issue if you try to reload your handgun while walking/running - arms are glitching into each other - visible in 3rd person too. Btw what about increasing default A2OA range of grenade/HE fragmentation let's say 5 meters as lethal deadzone and +15m as casualty-inducing radius (keep in mind fragments can fly ~200m) ?

@ZGuba

Since i can't connect to dev-heaven.net,i will post here two issues:

The CRV7-PG missile on the wildcat,flies now fast but its maneuvrability is very low,it turns really slowly,you really need to aim at the target to hit.

Second issue is concerning M256 main gun (but i don't think it's related to CCP changes) : you can just reproduce this by getting on the gunner seat of an ABRAMS and shoot some rounds,or by putting a AI T90/72 face to face with another AI abrams.

You will notice that the main gun misses very often its target,even more ,when you get in the gunner seat and right click a vehicle at around 1000 m or above, the round just hits the ground next to it,and this happens most of the time !

T72/90 main is extremly accurate though at any range ,and doesn't have this problem !