Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 103718 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror :

+ [103718] Fixed: AI no longer fires on targets it does not see, only is reported by other group members.

+ more BattlEye server side filters http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138736-Introducing-Server-side-Event-Logging-Blocking&p=2364961&viewfull=1#post2364961

+ fixed SSL issues with secureID http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143091-Secure-ID-progress&p=2329137#post2329137

[102678] Fixed: switchWeapon action broken (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71136)

+ way more crash fixes both scripting and else

[102493] Fixed: execFSM/doFSM/commandFSM causes crash with non fsm file

[102469] Fixed: initAmbientLife causes a crash (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71001)

[102440] Fixed: Smooth camera could sometimes jump very far briefly (caused crash https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32444)

+ more crash fixes including the MP fire+ground hit one

[102106] Fixed: Joystick state reset on start

[102082] Fixed: gearSlotData causes crash when no valid control is given (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/70912)

[101333] A new mission.sqm unit value forceHeadlessClient used to mark a role reserved for a HC (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/67648)

+ hotfixed crash from 101141 changes

[101141] Fixed: Scripting functions aimPos, eyePos, eyeDirection fixed for a crew (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/38606#change-152548)

[101032] New: Scripting function hasInterface to allow detecting a headless client or a dedicated server.

[100540] Fixed: Users connecting with blocked CD keys were sometimes shown "You are banned" message instead of "Bad CD Key".

+ SSL fix http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143091-Secure-ID-progress&p=2273013&viewfull=1#post2273013

+ multiple crash cases resolved (thanks to all who reported)

[100296] Fixed: MP: Player head movement using numpad keys was not visible to other players.

[100257] Fixed: ballisticsComputer uses wrong velocity (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/6823)

+ some beta regressions fixed, shall hotfix some of the often crashes of client/server seen in past weeks

+ possible slight performance increase when using BE filters

the build contain quite some of crash fixes I mentioned last two weeks

suggested to be used for server hosting as it shall be noticeably stabler

(if you still get any crashes, it's very important for us to get server's mdmp,bidmp,rpt files

(compressed e.g. to my email (which is my BIForum nickname @ bistudio.com)with subject CRASH)

BattlEye compatibility: ... SUPPORTED, enjoy ! ...

note: also deployed on STEAM! (inside "test" branch, default beta is 103419)

+++

Data fixes and improvements by the Community Config Project (CCP)

Changelog: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1391

More info: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?141732-ARMA-2-Community-Configuration-Project-(A2CCP)

Fixed: AI no longer fires on targets it does not see, only is reported by other group members.

Good to see changes from A3 filter down to A2! Thumbs up, BIS!

Dwarden, please;

About the Fire Control System. Any word on what is happening with this? Is it possible we can get some compromise for the loss of it, even some thing as simple as increased manual zeroing range? And Zeroing for vehicles like the MGS Stryker that have none at the moment.

If the Developers decide it's not important, could I at least be given the decency of being told so? I obviously will stop asking if I am told that there is no intention of including a compromise for it. After all what else could I do?

I would ask and follow it up through the CCP channel, but I just get (purposely) ignored by KJU, for no reason. :(

Thanks

Edited by -=seany=-

Phew! for a second there...

thebeta.jpg

Edited by -dead-

Dwarden, please;

About the Fire Control System. Any word on what is happening with this? Is it possible we can get some compromise for the loss of it, even some thing as simple as increased manual zeroing range? And Zeroing for vehicles like the MGS Stryker that have none at the moment.

If the Developers decide it's not important, could I at least be given the decency of being told so? I obviously will stop asking if I am told that there is no intention of including a compromise for it. After all what else could I do?

I would ask and follow it up through the CCP channel, but I just get (purposely) ignored by KJU, for no reason. :(

Thanks

Yes FCS is really important,but i think that BIS will not make some alternative to TAB ... the current situation is bad but,it's better ... we just need auto zeroing when you right click on a vehicle !

So the AI freezing issues of 103419 are fixed with this, yes?

So the AI freezing issues of 103419 are fixed with this, yes?

if not I would really need very simple repro mission for verify

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

Yes FCS is really important,but i think that BIS will not make some alternative to TAB ... the current situation is bad but,it's better ... we just need auto zeroing when you right click on a vehicle !

by default nothing has changed to what it was before ... only if you disable autoguideAT then things differ (e.g. canLock)

only if you disable autoguideAT then things differ (e.g. canLock)

is it already implemented with this beta ?

I totally agree. We just need auto zeroing on right mouse click without even selecting the target.

is it already implemented with this beta ?

that's already this way for quite some time ... it was one of changes in CCP based on feedback

So you are saying that there will be no compromise to the loss of BIS's FCS when AutoGuideAT=Disabled?

that's already this way for quite some time ... it was one of changes in CCP based on feedback

What feedback? It was implemented and if you didn't like the fact it broke another unrealted feature, tough luck, you where ignored.

The server I play on regularly has not started to play with AutoGuideAT=Enabled, just as I feared. Meaning I (and everyone else) have lost a lot of functionality in tanks and vehicles (MGS Stryker is useless now). All for a change that is not even related to the FCS. No server plays with AutoGuideAT=Enabled Coop, PVP or whatever game mode.

What is the problem with giving us even the most basic of compromises? It's like a dirty question or something to even mention it. I just don't understand the brick wall I face every time I bring up this perfectly legitimate request.

I feel the sad thing for the community is that if someone else, other than me, had of brought this to the attention of the CCP team first, it probably would have been addressed by now.

So you are saying that there will be no compromise to the loss of BIS's FCS when AutoGuideAT=Disabled?

What feedback? It was implemented and if you didn't like the fact it broke another unrealted feature, tough luck, you where ignored.

The server I play on regularly has not started to play with AutoGuideAT=Enabled, just as I feared. Meaning I (and everyone else) have lost a lot of functionality in tanks and vehicles (MGS Stryker is useless now). All for a change that is not even related to the FCS. No server plays with AutoGuideAT=Enabled Coop, PVP or whatever game mode.

What is the problem with giving us even the most basic of compromises? It's like a dirty question or something to even mention it. I just don't understand the brick wall I face every time I bring up this perfectly legitimate request.

I feel the sad thing for the community is that if someone else, other than me, had of brought this to the attention of the CCP team first, it probably would have been addressed by now.

This is a test beta once the change is in a ful patch you will see servers with autoguide AT on. autoguide on in veteran mode does not autiguide simple RPGs, it just disablles autoguide for weponns that should not have it at all and tank tabbing. It's just a more difficult game mode that makes cumbersoem system like MANDO obsolete. If you want tabbing games you can set it as you like and always was once the full patch is out and all users and servers have the same settings Edited by Beagle

[/color]

Just tested it is not working.TAB still here what ever settings.At least in editor in sp mod.

in default it's not changed to what it was before ...

that was based on feedback people like seany

(in short in default settings CCP is not changing anything related to locking/zeroing/targeting computer)

(in short in default settings CCP is not changing anything related to locking/zeroing/targeting computer)

what is the problem then ? sorry I missed point.You just said was implemented - but in next post you said is not.

I load game with latest beta ,go to setting, set autoguide off but tab still works.What it is about ?

Wow, this is incredibly confusing for some thing so simple....

This is a test beta once the change is in a ful patch you will see servers with autoguide AT on.

What makes you think this? That will not happen. Most servers are already using the Beta and have not switched it on.

autoguide on in veteran mode does not autiguide simple RPGs, it just disablles autoguide for weponns that should not have it at all and tank

tabbing. It's just a more difficult game mode that makes cumbersoem system like MANDO obsolete.

Obviously I understand this.

If you want tabbing games...

You still don't seem to understand that I don't care if TAB lock is removed. I can't believe I am still having to explain that fact. I just want to be able to keep the ability to use the AUTO RANGE /Fire Control Computer that was added in Operation Arrowhead. If you use AutoGuideAT=Disabled, then you loose this ability. It's that simple.

...you can set it as you like and always was once the full patch is out and all users and servers have the same settings

This makes no sense. How can I change a setting that is forced by the Server? If the server plays with AutoGuidedAT=Disabled, all the Clients do too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just tested it is not working.TAB still here what ever settings.At least in editor in sp mod.

If you cant see any change then you are not loading the game with the most recent beta correctly. Plus, you need to test with AutoGuideAT=Disabled in difficulty settings. I just tested with the latest beta and it's as expected, AutoGuideAT=Disabled removes the ability to use the AutoRange in vehicles (and also TAB lock, which again, I don't care about)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what this means. What default? Default settings have been changed. Default before the CCP meant that you could Use Tab Lock and Auto Range by right click when AutoGuideAT was Enabled or Disabled.

? No feedback I gave was ever acknowledged or acted on, I have no idea where you got that from. The way it is now is the exact same way it was when it was implemented initially. It was implemented, and it broke the Fire Control/Auto Zeroing from day 1 when you played with AutoGuideAT=Disabled. Telling people to just play with AutoGuideAT=Enabled is not a solution because no server plays with this setting on.

Also, I still don't understand why some players who would like to play with TAB lock disabled would also want to loose the perfectly realistic function of modern armor's Fire Control System/ballistic computer. Why would anyone want to loose this feature when we don't have to, and a simple compromise could be put in? Like giving us more manual zeroing controls. Or even taking the opportunity to implement a more complex and realistic FCS.

I just don't understand it. It's totally illogical to want to implement a "more realistic" feature (Removal of TAB locking), while at the same time unintentionally breaking another unrelated feature (the ballistic computer/FCS) that is perfectly realistic. And also to not care that you have broken some vehicles at the same time (Stryker MGS), and greatly reduced the ability of others (M2a3, M1a2, Warrior, Linebacker,etc, etc.)

Dwarden, would it possible for you to have a quick test of these things in the editor? I feel you have been mislead about what has changed. And what "compromises" the CCP team gave (none). Understand that the person in charge is purposely ignoring me, so it's not too extreme to imagine they are misleading you about what is going on with this AutoRange/FCS/TAB lock problem.

What I am asking is not some crazy irrational thing, many other players do (and will) want this fixed too.

Edited by -=seany=-

... i'm saying until you change autoguideAT then it acts like before CCP ... and that's default behavior , so in default setup it works like before ... if you don't get it then I give up ...

... i'm saying until you change autoguideAT then it acts like before CCP ... and that's default behavior , so in default setup it works like before ... if you don't get it then I give up ...

Ok, I see. AutoGuideAT is enabled by default in every Difficulty setting now. A bit of an odd compromise, but I guess it is better than nothing. Sorry for not understanding initially. You are the first person to point out that this change was implemented.

I still think that there is plenty of reason to give some compromise for the loss of the Auto range when AutoGuideAT is disabled, though. What is the difficulty with giving us some extra Zeroing controls at the very least? And how come the people who would like an option to remove TAB lock don't care about loosing this AutoRange feature also?

Wouldn't it be a good time to implement a fully functional FCS anyway? We would have none of these ^ problems in that case. We could be done with TAB locking and pseudo Auto range systems for good if a system like the one used in ACE was implemented. It could also then be used in Arma3, which from what I have seen of the Alpha is going to use the same system that OA uses (prior to the CCP), which is a bit disappointing. I would have liked to see an upgrade/improvement in this area. I guess it is still possible though.

Thank you for the small compromise and apologies again for not understanding. As I said, no one explained this change before. Please also consider the FCS upgrades, everyone would appreciate it.

Edited by -=seany=-

Im really ot getting what this guy is talkign about. Vehicles range finders a not affects in any way by CCP nor is manual range input.