Sign in to follow this  
kiory

SA80 Ris/L85 Ris Release (Finally!)

Excellent job mate!

What are the classnames of the rifle and the ammo which it uses if I might ask?

Weapon Classname is - "SA80Ris"

Magazine Classname is - "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"

Thanks! I'm sure your work will open alot of doors for weapon modders and more weapons ;)

Great work, are you planning on making a susat sight?

Weapon Classname is - "SA80Ris"

Magazine Classname is - "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"

Kiory, you need to remember to start using tags (ukf_ for example, as with project: uk forces) for addons, otherwise you run the risk of overwriting other addons or vice versa. Head over to OFPEC to see the tag list.

Good work, always great to see more people taking up the UK kit. She looks a little skinny perhaps in the video, but looking forward to trying this out later.

Having trouble with this

All it does it translate the mag down the mag axis, it doesn't come back up at all.

Try to include the opposite animation later in the reload (eg. minValue = 0.75; maxValue = 0.85; offset1 = -0.5;), that could help :icon_twisted:

So Kiory... when's this secret project (think that's what Craig said you were doing) going to be finished?

I need something to watch during the day while job hunting to keep me from going insane haha ;)

FINALLY. Someone gives us a look at how to texture things for Arma specifically and not for things in general! Thank you

This is really generous of you mate - not only for free weapon, but also the invaluable information you let everyone have access to.

Much appreciated.

Can't see why people would keep this sort of thing to themselves, open source equals more content, if people just binarize their mods and have no intention of sharing their knowledge, well that's damn spiteful.

We need more great modders like you Kiory, to show us noobies the ropes and how its done. :D

Great work!!

I can see why people do that (if they've spent tons of hours on modelling/coding and are worried about IP theft), but I try and do what you do in my own way (by doing most of my coding in the open on the forums). I think by doing that, collectively, more gets done by modders and there's a better pool of information for people learning to refer to.

Excellent work man, really enjoying the gun.

I can see binarizing the model, but as for how its made. There's really no reason why people should have to re-invent the wheel EACH TIME. Good thing someone is making tutorials for A3 though, the only other How to content for Arma is from some ancient game called Flashpoint

Who is making tutorials?

I hadn't really considered that, I just see it as the process, I'm not necessarily teaching, but I guess some people do learn stuff from it.

I hadn't really considered that, I just see it as the process, I'm not necessarily teaching, but I guess some people do learn stuff from it.

Damn right, you see my glorious circle i made

Damn right, you see my glorious circle i made

That was a sexy circle!

Didn't you make a very basic sight of some sort as well or was that someone else?

That was a sexy circle!

Didn't you make a very basic sight of some sort as well or was that someone else?

Na that was a joke made it in like 30 seconds lol

Excellent, thank you. Is there any chance of seeing a variant with the full handguards, rather than the RIS? Even if it means having to remove the flashlight/IR attachment slots.

Your SA80 Ris/L85 looks amazing. The texture quality is superb compared to many others!