Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

I don't really know what I'm talking about here so I might be asking a very stupid question, but is it possible to only change the view distance for the player and not the AI?

That is to some extent possible to emulate by taking into account LOS and using setCaptive statements being switched so AI will be induced to ignore enemy units at a distance, but it introduces unnecessary complexity to scenario's and would greatly increase the time required to test missions and opens up enormous growth potential for undocumented features. The time and effort involved and the risk of breaking existing content makes such a change in missions unwarranted. Team resources are limited and should be more profitably employed.

Regards,

Sander

more profitably employed.

So send your cheques or money orders to....

Damn, I had a quite bad PC back then when I played OFP and I never could play with big VD Somehow I looked forward to playing the campaign with my usual VD of 5km. 1500 is fine for infantry missions but vehicle based stuff is another story. I really don´t know how the A-10 Mission from OFP will play with such a VD...

Im not at home so I can't check this but is it possible to change view distance in your settings after the mission enforces it or does it get "locked in" at mission start?

Default viewdistance in OFP was ~800m and many missions incl CWC/CWR campaign and default missions played just different or were broken if one would turn the viewdistance up to 2500 or even 5000. CWR2 is not adjusting or re-inventing everything just because your current A2OA viewdistance is much greater than it was back in 2001. It's easier to get used to improvements than to limitations. Maybe it's possible to create a less thicker fog for certain/specific missions or the "fog of war" very slowly disappears during mission time? Just some ideas for a quick try... ;)

You can use Instant View Distance addon to set your terrain detail and view distance even when mission has either already set. Notice that this addon can only be used in SP or Coop. You can set your desired values in userconfig and ingame via action menu.

Oh and this was the reason resistance campaign missions always started with grass on :o. Sorry to bother you guys about it.

You can use Instant View Distance addon to set your terrain detail and view distance even when mission has either already set. Notice that this addon can only be used in SP or Coop. You can set your desired values in userconfig and ingame via action menu.

Oh and this was the reason resistance campaign missions always started with grass on :o. Sorry to bother you guys about it.

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately I can't get it to work. Can you give me a more precise description of which files to put where?

And thanks for the explanation Wolle and Sander, I get your point. (Please don't get mad if I still want to experience the islands in their full glory, they are just so pretty :P)

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately I can't get it to work. Can you give me a more precise description of which files to put where?

And thanks for the explanation Wolle and Sander, I get your point. (Please don't get mad if I still want to experience the islands in their full glory, they are just so pretty :P)

It´s a PBO so I guess you load it just like CWR².

Guys, I'm more interested in how the new weapon and armor configs are working now. Since there are no more complaints I suppose they are working okay but those who have the pbo's installed better check again and report back please.

I can report that the latest configs appear to work perfectly.

Sorry for not confirming it earlier but I was busy "testing" it ;)

Ok, I overwritten the PBOs on casual folders, from my nightly directory(last updates april 8) and completelly restarted the campaign.

Info: AA2:CO 1.62 + beta 103718.

Civilians can use MGs, AT weapons, though can't use backpacks, normal ammo slot increase, while sidearm slots decreased twice, though civilians can't use both NVGs and Binoculars, you can have only, either binoculars, either NVGs(since beta).

Sadly, 1 RPG grenade now completelly destroys BMP-1, when hit to side :( (realistic, though I got used to resuplying from crippled BMPs)

Since I'm now in a hunt for RPK-74s too for my medics, I found (remebered the bug), RPK has single fire and automatic fire modes, though only single is written when selected, when other mode is selected - nothing is written (since demo).

Campaign 1st mission - the invasion - has spetsnaz guys to arrive to the city, though they are not there... also, from same mission gathered weapons/magazines don't transfer to other missions, but that's not an issue due to the storyline.

Edited by Gedis

Yes Gedis I decided to make the BMPs/M113s as weak as in OFP. We'll see if it's a too big problem and then can add some armor quickly.

The RPK's I look into right now.

Edit: The RPK-74 issue is fixed in this weapon config

Edited by W0lle

Resistance campaign was updated. Other reported issues arent yet fixed and not yet transfering backpacks. I hope to have bigger update on next week.

Change Log:

1.04:

-Added German stringtables (thanks to the translator)

-One mission ending fixed

-Some more variation in enemy soldiers

Edit: Link in the first post.

Edited by SaOk

First post updated now too, and a special thanks to Clayman for quickly translating the remaining strings so now the Campaign can be played with German subtitles instead "TODO_GERMAN". :cool:

It is a really great job from you Saok.

Now, just waiting for CWC camp - I really prefer playing high tech army.

Now, just waiting for CWC camp - I really prefer playing high tech army.

I don't think you have very long to wait. Hang in there! :) We're working on the last mission now, and Pete has finished all the cutscenes.

Note that CWC was tested without any of the new "nightly" config changes...

Resistance campaign was updated. Other reported issues arent yet fixed and not yet transfering backpacks. I hope to have bigger update on next week.

Change Log:

1.04:

-Added German stringtables (thanks to the translator)

-One mission ending fixed

-Some more variation in enemy soldiers

Edit: Link in the first post.

Sweet, I'm just waiting for the backpack fixes:

• transfering
  • loading backpacks to vehicles
  • backpack fixes for medics(maybe for civilians too)

Note that CWC was tested without any of the new "nightly" config changes...
you should test CWC with latest fixes, unless you want to have some rest and transfer this job to comunity :)
Edit: The RPK-74 issue is fixed in this weapon config
Just updated the campaign to 1.04 and weapon config, I'll test it :) Edited by Gedis

Visible bright tress/foliage through NVG in the woods between Lany and Lipany coordinates: If68 Sat27July1985 0100Hour. Is it possible to reduce the pistol mags for AI down to 1-2 or fix the everlasting BIS "AI can't switch back from pistols/handguns" bug?

As said previously, I overwritten campaign and other pbos from nightly, but i pressed the diagnose button on 'play with six'.

I didn't see that anything was updated, but then I started to play and noticed, it did backwards update... so I had to reupdate by hand again and restart 'second service' mission...

and after such frustration, WOW, weapons DID transfer to 'ammo low' mission (though it took a while to move all that gear from fia truck to civilian one, in which we are suppose to get in and drive off to the new base in mountains) and transfered even from 'crossroads' mission!

Another BIG surprise for me was the beggining of 'ammo low' mission, where I got 2 more guys, and 1 of them was a marksman with camo SVD (EPIC!) another one was a sniper with ghilie suit armed with CZ550 sniper rifle (legendary, but not so epic).

So, I started reequiping my guys with APSes, binoculars, NVGs, RPGs, AKSes, because I now have a $h!tload of weapons and ammo... but then I ran out of time and convoy moved elsewhere, so I fully reverted that mission and another surprise came, It turns out, that those 2 guys are randomly given, they are different each time revert is done, so I'll do constant revert until that camo SVD will be in my hands! :)

Now another great thing, the DSHK from 'second service' mission which I dismantaled to backpacks and placed to that civilian truck also transfered! Which means backpacks in cargo are now transferable (though need to try same thing on normal backpacks).

Now the downside, in 'second service' mission, I got a medic, which had backpack, though it didn't transfer and in 'ammo low' mission, that medic was without that backpack.

So, I figured out the way to transfer that medic's backpack, just need him to enter a truck and drop it there :)

Smells like I'll have to replay whole campaign again ;)

Oh I wish civilians could pick up the backpacks, because in mission 'crossroads', there are 4 live running spetsnaz back paks :D

load them up to ural and viola, in 'ammo low' mission, my medic could have spetsnaz backpack with RPK-74...

Edited by Gedis

Congratz to the awesome work done on CWR! Is there a way to use only the soldier units seperately like with islands...so I have unit models and islands in a vanilla game without weapons and stuff? Or theyre fixed to the mod, weapons etc?

If you would like to use the units with other weaponry than that defined in the config the solution is easy. In the init field of any CWR2 unit placed in the editor add statements to remove the default loadout with a removeAllWeapons this; statement and then use this addmagazine "<classname>"; and this addweapon "<classname>"; statements to add the weapons and ammo of choice. So if you want to reequip a unit with for instance a default Arma II DMR and a Javelin you would put in the init field:

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_DMR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_DMR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_DMR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_DMR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_DMR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_DMR"; this addmagazine "Javelin"; this addweapon "DMR"; this addweapon "Javelin";

Regards,

Sander

Yes I know about this way....what I meant was if I can use only certain pbos from the mod so I have only soldier unit models in the game without menu, weapons, vehicles and other stuff...like they released the how to for islands. But thx anyway. :)

Copy files from zip/rar file into your main arma 2 directory to look like this:

@IVD\Addons\InstantViewDistance_noPvP.pbo

@IVD\Addons\InstantViewDistance_noPvP.pbo.IVD_RG.bisign

Keys\IVD_RG.bikey

(Optional: Expansions\Keys\IVD_RG.bikey)

UserConfig\IVD\IVD_config.hpp

In "IVD_config.hpp" you can set values you prefer, its all commented.

Yes I know about this way....what I meant was if I can use only certain pbos from the mod so I have only soldier unit models in the game without menu, weapons, vehicles and other stuff...like they released the how to for islands. But thx anyway. :)

The islands are our only stand alone releases. Nothing else is meant to be used without the rest of the mod.