Page 18 of 82 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki View Post
    Now, just waiting for CWC camp - I really prefer playing high tech army.
    I don't think you have very long to wait. Hang in there! We're working on the last mission now, and Pete has finished all the cutscenes.

Note that CWC was tested without any of the new "nightly" config changes...

Quote Originally Posted by SaOk View Post
    Resistance campaign was updated. Other reported issues arent yet fixed and not yet transfering backpacks. I hope to have bigger update on next week.

Change Log:
    1.04:
    -Added German stringtables (thanks to the translator)
    -One mission ending fixed
    -Some more variation in enemy soldiers

Edit: Link in the first post.
    Sweet, I'm just waiting for the backpack fixes:
    • transfering
    • loading backpacks to vehicles
    • backpack fixes for medics(maybe for civilians too)

Quote Originally Posted by OMAC View Post
    Note that CWC was tested without any of the new "nightly" config changes...
    you should test CWC with latest fixes, unless you want to have some rest and transfer this job to comunity
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lle View Post
    Edit: The RPK-74 issue is fixed in this weapon config
    Just updated the campaign to 1.04 and weapon config, I'll test it
    Last edited by Gedis; Apr 11 2013 at 07:05.
    !!! Watch This !!!
    Lithuanian stand against soviet/russian occupation force in 1991 01 13(bloody & patriotic day)

████████████████████████████████████████████████
    I'm proud to be Lithuanian!

Visible bright tress/foliage through NVG in the woods between Lany and Lipany coordinates: If68 Sat27July1985 0100Hour. Is it possible to reduce the pistol mags for AI down to 1-2 or fix the everlasting BIS "AI can't switch back from pistols/handguns" bug?

As said previously, I overwritten campaign and other pbos from nightly, but i pressed the diagnose button on 'play with six'.
    I didn't see that anything was updated, but then I started to play and noticed, it did backwards update... so I had to reupdate by hand again and restart 'second service' mission...

and after such frustration, WOW, weapons DID transfer to 'ammo low' mission (though it took a while to move all that gear from fia truck to civilian one, in which we are suppose to get in and drive off to the new base in mountains) and transfered even from 'crossroads' mission!

Another BIG surprise for me was the beggining of 'ammo low' mission, where I got 2 more guys, and 1 of them was a marksman with camo SVD (EPIC!) another one was a sniper with ghilie suit armed with CZ550 sniper rifle (legendary, but not so epic).
    So, I started reequiping my guys with APSes, binoculars, NVGs, RPGs, AKSes, because I now have a $h!tload of weapons and ammo... but then I ran out of time and convoy moved elsewhere, so I fully reverted that mission and another surprise came, It turns out, that those 2 guys are randomly given, they are different each time revert is done, so I'll do constant revert until that camo SVD will be in my hands!

Now another great thing, the DSHK from 'second service' mission which I dismantaled to backpacks and placed to that civilian truck also transfered! Which means backpacks in cargo are now transferable (though need to try same thing on normal backpacks).
    Now the downside, in 'second service' mission, I got a medic, which had backpack, though it didn't transfer and in 'ammo low' mission, that medic was without that backpack.
    So, I figured out the way to transfer that medic's backpack, just need him to enter a truck and drop it there
    Smells like I'll have to replay whole campaign again

Oh I wish civilians could pick up the backpacks, because in mission 'crossroads', there are 4 live running spetsnaz back paks
    load them up to ural and viola, in 'ammo low' mission, my medic could have spetsnaz backpack with RPK-74...
    Last edited by Gedis; Apr 11 2013 at 11:31.

Congratz to the awesome work done on CWR! Is there a way to use only the soldier units seperately like with islands...so I have unit models and islands in a vanilla game without weapons and stuff? Or theyre fixed to the mod, weapons etc?

If you would like to use the units with other weaponry than that defined in the config the solution is easy. In the init field of any CWR2 unit placed in the editor add statements to remove the default loadout with a removeAllWeapons this; statement and then use this addmagazine "<classname>"; and this addweapon "<classname>"; statements to add the weapons and ammo of choice. So if you want to reequip a unit with for instance a default Arma II DMR and a Javelin you would put in the init field:

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_DMR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_DMR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_DMR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_DMR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_DMR"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_762x51_DMR"; this addmagazine "Javelin"; this addweapon "DMR"; this addweapon "Javelin";

Regards,

Sander

Yes I know about this way....what I meant was if I can use only certain pbos from the mod so I have only soldier unit models in the game without menu, weapons, vehicles and other stuff...like they released the how to for islands. But thx anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kornuit View Post
    Thanks for the tip, unfortunately I can't get it to work. Can you give me a more precise description of which files to put where?

And thanks for the explanation Wolle and Sander, I get your point. (Please don't get mad if I still want to experience the islands in their full glory, they are just so pretty :P)
    Copy files from zip/rar file into your main arma 2 directory to look like this:
    @IVD\Addons\InstantViewDistance_noPvP.pbo
    @IVD\Addons\InstantViewDistance_noPvP.pbo.IVD_RG.b isign
    Keys\IVD_RG.bikey
    (Optional: Expansions\Keys\IVD_RG.bikey)
    UserConfig\IVD\IVD_config.hpp

In "IVD_config.hpp" you can set values you prefer, its all commented.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic72 View Post
    Yes I know about this way....what I meant was if I can use only certain pbos from the mod so I have only soldier unit models in the game without menu, weapons, vehicles and other stuff...like they released the how to for islands. But thx anyway.
    The islands are our only stand alone releases. Nothing else is meant to be used without the rest of the mod.

My inbox is fill and won't be emptied. If your PM is regarding requests to use my work, unfortunately I choose not to grant such permission. My work is for use with CWR2 only.

Suspended Member
    Author of the Thread

It took way longer than expected (thanks to my stupid ISP) but here we are:

CWR² Beta R2

CWR² Resistance v1.05

CWR² Cold War Crisis v1.0

I want to thank especially van Knudenberg and OMAC, without them spending hours and hours of their life, the Cold War Crisis campaign would be a lot more crappy than it (hopefully not) is.
    Last edited by W0lle; Apr 11 2013 at 22:03.

Page 18 of 82 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast