Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

cwr2_banner_beta.jpg

Alright here is the CWR² Public Beta for you to play with - and hopefully for testing as well!

This Beta version is more or less a final release, which gets at least a monthly update. For those who are interested in getting the latest fixes and help us testing, you can find 'nightly' builds here.

For those who prefer to have complete packages, we may provide one Beta Release per month which then contains all previous bug fixes.

Besides the content from the previous Demos it contains the following:

* Bicycle

* BRDM-2 (thanks hcpookie)

* General Guba, Angelina (thanks LODU)

* M2A2 Bradley

* Mini (Retextured Lada)

* Colonel Guba (Officer with blue Beret) - used in Resistance campaign

* Motorcycle

* New AT Launcher Magazines "cwr2_CarlGustavRocket_DP", "cwr2_AT4Rocket_DP", "cwr2_LawRocket_DP", "cwr2_RPG75Rocket_DP", "cwr2_RPG7Rocket_DP"

* OH-58

* Russian Patrol Boat (thanks hcpookie)

* Sports Car (aka Hatchback and Sedan)

This release is dedicated to James 'Planck' McNicoll.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important if you have the previously released Demo and/or standalone Islands:

As before, this is a complete new package! Please make sure you have removed all previously installed CWR² Mod folders!

All of the previously released files are no more required or horribly outdated.

Everything you need to play is in below Downloads.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note: Both ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead (Combined Operations) is required!

Install Instructions:

1) Remove all previous Demo 4 content (if present)

2) Remove all previous SP/MP Missions and the Demo campaign

3) Download and install CWR² Public Beta

4) Download and install the optional content if wanted

See the included readme files in the CWR² Documentation folder for install instructions.

These files also contains important informations for mission designers, e.g. class names.

There should be no questions when copying the files. If there are any, confirm and overwrite the old files.

The easiest way to install and keep CWR² up to date is using either Play withSix, or our Play CWR² with Six client.

It's an Updater, Launcher and Server-browser for the CWR² Modification using Play withSix. Just launch it, click on Play (or Update) and join a server running the CWR² Mod you like.

To use the launcher, just copy/extract the included "Play CWR2 withSIX.exe" on your Desktop, ArmA2 installation folder or wherever you like to have it.

Play withSix Client

Read this:

You are NOT allowed to port this Mod (or parts of it) to Arma 3!

We do not make exceptions, so don't even bother to ask!

Download Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta R5:

CWR² Beta R5 @ arma2.fr

Download Cold War Rearmed² - Missions and Campaigns:

CWR² SP/MP Missions

CWR² Resistance v1.06

CWR² Cold War Crisis v1.09

Optional Content

Download Cold War Rearmed² - Canard Island:

Cold War Rearmed² - Canard Island @ arma2.fr

Cold War Rearmed² - Canard Island @ CFr-ArmA.net

Cold War Rearmed² - Canard Island @ Armaholic.com

Download Cold War Rearmed² - British Armed Forces:

Cold War Rearmed² - British Armed Forces @arma2.fr

Cold War Rearmed² - British Armed Forces @CFr-ArmA.net

Cold War Rearmed² - British Armed Forces @Armaholic.com

Cold War Rearmed² - British Armed Forces @ArmA2Base.de

Download Cold War Rearmed² - Royal Netherlands Army:

Cold War Rearmed² - Royal Netherlands Army @arma2.fr

Cold War Rearmed² - Royal Netherlands Army @CFr-ArmA.net

Cold War Rearmed² - Royal Netherlands Army @Armaholic.com

Cold War Rearmed² - Royal Netherlands Army @ArmA2Base.de

Download Cold War Rearmed² - Drachenfels Island:

CWR² - Drachenfels Island @ arma2.fr

CWR² - Drachenfels Island @ armaholic.com

CWR² - Drachenfels Island @ arma2base.de

Thanks for the mirrors!

Please do not mirror the Missions or Campaign files as they change quite often!

Mission creators:

Give Mikeros cwr2ofp a try when editing/converting old OFP missions. It could save you a lot of headache trying to find the correct replacement classname!

See also:

CWR² Coop pack by Sander

VanhA's CWR² COOP Pack

How to use our islands without the Mod:

Copy the below files from the CWR² Demo into a new Modfolder, e.g. cwr2_islands:

cwr2_abel.pbo (Malden)

cwr2_abel_data.pbo (Malden)

cwr2_buildings.pbo

cwr2_buildings_config.pbo

cwr2_cain.pbo (Kolgujev)

cwr2_cain_data.pbo (Kolgujev)

cwr2_config.pbo

cwr2_data3d.pbo

cwr2_eden.pbo (Everon)

cwr2_eden_data.pbo (Everon)

cwr2_furniture.pbo

cwr2_intro.pbo (Desert Island)

cwr2_intro_data.pbo (Desert Island)

cwr2_misc.pbo

cwr2_noe.pbo (Nogova)

cwr2_noe_data.pbo (Nogova)

cwr2_noe_buildings.pbo

cwr2_noe_roads.pbo

cwr2_plants.pbo

cwr2_roads.pbo

cwr2_rocks.pbo

cwr2_signs.pbo

If you encounter bugs or issues, please report them at our Community Bugtracker, here in the thread or by PM or email at :

bugs.png

Finally, a huge thanks to the team, our donators and supporters. Your hard work and kind donations are really appreciated. Without you we wouldn't be able to master this giant task.

Edited by Max Power
increased visibilityof campaigns and missions
  • Like 1

Hahaha, you guys. <3

I have a question. I do recall there were some missions that used the expansions as well as a recent one that used a recently converted island (I think it was a steal the car mission). Are those still in these links?

They should be there yes, not the UK/NL missions though because they belong into the respective Expansion packages.

If you miss something that was there before but now isn't : Complain and we get it back asap. :)

Congrats & many thanks chaps.

Currently cannot connect for 'Demo 4 Missions and Campaigns' however I downloaded thr mod from there so im sure its just momentary :)

Edited by Jeza

Currently cannot connect for 'Demo 4 Missions and Campaigns' :)
Which link?

Which link?

Neither now....all is good :)

Yeah, looks like the two missions in an earlier UK expansion pack are no longer in the expansion download. Rolling Thunder UK and Strikehold UK. I can understand it not being in the main download, but why is it omitted in the UK download? Something wrong with those missions? o:

EDIT: Encountered my first bug. In the opening mission for Resistance, if you take the bike and go to the gas station, you are...teleported to a stranded island with pigs. You can simply wait for the bus, but I've literally never done that in any playthrough until this one. Nothing too major I guess, as you can still progress another way.

Edited by Foffy

Congrats. Thanks W0lle and team for your work. :)

EDIT: Encountered my first bug. In the opening mission for Resistance, if you take the bike and go to the gas station, you are...teleported to a stranded island with pigs. You can simply wait for the bus, but I've literally never done that in any playthrough until this one. Nothing too major I guess, as you can still progress another way.

I just played that part two days ago and it was working. I went to the gas station following the main road (driving straight from the bus stop, not turning right; which should work too). I will check it.

so eager to play the CWC campaign!

CWR² Cold War Crisis - coming soon

AAaaahhh!!! *curls back into fetal position*

edit: lol @ "Delayed Deliverance"

Edited by andersson

W0lle, Binkowski, great work, and thanks for this project, your work added so much value to Arma 2.

Great release guys, thanks for all your hard work :)

Nice one, thanks for this :)

Will this be on the Six Network anytime soon, as ideally I'll get it from there so that it only has to download the changed parts of the files but if it's not going on there I'll download from the links?

I knew it! It was aprils fools! You basterds... you released it the day after! :D Well, since you specially tricked me twice? and still released it, no hanging or banning is needed anymore, well done!

Sorry for beeing rude, but I just can't deal with people who lie, so I kinda try to fence off by a wall, untill I understand the actions/words and only then let people in. Though, the wall was breached, by the experienced "liers" (don't get me wrong, I let my self to be tricked!)

So, thank you for your hard work, for tricking me (I can't believe I just said that), next time I'll have barded wire on the wall... :)

Can't wait to get it downloaded, and jump into the "astonishing memories of life"!

Edited by Gedis

It still did technically release on April 1st, you know. I don't think they lied as there was an uploading snaffu. For a 2+ GB mod, that's a pretty hard think to keep all orderly sometimes.

AAaaahhh!!! *curls back into fetal position*

Yes I must say that CWC not included is a bit disappointing but we decided to hold it back until the last few missions are tested and the missing cutscenes are improved. Since some of the not done cutscenes are at the very beginning, you would then never see them without playing the campaign again. We work on it as fast as we can and I hope we can have it ready at latest this weekend.

edit: lol @ "Delayed Deliverance"

;)

Six Network - I'm on that now.

so, a few things:

-in the documentations usa, there is not the classname of the oh-58

-some choppers don't have crosshair (eg: the OH-58D) or some have the same crosshaire, whatever weapon is selected (eg:AH-1)

-some vehicles are very hard to destroy

-the tires are invicibles on vehicles

-the picture overview of SP mission ground attack 2 is an AH-64D Longbow, whereas in game it's an AH-64C without the longbow

Edited by Wiki

I get a Data Error (cyclic redundancy check) when I try and start it up, with no other mods running, just ArmA2:CO

-in the documentations usa, there is not the classname of the oh-58

Added now. Classname is: cwr2_OH58

-some choppers don't have crosshair (eg: the OH-58D) or some have the same crosshaire, whatever weapon is selected (eg:AH-1)

OH-58 has crosshairs here. In fact, all helicopters with rocket pods have a crosshair visible.

-some vehicles are very hard to destroy

Well it would help if you would name them. :p

-the tires are invicibles on vehicles

Correct, some of the civilian cars still have no destroyable wheels.

-the picture overview of SP mission ground attack 2 is an AH-64D Longbow, whereas in game it's an AH-64C without the longbow

Sigh, okay I make a new one.

Done. :)

I get a Data Error (cyclic redundancy check) when I try and start it up, with no other mods running, just ArmA2:CO

Are you sure you have removed all previous CWR² Demo 4 content? Or maybe a corrupt download?

I have never heard of that error before in all the years, so not sure what could cause it.

Edited by W0lle

sorry W0lle, I just tried the OH-58 in editor, and there is really no crosshair... (I was the pilot and used manual fire)

Thanks for this CWR team, downloading now and going to spend my evening playing Resistance :)