Footsteps, gear and some ambient sounds for Alpha version.
How to install:
1. Set your speakers / headsets volume to the "normal" volume you use to play other games or listen to music. That should be around 40-60%.
2. Edit you audio settings, make sure the "sound effects" volume is close to default value, somewhere around 80%.
3. Install the mod like any other mod, copy the "@AlphaSound" folder in ArmA 3 folder (mine is "G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3").
4. Click on ArmA game properties on Steam and add this to the command line (startup parameters): " -mod=@AlphaSounds;", then launch the game. Or you can start Steam in background then create a shortcut to ArmA3.exe where you can add that to the start command line.
5. Enter the game, tune up the sounds, you need to hear the ambient "buzz" as a "natural" background noise, not disturbing, not the wind, barely hearable, until you have the feeling of space "depth".
For server side you need to use PlayWithSix (check for the last version)
Download AlphaSounds 1.04
- footsteps and gear adapted to the new Alpha version (+0.60);