Sign in to follow this  
HunterUK

Anti-Cheat program For Arma 3

Hi Guys,

Having 9 years experience in Working with Anti-cheat programs, you quite honestly say nothing is safe nor 100%. well your correct, you can only carry out preventive security measures when you admin your servers and have constant updating from the Anti Cheat Program. Other back doors that also causes or encourages cheats and hacking is the private community made maps etc, which if not controlled and checked properly by the ACP do'nt help either!. Vac is a waste of time as this has been bypassed long ago as it do'nt detect private cheats or hacks!!.

At the moment in what I know an Arma 3 hack came out on the 25/03/2013 and has been used and viewed by at least 632 people and it is one you have pay, day light robbery he If I say so !!.

So I would look at Battleye being brought back and give sebastian more help and info so that more updates can be brought out asap, but this depends on what Sebastian says from Battleye !.

I dont know if HunterUK above has the answer but the hacking problem is crippling Arma3.

Seriously, trying to find a non-hacked server is a fucking chore.

I dont know if HunterUK above has the answer but the hacking problem is crippling Arma3.

Seriously, trying to find a non-hacked server is a fucking chore.

Iam sorry to say but as I have stated there is a couple of cheat sites that are already making big bucks out of Arma 3, and unfortunatly its nothing new in the gaming world. My own opinion is that Arma 3 should'nt of gone through with steam Vac. Bohemia should of saved there money and gone to a different ACP group were these people know what they doing and the Clients who use the Acp get regular updates for the Arma 3 & community based add ons which should be checked strongly.

An how are we supposed to recruit and build a clan an player base if we have to keep server locked/pw'd an when unlocked admins are on pins an needles an have no recourse to protect a server there spending money to run. Just hope we see BE/Rcon sooner than later.

Your right there Call m8, something has to dramatically change soon for the sake of Community and game.

I thought that they were still going with BattlEye, it's just not implemented right now.

Umm don't mean to derail your through train on this but there's something you should know.

There is NO anti hack software in place for Arma 3 right now. That means the game is not protected in anyway shape or form. The game does not and will not use VAC. They will be sticking with BbattleEye which has been doing a great job for years. Anyone who says it should use *insert random anti cheat here* Don't understand what is required for anti hacks in arma series. The game is based upon full unrestricted access via scripts and editing. you can't just remove that feature. Hacks and scripts need to be filtered out methodically in a way that battleeye has been able to do. There is also the great FADE where illegal copies degrade.

Use the search, this has been discussed many times before.

Give it time, there is no need for an anti hack during the alpha test phase. Implementing one now would cause more issues than it would solve due to the constantly changing game code.

Please do not make new threads before you have searched the forums. By doing so you may have found numerous other threads which were locked already with the same message.

This alpha release is without the anti-cheat protections which will follow in later releases, no need to panic just yet.

If you must discuss this check out this thread. It remains open and is parallel to your subject: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145039-Please-drop-battleye-for-arma-3&p=2327675#post2327675