Sign in to follow this  
imrevned

New update, worse FPS?

Is it just me, or are you guys getting lower FPS now? And I am experiencing major mouse delay (while at 40 FPS).

Not complaining or whining as I know this is alpha and stuff like this is to be expected, but I am wondering if it's a known problem or just something on my end.

EDIT:

Okay, I discovered that I actually did get quite an FPS boost, but I have mouse delay now.

EDIT 2:

I followed the fix that Fuse linked, and I changed post-process to "Normal", everything feels much smoother now ^_^

Edited by imrevned

It's the other way around for me, I'm getting a massive fps boost since the last update. Almost as if I'm in the editor with absolutely no AI/scripts while I'm on 40-60 player servers.

The latest Dev version runs much smoother for me. Mp is pretty Enjoyable As well.

Mine is running much better, went from 30fps to 60fps.

Still crashing at lease once every mp mission round

I would say that FPS changes are minimal but that the game is smoother now.

When I first got into the game I did experience some weird mouse lag that made me think my FPS had gone down. Then I alt-tabbed out and back in and it was fine for some reason, and FPS seemed higher.

My game crashes way way more than it did before. I have been trying to get to grips with wasteland maps but I am just sick of the crashes that make my mouse disappear until I use the keyboard to terminate arma3.exe

I am probably just going to wait for a few more updates before trying to really give the game more of my time.

Hmm.. I wonder why it seems like I am the only one getting negative performance :/

Probably cause my AMD graphics card ;_;

I got an HD 5770 and I never had this many crashes on the previous version. Although it might have something to do with the wasteland mission I have been trying to get to grips with. With arma 1 I limited myself to Evolution Blue missions because the other ones were just confusing and I had no idea what the point was or anything. This time on A3 I want to at least give them a try and see if I can figure out the purpose. SO there may be a connection with the crashes and the fact that I have been doing nothing other than going into wasteland servers.

I crashed a lot before, so I am used to that, but I now have major mouse delay. It is impossible to play (well, I can play, I just can't shoot someone).

I get about 1000 more FPS. Since benchmarks are apparently avoided like the plague by posters here then you just have to take my word for it.

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

I crashed a lot before, so I am used to that, but I now have major mouse delay. It is impossible to play (well, I can play, I just can't shoot someone).

See if this helps.

Just got a small update, noon est.

It's solving the server crash issue, thanks for your quick fix Bis!

Crash related to grenade throwing fixed

Weapon visual and audio synchronization improved

Dedicated Server countdown fixed

Edit: Prof was too fast :)

Still crappy fps...i edit the map go to marina bay and 33fps to 44 in some places...

so what we do update the alpha normal or the dev branch ?

I get about 1000 more FPS. Since benchmarks are apparently avoided like the plague by posters here then you just have to take my word for it.

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

See if this helps.

I just did a test, I uninstalled all of my graphics drivers and hopped into editor and spawned in Agia Marina. My FPS was 50-70 while in the city (much better), yet I still had the mouse delay. It felt like when you put v-sync on in Valve games, if you are familiar with that delay (I don't have v-sync or mouse smoothing enabled in Arma 3).

I will try the link you sent me, thanks!

I just did a test, I uninstalled all of my graphics drivers and hopped into editor and spawned in Agia Marina. My FPS was 50-70 while in the city (much better), yet I still had the mouse delay. It felt like when you put v-sync on in Valve games, if you are familiar with that delay (I don't have v-sync or mouse smoothing enabled in Arma 3).

I will try the link you sent me, thanks!

i have VSYNC ON what settings are you running mate ? i mean graphic settings

i have VSYNC ON what settings are you running mate ? i mean graphic settings

Very High/Ultra. When I change the settings to low, it doesn't help :(

About to try the fix that Fuse posted.

Very High/Ultra. When I change the settings to low, it doesn't help :(

About to try the fix that Fuse posted.

same lowering doesnt help, will search for that fix

Just to clarify, lowering the settings did increase my FPS a lot, but not the mouse lag.

The fix and lowering the post-process got rid of the lag, or at least made it feel a lot more accurate.

Radeon 5870 here too like another, I have been on the dev channel for most of Alpha so far, latest update that was pushed to 'Stable' channel has better FPS but when I run forward or drive I notice it stutters a bit.