Sign in to follow this  
lordprimate

SweetFX in Arma 3

I noticed with Arma 2 and the last version of SweetFX I had, and with the new version of SweetFX, when I try to record with sweetFX running, None of the SweetFX get recorded into my video.. Its all default BIS/ARMA colors..

Does anyone know how to fix that? It would be stellar to be able to record the sweetFX..

I noticed with Arma 2 and the last version of SweetFX I had, and with the new version of SweetFX, when I try to record with sweetFX running, None of the SweetFX get recorded into my video.. Its all default BIS/ARMA colors..

Does anyone know how to fix that? It would be stellar to be able to record the sweetFX..

Some programs do, some programs don't. Steam records screenshots without sweetfx, but fraps records it with. Experiment a little.

yes theyre changed - i toned them down I tried to make the difference only subtle - wanted to get rid of the greenish vanilla teint - and even these are a bit too sharp in the far distance for my tastes.

of course I can provide the settings - its a pleasure:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/url6x9

tremanarch, are these last shots still recorded with the above setting?

It appears to me, you have added a slight color correction (which i like).

Just have to say - SweetFX increases the visual quality so so much! It needs to be spread!

I got so great benefits by it.

Thanks tremanarch by the way, for providing that first setting of yours. :)

And showing all these screenshots, which caught my attention. :p

What systems you guys are running the game on?

I think I need a great GPU for it!?

More people need to try this out!

Bump

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

What systems you guys are running the game on?

I think I need a great GPU for it!?

Ive got a I5 2500k and a radeon HD5850pro with 8gig ram on Win7.

A friend of mine is running Arma3 on a low tech system and it still runs!

I can only recommend you buying the alpha - its a really great deal since you basically get the final game for a third of its price + you are able to participate in its development!

Greetings!

2500k @ 4.5 ghz and 560ti

really not expensive :)

and it runs smooth at 40-60 fps ^^ (@ very high with reduced distance)

For me it's really not that much of a performance hit.

I redone my settings only this time I zoomed in to a lot of textures to watch what was going on. Making sure no pixels were bleeding into each other or getting washed out. So that method relied less on my eyes and more to what the pixels were doing.

HERE is the photo's including my in-game settings and HERE is my SweetFX settings if someone wants to try them. Just be sure to match at least the in-game brightness, gamma and hdr settings to match up.

ETA: Updated settings with just a bit of vibrancy added.

Edited by SIMJEDI

since the texture and angle are different, i don't see how that can be an accurate comparison.

from what i can tell, sweetfx makes it look more like dusk, while the original(presumably taken using same weather and time setting), looks more like dawn.

RadonPro was recently updated silently

(I found several bugs in it so author fixed them e.g. SMAA floating point values support for custom settings and negative lod values etc.)

also support for SweetFX 1.4 was added

since the texture and angle are different, i don't see how that can be an accurate comparison.

yes. the basic problem with these pimp-my-color-contrast-whatever-programs are the hundrets of different weather and lighting conditions in arma3. I am using the ingame gamma and brightness sliders only.

If you want more "comparison shots":

Just on page 4.

All screenshots are with midtex (sharp2 by bad benson) on and from the exact some angle/time.

My SweetFX originated of tremanarch settings and got edited in several hours of work.

And so since it was "work" you will not share?:butbut:

Oh I see I already tried your settings but did not look like in your pics.Seemed too vibrant but it could be on my side.Gonna try again and see if I can tweak my settings as I do have some weird brightness and contrast settings going.Thank you.

EDIT......retried your settings and its superb!!!Thanks a bunch for this Predator as I had a hand at it and it wasn't purty.

Edited by Wolfstriked

It looks amazing but unfortunately the FPS impact is, Im afraid, not worth it:confused:. I get 70-73 FPS in Agia Marina with an empty map and with SweetFX I get 60 FPS.

I might use it in the future if the game gets optimized by BIS.