Sign in to follow this  
bad benson

pop up targets

this is an addon i made for a friend who requested it due to the lack of targets in the arma 3 alpha. it's based on the arma 1 target from the sample models. i replaced the model and textures with my own for more versions and used a slightly modified version of BI's old pop up script.

credits:

BI: some models and textures and config/model.cfg + base for pop up script

Bad Benson: models and textures

Blackwater: for making me do this

here's picture that shows where you find them.

http://i.cubeupload.com/XNZcyV.jpg

download->http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19755&highlight=BENSON%2BPOP%2BUP

screens:

http://i.cubeupload.com/1AuxcO.jpg

Edited by Bad Benson

I f'n love you man.

Is there a way I can integrate this straight into my mission file so others don't have to run the mod?

The Alpha has really been missing some targets so far! Thanks a lot for making them Benson! :)

Have you planned to create more types?

saves me from making some, was gonna make some tonight actually. awesome and congrats on the release :)

Now someone has to make a proper open-source mission both CQB and range type. Something that we can just drop weapon crates into to try/test out new custom weapons.

There's no denying it Bad Benson...you are a badass!

Thanks.

btw i was bored and ported those arma1 targets just for fun

yea i kinda rushed this out to give my friend something to work with. i'm gonna add the arma 1 targets to the mix today. if you have more versions feel free to PM me. i'll gladly add them to the pack.

New to the series, so sorry for the noob question...but where will these show up if I want to put them in a mission? Under objects somewhere?

Thanks alot for these Benson! Between your texture pack and these targets your really helping spruce up the Alpha!

Question: What is the animate command? Meaning, I'd like to create a shooting gallery like effect where the pop-up springs up when the player is in certain vicinity.

Edited by froggyluv

_target animate["terc",0];

replace the 0 with a 1 to get the opposite effect. i'm going to add a demo mission with exactly what you described in the next update which i'll probably release today.

New to the series, so sorry for the noob question...but where will these show up if I want to put them in a mission? Under objects somewhere?

sorry missed that. here's picture that shows where you find them.

http://i.cubeupload.com/XNZcyV.jpg

UPDATE:

this will be the final version for now. if anyone wants to make new models and have them added to the pack PM me.

this includes the arma 1 target plus two more colour variations of it now. i also added the proper box with the pop up mechanism inside to the other versions. there is a very basic example mission to show people how to set up the targets in general and how to deactivate pop up for CQC ranges where you only want them to pop up when the player is close and then stay down after being shot. have fun!

download->http://www.sendspace.com/file/60z1g9 (link updated...removed dependencies from the mission.sqm)

screens:

http://i.cubeupload.com/1AuxcO.jpg

Edited by Bad Benson

Excellent! Those were exactly the types of targets I was hoping for :o

Thanks a lot again Benson and kudos for including the codes as well!

These work great, really easy to pop into a mission and your sample mission makes understanding the triggers easy!

One question though, when you start the random popup via radio is there a way to start it again or stop it?

One question though, when you start the random popup via radio is there a way to start it again or stop it?

of course there is. but i think this kind of support exceeds the purpose of this topic. the mission was just a kick starter to give you the basic tools. anyways, i'll make an exception.

what you could do is the following.

inside the random_pop.sqf there is a line something like this:

0 = [_Tarray,_delay] execVM "random_pop.sqf";

this is what keeps the cycle running. so by putting a condition in front of it you can stop it. so for example you could add a variable that you check there. like training = true...

so your random_pop.sqf could look like this:

_Tarray = _this select 0;

_delay = _this select 1;

{

_x setvariable ["nopop", true, true];

_x animate ["terc",1];

} foreach _Tarray;

_target = _Tarray select random floor count _Tarray;

_target animate["terc",0];

sleep _delay;

if (_target animationPhase "terc" == 0) then {_target animate["terc",1];};

if !(training) then

{

{_x animate["terc",0];} foreach _Tarray;

} else

{

0 = [_Tarray,_delay] execVM "random_pop.sqf";

};

the green part isn't really needed. it just sets all targets back in the up position to give a visual feedback that the training stopped.

and in the "start training" trigger ON ACT line would look like this:

training = true;

0 = [[t3,t4,t5,t6,t7,t8],4] execVM "random_pop.sqf";

and you would need a new trigger "stop training" with this in the ON ACT line:

training = false;

none of this is tested but it should work.

I am aware you have posted a final version. But I have never seen Full size standing targets and prone targets are only in ACE, just a idea.

yea i was planning that but i'm way to busy with other projects at the moment. i'll try to not forget that idea for when i'll have time again ;)