Arma 3 - Insurgency on Stratis

INSURGENCY ON STRATIS

COOPERATIVE MISSION

insurgencys.jpg

VERSION 1.50

GAMEMODES: SP/COOP/TVT

MAXIMUM PLAYERS: 37

GAMEPLAY:

This is insurgency mission: BLUFOR must find and destroy all insurgents caches.

Here is no briefcases with data about caches. The only way to fast find cache - interrogate field commander or any other commander of insurgents group. If you kill them, then you don't get any information about caches.

FEATURES:

BLUFOR:

Transport:

This feature allowed only for BLUFOR. It allow request transport for moving to any position on the map.

If you will close to the base, then transport will wait you at start position.

If you will far from base, then transport will move to your current position, pick you up, and move to the selected position.

Evac:

This feature allowed only for BLUFOR. It allow request transport for picking you up from any position on the map.

ATTENTION: Transport waits only one player, which requested this transport.

So here is exist one rule: player who requested transport must go into it after all another players.

All requests work via support menu (0-8)

Rally point:

This feature is only available to squad leaders of U.S. Army.

This feature allow deploy rally point, which give an opportunity for all soldiers of squad to move to this rally point from the base.

Move to the point of collection is carried out with the mobile HQ on U.S. Army base.

Intelligence:

Each cache guarded by field commander, who has information about the other caches.

In order to obtain the necessary intelligence he must be interrogated.

Interrogation is possible only if the field commander was wounded and taken as prisoner.

Edited by DAP

can you add 3 or 4 opfor who can plant ied/explosive?

can you add 3 or 4 opfor who can plant ied/explosive?

You mean players? :) Actually IEDs already randomly placed on the roads, so be carefull while driving your Hunter :)

Just curious. How do you find the first commander? Are there random commanders around the map, like enemy groups in "occupation 1.5"?

Just curious. How do you find the first commander? Are there random commanders around the map, like enemy groups in "occupation 1.5"?

In this mission you can find two types of insurgents groups. First type - bigger group. Their task - defend the cache. Those groups are led by field commanders. Second type of groups - small groups, which holding different points on map (villages, bays, sometimes you can find them in forest). Those groups are led by lieutenants. You can capture and interrogate both of them (field commander and lieutenant). But only field commander guaranteed has the information about other caches. Field commanders and lieutenants well trained and equipped better than other insurgents. Also is very important to properly organize the reconnaissance. Without reconnaissance BLUFOR are blind and they will wasting their time for trying to find cache.

Edited by DAP

Why is this coop only, kind of removes all the magic from Insurgency....?

On Startis is not enough buildings for safe spawning of players-insurgents. But, I can add some slots for insurgents :D This is not so hard. It just can cause to ability for kill player-insurgents during spawning. This is not good, as i think.

Is this like the classic insurgency known from ArmA 2?

If so, can you add a few more slots? Let´s say having 40 in total ? I might host and test it then ;)

Is this like the classic insurgency known from ArmA 2?

No, they are absolutely different. No markers on mission start. No briefcases with intel. Only whole Island, where you must find and destroy caches. How you will do this - your choise. If you are squad leader - lead your teammates and communicate with other squad leaders for better efficiency. If you are squad member - follow your leader and his orders. Only teamplay, only hardcore :D Without teamplay and coordination in this mission you will have small chances to win.

If so, can you add a few more slots? Let´s say having 40 in total ? I might host and test it then ;)

40 BLUFOR is too many for Stratis :D They will destroy all caches after 10 minutes of playing :D But I think, that is possible to increase number of slots to 20 or 24, maybe 30 :)

Edited by DAP

No, they are absolutely different. No markers on mission start. No briefcases with intel. Only whole Island, where you must find and destroy caches. How you will do this - your choise. If you are squad leader - lead your teammates and communicate with other squad leaders for better efficiency. If you are squad member - follow your leader and his orders. Only teamplay, only hardcore :D Without teamplay and coordination in this mission you will have small chances to win.

40 BLUFOR is too many for Stratis :D They will destroy all caches after 10 minutes of playing :D But I think, that is possible to increase number of slots to 20 or 24, maybe 30 :)

Balance it for 30 or 40 players ! I´ll test it :D :P

Very nice mission! We have already played it for several days now and really enjoyed it.

I gonna give you some feedback, as we hope this great mission, gonna improve even more.

AI chopper transport system: You have to get used to the handling, but it comes very handy.

-Although quiet often, the chopper will only hover very low above a dropzone, but doesn't land, preventing you to land.

We found this Eject Addon to be very useful

in this case, but maybe you could include it into the mission somehow?

-The AI chopper pilots aren't evaluating the danger on landing or flying over hostile territory. Maybe you could include an

"abort mission" command in the support menu, which let's the AI helo pilot abort his current goal and return to base.

-Maybe it would be possible to give "evac" and "transport" missions different chat/voice messages. Maybe just a "(evac)" "(transport)"

behind the written text message.

Enemy commanders: Too few, a bit too hard to capture.

-Today we could find a single one for a whole match. Maybe it was a bug, we searched every group we killed, very intensive, but not a single one within several hours.

-Clothes: Can't you give them some kind of "civilian" pants/clothes? They look kinda ridiculous in underwear.

-When fighting enemy groups at towns, randomly place the commander in buildings and let them hold there.

-Give them a slightly higher resistence to bullets (if possible). Very often they already die to a single 5.56 bullet.

-Give them a random chance to surrender, if they are the last of their group (very slim), just to add some immersion.

Enemy groups: A few more and more diversity.

-Place a bit more random "small" groups without caches around the map.

-Introduce a parameter for "civilians" in towns without insurgents and agia marina.

-Place some random insurgents mortar squads with a quiet low spawn probability.

-Give some insurgents RPG Launchers with 1-3 missiles and let them use them against enemy

infantry (unprecise).

Squad rally points: Too often available and too powerful.

-Introduce a parameter to disable/enable squad rallies.

-Give squad rallies a "deploy timer" (5-10 minutes), so you can't place them all the time everywhere.

-Introduce a "Rally point is overrun" when enemies are 200-500m near (maybe on a mission parameter?)

HI folks

Firstly i'd like to say well done on a gret mission.

Secondly, I need a bit of help please. we were running the mission and before we realised the AI on the choppers were part of the ai transport system one we shot one of the pilots as we could'nt suss how to get him out. I'm now blocked from getting on my own server lol. Could you give me an idea to where the blocked id's get wrote to so i can sort it please. At first i recieved a 5 min time out and aborted after 2mins. When rejoining the game i get this msg " You are permenantly blocked for breaking the rules of the game"

I've checked to see if iy writes to bans.txt but thats not where it writes so i'm at a loss.

Any help would be very much apreciated.

Edit: It's only this mission this mission that i'm blocked on. I can join any other mission.

Edited by Ganji

UPDATE

Current version: 0.75

Changelog:

• Added: Insurgents camps in forests
  • Added: More vehicles on base
  • Added: More slots for BLUFOR (32)
  • Fixed: Uniform for insurgents (civilian)
  • Fixed: Rallypoint flag

All links updated.

Edited by DAP

Brilliant mission, any chance you could add insurgent convoys that need to be stopped?

Also it'd be cool to add some ambushers who attack when you drive over an IED.

I note the enemy are rarely near building or towns, it'd be cool to have maybe 1 or 2 in towns or villages with some civilians to confuse matters.

Love it though, just played for a few hours with 6 friends!

Thanks for the update!

Could you provide us with screenshots of the "field commander" and the "lieutenants"?

When i first played this mission, i could find a couple of "naked field commander" but haven't seen them ever since.

Can this be played SP with LAN so that I can choose how ever many AI I want playing on my team?

I'd like to try this SP for fun, similar to SaOK's mission.

No help then i take it?

Thanks! I suppose it proves a point...

DAP Thank you for this great mission I've been running version .5 on my clan server -=Blackwater=- and we have been getting tons of traffic. I just updated the server with the new .75 version and I'm very excited to see the changes.

I would like to see a few options if possible 1. Having an option under Parameters to set the skill level of the bad guys 2. Both types of helicopters for player use.

Keep up the great job I look forward to the next version, and the BW server will keep hosting this awesome mission.

Great mission I have played it the last few nights. Is there any way we can get more info out on how the map works? I have noticed a lot of players experiencing confusion on the meaning of the green circles that come up after caches are destroyed. And I'll second the commander recommendations, way to easy to kill and would be nice to see them more challenging to get at.

El_MUERkO, In same mission for A2 was presented convoy with field commander. In A3 this feature will be added, when BIS add some cars with weapon for Independent. I think it will look strange, when Insurgents will use Ifrirt. About civilians: I tried add them, but map with those modules just was hanged. I don't know what exactly broken, but seems it is because of alpha.

Predator.v2, here is typical commander or lieutenant:

arma32013032410193132.th.jpg

But he can wear cap and glasses (or glasses only, or cap only):

arma32013032410190791.th.jpg

As I say before: he is equipped better than other insurgents (He wearing Plate Carrier)

Kommiekat, Yes, this mission can be played in SP. You can recruit your squad in HQ.

Ganji, First - do not kill BLUFOR soldiers on Base. Second - If you try to avoid punishment (trying reconnect to session) you automatically will be banned for this session. This "ban" will be cleared after mission restart.

Silentusc, about helicopters. I think, that one skilled pilot on AH-6 can clear whole Island after 10-30 minutes. Stratis is small island. Maybe when civilians will be added. Then pilot must be much more accurate.

Kommiekat, Yes, this mission can be played in SP. You can recruit your squad in HQ.

Thanks for the mission DAP, I really appreciate your great work.

All of the equipment\recruiting\vehicles etc worked just perfectly.

My only problem so far was in playing in SP mode with the latest dev beta [&& mission in "Missions" folder rather than "MPMissions"] when I wound the field commander I have no option to interegate him. If I decide to heal him, he goes all rambo and starts trying to blow my recruited squad away. Is there the possibility of a bug, or do you think I am doing something wrong?

Cheers mate,

RN

Edited by Rough Knight

El_MUERkO,

Ganji, First - do not kill BLUFOR soldiers on Base. Second - If you try to avoid punishment (trying reconnect to session) you automatically will be banned for this session. This "ban" will be cleared after mission restart.

Thanks Dap it's much apreciated and cheers for the screenie's too as the comander got killed a few times before people knew who he was.

Yeah killing blufor is not something i'd usually do.

Again well done on the mission i liked a lot.

UPDATE

Current version: 0.85

Changelog:

• Fixed: Disarming of captured commander
  • Changed: Increased insurgents skill

All links updated.

Edited by DAP

This is the best insurgency I have played and we at 527th have had hours of fun

Thanks and keep the updates coming

Suggsy

Very nice mission, great updates!

However we have found a significant bug with teamleaders (field commanders, lieutenants).

It seems enemy uniforms aren't probably synced throughout the server.

Just now, we wounded a teamleader and had the option to interrogate him. He looked like a civilian to me,

but two of my teammates swore, the exact same "surrendered" soldier, looked like a default iran rifleman.

Plus sometimes you meet towns full of enemies in civilian outfits.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106806270/GBB%20Files/insurgency/arma3%202013-03-24%2017-57-03-98.png

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106806270/GBB%20Files/insurgency/arma3%202013-03-24%2017-57-12-73.png

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106806270/GBB%20Files/insurgency/arma3%202013-03-24%2017-58-00-80.png

Two more things:

- Could you please place the AI choppers farther apart? Right now, if one chopper is critically damaged, it will

exploded about 1-2 minutes later and critically damage the next chopper. This chain reaction goes on until all

choppers are destroyed at least one time.

- Could you included some useful scripts like "no grenades/explosives in mainbase" and "helmcam"?

(http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=21300&d=0)

- Mission could need some engineers.

- If possible, introduce a parameter with adjustable enemy group sizes "low, normal, big, huge, freakin impossible".

Right now this mission is a bit boring, when you bring several squads and some vehicles to caches.

Edited by Predator.v2