MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

EC4B6E4682AC01B02DEB5BCB6B43B58541D5B652

Current Version: R-19 (04.11.2016)

Under GPL3 License 

wikia.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ34rv8s1o_h49z0o9WjLV

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-xy3IlqTrDhMZyWZwztF

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Mission Control Center or MCC in short is a powerful game mode, tool or mission (depends on how you want to play it) that let the ArmA player complete freedom as a mission maker.

With MCC you can build complected missions the way you wanted in few minutes and save them as a mission file or in your profile to share with friends.

MCC have a dynamic AI system that called GAIA that gives AI more human like tactics while they flank, support and use CAS or artillery.

MCC holds unique mission generator so if you can just push in some variables and MCC will generate a complete random mission set to your play-style and the amount of players and objectives needed.

MCC holds much more as unique: IED, CAS, Evac Helicopters aproch, air drops, 3D editor, persistence database for players levels and achievements and many many more.

About GAIA in MCC
GAIA stands for Greater Artificial Intelligence. Ever since I typed my first 2 lines of MCC code it has been going through my mind. What if the AI did…? Why isn’t this….? …..These and a zillion other questions have haunted me for too long. GAIA is my answer to most of these questions. So, now you know my personal motivation, let’s move on to the system itself. This document tries to focus on the intent of GAIA and the design decisions that have been made. I won't try to explain how all of the code works, but after reading this document you should have a clear understanding of what GAIA stands for, what choices she makes and how she operates.

GAIA can best be seen as a higher level lead organization that is tasked to make all groups work towards (a) common goal(s). GAIA does not improve and tries not to influence the behavior at group level.
So what is it that GAIA wants? The main goal of GAIA is to defend territory.

To do that she makes sure that:
• All assets are used intelligently. Know your units, what can they do, what are their weaknesses.
• Responses to threat are in proportion. Do not send more troops then needed, but also make sure it is enough to deal with the opposing threat.
• Understand the priorities. The closer a threat is to the center of the territory (zone), the higher the priority.

In future versions of GAIA goals will be expanded and might even grow to fully commanding offensive battles.

More about GAIA in MCC and how to use it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56634804/MCC%20GAIA%20V1.0%20Release.pdf

IniDBi:

It is best if you'll download and use IniDBi2 mod on the server for MCC role selection and to keep a persistance players Data Base.
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186131-inidbi2-save-and-load-data-to-the-server-or-your-local-computer-without-databases/

MCC supports BIS Headless Client.

As mentioned above, its a Beta. We realize the product is not perfect, but with your help we will make it perfect. So dont be shy!

How do I use this?
Well once you'll start a mission, any mission you'll have mission generator action in the action menu. Just click it.

Tutorials to MCC 3 (a bit old but it including installation) by ConnorG

Large scale dynamic missions on Jester814 Youtube's channel

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yrd9xhjhfzmmc2/%40mcc_sandbox_a3.rar?dl=0

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - Template mission:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/436ndcbiepq820u/sample%20missions.rar

MCC YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0FkNV1hOicxKYCHZszCKz7ijyxXpKUnw

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Mission Version? why not for arma2 anymore? :-( Did you stop dev. on the arma2 Version?

Wont show up ingame O.o theres no menu for it

Don't forget to use CBA

Don't forget to use CBA

I did use CBA, i found out it didnt extract the files right. (not sure why)

But it works now ;D

Woohoo!! A big thank you for making MCC_Sandbox available for ARMA 3!

Currently I cannot download the PDF manual due : "This file can not be viewed or downloaded because the owner of this file, shay_gman's 50 megabyte bandwidth for today has been exceeded. Please try again tomorrow OR encourage the owner of this file to upgrade." I assume mirrors will be made available at Armaholic soonish!

Thank you very much for informing us about this release :cool:

It is great to see this in Arma 3 now as well.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

PS: if that is ok with you I have combined the mission with the mod in one 7z archive. Let me know if that is not what you want and I remove it :)

Thanks Foxhound, np with the combining thingy :p

Woohoo!! A big thank you for making MCC_Sandbox available for ARMA 3!

Currently I cannot download the PDF manual due : "This file can not be viewed or downloaded because the owner of this file, shay_gman's 50 megabyte bandwidth for today has been exceeded. Please try again tomorrow OR encourage the owner of this file to upgrade." I assume mirrors will be made available at Armaholic soonish!

Yeah it's on bad file sharing site, i'll move it to dropbox.

Aaaaaaaalright :yay: :yay:

Gonna be up on the 88th Blue Devils Dedicated server. Were up sometimes lol :cool:

But will be on alot more with this baby out :yay:

Thanks mate, for someone like me who has a passion for mission making but no longer the time to spend building them b4 playing them with my clan, this is perfect! Spent several hours last nite testing the Arma2 version and its bloody brilliant!

3D mission editor?? WOW nice. I haven't tried it yet but, why did Bohemia say they couldn't officially implement that if you did it? Oh well

PDF link doesn't work and I don't see it in the Addon folder or anything.

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

No menu item shows up for me. It loads fine and shows that it is initializing and also when done but no menu item.

Quick question. I know it has all those features... but can we export missions as well and get a copy of it in our missions folder in .PBO forum. so if we make a base or such? Something similar to the old ARMA Real Time Editor that you could make templates and export missions with.

3D mission editor?? WOW nice. I haven't tried it yet but, why did Bohemia say they couldn't officially implement that if you did it? Oh well

The 3D mission Editor has always been there.

Thanks for the release Shay! and thanks for re-including the mission variant! :)

Edited by Scarecrow398

PDF link doesn't work and I don't see it in the Addon folder or anything.

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

No menu item shows up for me. It loads fine and shows that it is initializing and also when done but no menu item.

Make sure you are runing CBA

Quick question. I know it has all those features... but can we export missions as well and get a copy of it in our missions folder in .PBO forum. so if we make a base or such? Something similar to the old ARMA Real Time Editor that you could make templates and export missions with.

You can save mission or template but it won't save in PBO it will save as MCC load txt. You can load this mission or template via MCC

Hey Shay , TNX once again for the AWESOME job u'r doing for the community !

Just one quick question :

Will you by any chance can upload it to Play With Six ?

Its seems that alot of guys can't make it run without any Launcher... dont know how to create a Shortcut .

Tnx againg and keep up the good work ! ;)