shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Wanted: testers, contributors to the upcoming AI changes (GAIA).

As the AI changes are a major change to MCC, i would like to start testing with people that hold interest in that. GAIA has been successfully implemented in MCC and is now ready for testing rounds. For that we hold a dedicated 10 man server that runs no mods at all. As long as the test continue MCC will be handed out by the server as a mission file (do not distrubute please!).

What is it we go do? Play missions together and evaluate changes. In the best case i would like to have a dedicated testing team for all upcoming changes.

Please contact me by PM. If it is a gaming community that holds interest to help test then please can a representative contact me (and not all :) )

Thanks in advance!

Spirit

Edited by spirit6
typos

For those having issues with respawning naked or respawning with default loadouts as of r18, my group and I discovered our updated BTC Revive scripts were the culprit. I had pulled the updated versions from later in the BTC thread, reverting to the original scripts from the original post fixed our respawning issue. Not sure if this is a cure all but maybe it will help some.

For those having issues with respawning naked or respawning with default loadouts as of r18, my group and I discovered our updated BTC Revive scripts were the culprit. I had pulled the updated versions from later in the BTC thread, reverting to the original scripts from the original post fixed our respawning issue. Not sure if this is a cure all but maybe it will help some.

My group runs Farooq's revive and has BTC disabled. We've been having the occasional respawn with default load out as well.

Just saw this now. I think BIS is doing great work there so maybe the time comes for me to quit MCC.

Edited by shay_gman

Quit? I hope not. Zeus is pretty modular, and you will definitely find a way how to make it even more splendid ;)

Just saw this now. I think BIS is doing great work there so maybe the time comes for me to quit MCC.

I was going to talk About That, ZEUS multiplayer free DLC for Arma 3 is quite the same you did with this modification, they owe you an apologise at least, wtf! you announce this mod and they realese the same official Game Mode.

I should be pissed off really. I was thinking this mod could had been a possible winner of the Make Arma not War Contest.

And now... is not quite clear you have the same choices.

Naaah, not at all. Zeus is a new multiplayer mode. Your utility is useful in all game modes, as well as during the mission-making process. I wouldn't worry, I don't see much if any overlap here. There may even be a way to have them complement one another. Time will tell.

Keep up the good work.

And to anyone hinting that BIS may have "borrowed" the idea from MCC, this concept has been tossed around for years.

Edited by GreenGriffon

Indeed don't start a flame war about whos idea. MCC is bases on VBS and was built in ArmA verse. So all credits goes to BIS. I guess I'll have to give up on my dream for getting some recogintion and maybe even working for BIS as full time job.

The Zeus mod look amazing I must say.

Naaah, not at all. Zeus is a new multiplayer mode. Your utility is useful in all game modes, as well as during the mission-making process. I wouldn't worry, I don't see much if any overlap here. There may even be a way to have them complement one another. Time will tell.

Keep up the good work.

And to anyone hinting that BIS may have "borrowed" the idea from MCC, this concept has been tossed around for years.

Moricky actual came up with the concept 7 years ago, as per this video

Noooooooooooooooo.....

Yep, "GOD" is exactly what I was referring to.

I guess I'll have to give up on my dream for getting some recogintion and maybe even working for BIS as full time job.

The Zeus mod look amazing I must say.

It's WAY too soon to know what ZEUS is or isn't capable of. Don't give up on anything, shay_gman.

Your mod is invaluable and will probably continue to be for a long time.

Indeed, but it was an old code that needed to go absolute long ago.

...but it checks out?

Noo, just discovered MCC and I love it (since I'm a complete dunce).

Zeus seems similar but with a different approach on real-time editing.

Your mod is invaluable and will probably continue to be for a long time.

Totally agree with this.

When i started MCC a long time ago with the Dr Eyeball menu, it was based on 6thsense Battlecentre(idea) :) I havent even heard of this GOD thingy yet. Still i believe that every idea here in the arma world is build on another great masterpiece. Not always in code, but we are all part of the same process.

Personaly, i think that specialy the generator including the AI overhall make the difference(in mcc). The new BIS game mode, i dont really see as new to be honost. The Game Master concept is basicly the whole idea of MCC. Still i think the way it looks, is pretty cool, but gonna check it out one of these days.

And to repeat (i have two possible names so far and must have more, much more! ):

Wanted: testers, contributors to the upcoming AI changes (GAIA).

As the AI changes are a major change to MCC, i would like to start testing with people that hold interest in that. GAIA has been successfully implemented in MCC and is now ready for testing rounds. For that we hold a dedicated 10 man server that runs no mods at all. As long as the test continue MCC will be handed out by the server as a mission file (do not distrubute please!).

What is it we go do? Play missions together and evaluate changes. In the best case i would like to have a dedicated testing team for all upcoming changes.

Please contact me by PM. If it is a gaming community that holds interest to help test then please can a representative contact me (and not all :) )

Thanks in advance!

Spirit

Edited by spirit6

I hope you don't.

The most important things in MCC are the scripts and not the standard Arma functionality like is shown in Zeus. ATM Zeus is a live 3d editor of the 2d editor.

But MCC and even VTS have much more that make it unique.

Actually I hope you can include in Zeus GUI all the functionality you have in MCC and even expanded.

I hope you don't.

Actually I hope you can include in Zeus GUI all the functionality you have in MCC and even expanded.

Agreed. Your contribs to the Arma community are invaluable. Thinking that this could provide you with new tools to make MCC even better - I certainly hope so!

Please, don't even think about it. Zeus looks cool, and the gamemaster concept is the same, but it seems to me it'll be a quite basic stuff compared to MCC.

MCC remains invaluable.

So, this makes me a bit sad. Essentially the _big_ thing they have been working on is a fancier version of MCC. We'll have to see how it is, but I won't be giving up using MCC overnight.

Shay, is much more supportive of bugs and our needs. Having a contact like that in the community, some who cares about quality, and is accessible: that's important to me.

Shay should throw in the ability to choose where lightning strikes just to jab them. As I look at the screenshots, there are also some interface things he could borrow that'd be good "quality of life" features for MCC. Other than that, I don't see anything "special". This "dynamic" crap they are talking about is mostly the AI. I've had plenty of MCC missions go differently than I, the GM, even planned because of how they think.

I know this must feel like a kick in the nuts, but please don't give up Shay.

I just wish they could have spent the time on other things, like new models/vehicles or UAV handling/ai. MCC has bridged 2 versions of arma, and BIS is still using old assets. There really was no reason they needed to try and corner this market.

Lets start a petition to get Shay hired by BIS ^_^

Edited by Incomitatum

@Shay - Mr. Shay_gman your mod is invaluable to all of us so don't even think of not continuing :nono:

When I saw the ZEUS video the first thing I thought was:

OMG...I can not wait to see what Shay_gman can do with this thing!

Dont qui't with MCC Mr. Shay!

We really appreciated your work!

Hi guys, when I try to play the COOP MCC SandboxAltis scenario, I spawn at the airport as usual, but in the middle of crazy fire fight and get killed almost immediately , I have tried restarting the mission with no luck. It used to work fine. Not sure what I did.

There are hundreds of green and blue units when it starts right at the airport.

Thanks in advance