Sign in to follow this  
tomerthehunter

How can i use the Bipod ?

Hey, i got the arma 3 alpha and im trying to use the bipod in some of the weapons but i still didn't get how i use the Bipod? i searched for controls in-game and topics in forums for how to use the bipod in arma 3 and i didn't find anything about it.

So can someone help me how i can use the bipod?

So the developers created and put the bipod in the game, but you can't use it? well its sounds stupid for me...

So the developers created and put the bipod in the game, but you can't use it? well its sounds stupid for me...

Maybe it isn't ready yet.

Arma 1 had weapons with bipods that couldn't be used, like in A2. Sadly.

When ACE3 comes out for Arma3 then you can use shift + space :)

Man, this game got SO much more coming are way. I'm at the edge of my seat ...chair.

It's an alpha - Guess what - Not everything is functional! It's not stupid, you're just being unreasonably impatient.

It'll be in A3 for sure. They just cant be that numb at BIS when they provide actually bi-pod models and implement no use for them :D And I heard that even some dev's are very interested in having this little feature, so we would just have to wait out a biiiiiiiiit more guys ;)

LJ

I prefer the i44 way of resting but each to their own :)

It'll be in A3 for sure. They just cant be that numb at BIS when they provide actually bi-pod models and implement no use for them :D And I heard that even some dev's are very interested in having this little feature, so we would just have to wait out a biiiiiiiiit more guys ;)

LJ

Can the same be said of previous titles with bipods? ;) Yeah I remember Dwarden saying something of the like, but I also remember some Devs passing it off saying it's not a needed feature.

Since a tonne of mods have implemented it, then it would sure be lazy of BIS if they do not.

Considering even Bf3 lets you use a bipod i think it would be foolish not to have that feature in Arma 3.

;2346942']Now now' date=' it would be foolish to even compare ArmA 3 to BF3... :p[/quote']

Oh again :D I think it will be in the game! I just.... well I dont say more, I just say "I THINK it will be in the game" :D

LJ

Wow, some of you guys actually think the bipod will serve a purpose other than purely aesthetical (is that a word)? I'm talking to you guys who've been around since at least ArmA 2. We know BIS by now. They aren't going to add something like that in because it's not important enough. Now, I'd be willing to believe that bipods would serve a purpose if BIS had made bottom rail attachments customizable (your grenade launchers and foregrips). But they didn't do that. Don't hold out hope for this feature. And, yeah, as Viper said, don't compare ArmA 3 to BF3 or even think that Arma 3 is supposed to be BF3. Don't even play the game as a substitute for BF3. Not the same genre, not the same type of game, and if you're expecting BF3 you'll be disappointed.

No one is expecting a substitute for BF3. BF4 (and all DLCs) is right around the corner for that.

The point is, why an "arcade" shooter have such basic feature that doesn't quite fit the gun'n'run gameplay there, while a milsim with focus in infantry doesn't have it.

MGs have a huge impact in squad tactics, both on defense and offense, and right now they are kind of useless because you need to go prone (aka all grass in your face) to use MGs in the right way.

I don't expect full pivot thing or dedicated animations for deployed weapons, but totally ignoring will not cut this time.

BI had some tricks unannounced for the Alpha (minor things, like the holographic sight that have been asked for so long) who knows what is comming.

Wow, some of you guys actually think the bipod will serve a purpose other than purely aesthetical (is that a word)? I'm talking to you guys who've been around since at least ArmA 2. We know BIS by now. They aren't going to add something like that in because it's not important enough. Now, I'd be willing to believe that bipods would serve a purpose if BIS had made bottom rail attachments customizable (your grenade launchers and foregrips). But they didn't do that. Don't hold out hope for this feature. And, yeah, as Viper said, don't compare ArmA 3 to BF3 or even think that Arma 3 is supposed to be BF3. Don't even play the game as a substitute for BF3. Not the same genre, not the same type of game, and if you're expecting BF3 you'll be disappointed.

play ro2 then get back to us. bipods are absolutely essential for accurate crouched shots behind solid cover. real life firefights do not involve spray and praying at the enemy. every shot counts and stability matters.

also, as an aside, aesthetics are hugely important as well.

No one is expecting a substitute for BF3.

It's actually pretty funny watching the fanboys freak the heck out when you mention any other game that's not a Mil-sim in comparison to arma.

I'm going to start doing it more just for lols.

It's actually pretty funny watching the fanboys freak the heck out when you mention any other game that's not a Mil-sim in comparison to arma.

You're a braver man than I.

I salute you, brave warrior..... And may God help us all.

But seriously, I think it needs to be said that adding features from another game =/= becoming that other game.

I'm hopefull for weapon resting and an actual bipod attachment and deployment animation. I have a feeling that it's going to be one of those, "We have bigger fish to fry.. let the modders do it." things. I guess for now you can just lay down and wait to find out. ;)

play ro2 then get back to us. bipods are absolutely essential for accurate crouched shots behind solid cover. real life firefights do not involve spray and praying at the enemy. every shot counts and stability matters.

Believe me, I'm all for bipods (and bottom rail attachments in general), but I'm pretty sure some BIS dev said this at some point. I just really doubt BIS will get around to doing this. If they added bipods, then they'd go ahead and do all the bottom rail attachments. Maybe they will make it a feature for only LMGs and HMGs if they do, but I'm not holding out hope. I do believe that bipods and weapon resting in general are essential and realistic, but I don't think BIS views it that way. I honestly don't think it's a priority for them.

The thing about BF3 is, I've seen comments on the internet describing Arma 3 as a substitute for BF3 because someone was "tired of BF3". Hence the reemphasis on not expecting Arma 3 to be like that. There are some who expect such, but probably not on these forums. Is Arma 3 going that way? Nope.

I do hope that features such as these do find their way in Arma 3. Not the most important features that I'd like to see in regards to infantry combat (AI and player subordinate commanding is priority for me), but definitely important for shooting mechanics.

To add to antoineflemming's reply -- it's not to deny the value of bipods to the infantry gameplay, but rather to (unfortunately) throw cold water on the idea that BI will actually implement it any time soon. :( Much less in time for the final release, or even for a theoretical standalone expansion, especially since "bottom rail" (with grenade launchers) is still the only "rail" that didn't get modular attachments support in Arma 3, though that's still an improvement on the "none for the past decade".

Link me to these so that I can be there with popcorn... sitting there... watching... watching you.

I'll agree, antoineflemming -- Arma 3 =/= BF3, Arma 3 > BF3... we may merely disagree about the why. I'll definitely agree that Arma 3 is not "going that way"... we may just disagree on what "that way" means. ;)

Bis have surprised the community with a lot of really wanted features so far. Reckon they'll be aware of the interest this feature will bring. From a marketing perspective it'd be a good move, and even better from game play perspective as ace made so apparent. Even now i shift + space when near supportive surfaces for extra control.