PLease Relese it soon We need some more choppers in this game!

Its not as easy as you think.

I am really thinking about redoing the whole model, but this would result in more work then I could cope between university and my job. Even before - I don't really know how to model in Blenger, e.g., so I would have to take lessons.

The thing is with this model - It does look great, the general model is good. But all the UVs are messed up, they are chunky and not very sorted. The fine details are missing entirely, and the cockpit is a simple mess.

I would really love to make this mod happening, but to lift it onto ArmA3 level, it would need even more love then we even gave it.

We could actually make this work for A3 right now, but it would be a simple attack-helicopter with tons of rpt-errors and some minor bugs (we havent still fixed the rotor-blade blurry texture thingy).

I will speak with Cyborg about it once more, to see if we can release is as a state of progress.....

This looks great i'm pumped for when this is downloadable, Could you maybe give me the experimental version and I could test it out?

It's not beeing worked on any longer. Maybe a mod can close it?

Why not? I was really looking forward to this mod I always wanted the Mi-28 in the game

Hi Redphoenix,

just wanted to give you an offer, I am the guy who created the original Mi-28N model back in 2008. A guy called EricM helped me put it in-game but in the process he reduced the poly count and also redid the whole UVmap. But the thing is I still have the original model that is mapped and complete, and I have the full PSD template for it too. The cockpit is only started, but there is a lot more source material avaliable online than there was in 2008, and I have since modded a flight combat game called Strike Fighters 2, building a lot of cockpits..

I guess with your A3 source files putting it ingame would be rather more easy? I could work with you if you want, and I could even work with your to created the cockpit to a better standard. Here is a render of the model as-is, as you can see some stuff would need reworking to look better like the gun details and landing gear but overall I think it looks OK, it's about 20K tris IIRC.

msg_19311_0_71890800_1414311218.jpg

hey guys, working with CMA Eric/kju we (me hcpookie and von knudenberg) recently developed the variations, skins, proxies and armaments for the A2 version - we made the version with the little rescue cabin, added SACLOS functionality, upgraded all the weaponry and lights and made 8 weapon variations, plus a rearm function.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181303-BAFX-and-Rangemaster-mod-packs-released

happy to share of course.

if you're interested you can add me on steam or skype to chat, or PM.I can pass you our work to date if it's on interest.

As far as I know, you are part of RHS team, why not include it in RHS mod?

it isn't happening anymore, not based on this particular mesh

is this relased or still going on? i hope its not dead

fuuuck, i hate when mods are done and then discontinues ffs

fuuuck, i hate when mods are done and then discontinues ffs

Read Pufu's last post.

Read Pufu's last post.

Yeah, RHS and VTN both are planning to release their versions of the Mi-28, just be a little more patient pcuic05

cheers!

As far as I know, you are part of RHS team, why not include it in RHS mod?

Because we will have our very own Mi-28 at some point not based on this model.

@ Any Mod:

Please lock this thread. Thanks.