Sign in to follow this  
glowbal

Combat Medical System v0.1 Alpha Released

Combat Medical System v0.1 Alpha

A medical system based upon the Trauma Combat Casualty Care courses taught to thousands of US and UK military and civilian law enforcement medical professionals. This system will allow for players to feel the stress of trying to treat their teammates in the heat of battle in the most austere of situations, it will allow for an expanded medical system based on reality. We hope you enjoy it!

------------------------

CMS is released in an 'as is' state. The current version is feature incomplete and may contain bugs and errors. This version is released to gather feedback on our current modification.

This version has been tested in MP enviroments with up to 70+ players.

CMS is not compatible with any other mod or script that modifies damage taken or alters wounding systems. When using with ACE, please ensure you disabled the ACE Wounding system.

Documentation:

Proper documentation regarding CMS will be released at a later date. All current documentation found in this download is work in progress and may be subject to change. Some parts in the documentation may be refering to unimplemented features.

Quick setting-up CMS Guide:

Step 1) Place down the Enable Combat Medical System module (f7) in the editor.

Step 2) Assign use action 20 to an un-used key.

Step 3) When pressed you open a CMS menu, one of three options: Self, other, vehicle, depending what you look at

Known bugs:

- Only AI that were present from mission start will run CMS. Anything spawned in will not support CMS.

- Blood pressure is only one number instead of two

- Sometimes you get stuck in animation when being dragged

- All models have been temperarly replaced by default pouch

Mirrors:

Direct Link

Armaholic

Requirements:

Combined Operations

CBA

Credits;

Glowbal/Cage, scripts/Code

Raptor 6 Actual, Rye, FM and Scarle; medical background info

Scarle, documentation found in download

Donny, models & graphics

Aposky, models & graphics

16AA Community, testing and feedback

DET7 community

Classnames:

Magazines:

"cms_bandage_basic"

"cms_packing_bandage"

"cms_tourniquetâ€

"cms_splint"

"cms_morphine"

"cms_epinpen"

"cms_plasma_iv",

"cms_blood_iv"

"cms_saline_iv"

"cms_quikclot"

"cms_plasma_iv_500"

"cms_nasopharyngeal_tube"

"cms_blood_iv_500"

"cms_saline_iv_500"

"cms_plasma_iv_250"

"cms_blood_iv_250"

"cms_saline_iv_250"

"cms_opa"

"cms_bandageElastic"

"cms_liquidSkin"

"cms_chestseal"

Weapons:

"cms_firstaidkitâ€

Edited by Glowbal

Can't wait to give it a shot...literally!

I am pulling this from my experience as a current combat medic in the us army, as far as 1 number blood pressure being an issue, in the field when providing any of the TC3 steps you would never pull out a cuff and start measuring BP, you get the casualties BP from taking pulses at certain extremities, you replace the last number with the letter p (representing palpable/felt pulse). If there is a radial pulse (at the wrist) It would be noted as 80/p, femoral (upper thigh/groin area) it would be 70/p and lastly the jugular (neck) 60/p, i just wanted to clarify the matter.

I am pulling this from my experience as a current combat medic in the us army, as far as 1 number blood pressure being an issue, in the field when providing any of the TC3 steps you would never pull out a cuff and start measuring BP, you get the casualties BP from taking pulses at certain extremities, you replace the last number with the letter p (representing palpable/felt pulse). If there is a radial pulse (at the wrist) It would be noted as 80/p, femoral (upper thigh/groin area) it would be 70/p and lastly the jugular (neck) 60/p, i just wanted to clarify the matter.

There have been countless medical experts working in the development of this, Most Notably British and US military medics, I am sure they discussed the preferred way of doing this there are a number of visual clues that would appear in real life but may not be there in a game. That is probably why this system is being used.

Anyways Great release lads!

A little video courtesy of some man eating trenches eating about a sections worth of guys, This is the 16AA

PS THE MUSIC DOES GO AWAY ABOUT 30 Secs in!

Thank you, interesting information. I might adjust it a bit in a later version.

Great work Glowbal and the rest of the CMS team! You've all put in a great deal of work, and there's so much more to see when the full version is released.

That is probably why this system is being used.

Pretty much, we wanted those base vital signs in and perfected in relation to other features before we move onto other signs out there. We wanted to make sure it was in before working on other features, basically a proof of concept. Thanks for the comment Dave and we'll work on similar in the future versions. We have quite a few comparable features on the to-do list. For all other requests and bug reports refer to below.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cms/activity

Is compatible with ACE, which also has a system of medicines?

This is probably the wrong place to ask, but I can't seem to find the ace thread.

Anyways, how do I disable Ace wounds?

Edit:

No, it isn't compatible with ace wounds

ACE wounds is disabled by default unless you place the Enable ACE Wounds module.

That's weird because in the editor it gives an error message that essentially says it couldn't disable ace wounds

That's weird because in the editor it gives an error message that essentially says it couldn't disable ace wounds

That pops up if you enable ACE wounds. You need to disable it yourself, CMS only gives you a warning if you keep ace wounds enabled.

This mod has amazing potential. Kudos to you for taking this initiative. I've noticed that the majority of the stuff has not been implemented and I am drooling over it already. This being said, I have a few suggestions of my own:

1) Disable straight up death when shot, similar to what is possible with ACE wounds blackout. I believe that it would be better if every injury was treatable in some regard, even if the most severe cases are not humanly possible to deal with. I've noticed that a round to the noggin or three shots to the body will flat out kill someone and not give a medic the chance to treat a patient. A blackout script similar to ACE would be pretty nifty there, and then have them bleed out or die of trauma or what not over a dynamic period of time (based upon blood loss, heart rate and severity of injuries). This is the main thing that I feel could use work.

2) A wider range of specific injuries, cases, supplies and treatments. This is pretty self explanatory. An EMT I talked to within 15thMEU when I first tested the mod commented upon the limited range of drugs available, and also mentioned that Atropine is not commonly used anymore due to it's function, and the fact that other drugs are more suited to it's porpoise (I have no Paramedic certification myself, but If you would like I could consult him as to what exactly he feels should be included).

3) Manual triage card management. This would be pretty nice for groups like 15thMEU who like to do all that stuff and actually have a dedicated medical detachment. Perhaps if this was a module that could be enabled (as to make it optional).

4) Surgical System or very Advanced medical system (Once the base mod is done). This is purely an idea for you, for advanced development. It would be a nice feature to be able to set up a field hospital. I have no idea where to even begin.

I must say, very well done man. You are on the right track when your WIP release is better than ACE Wounds. Keep at it, this is great stuff.

Alpha does not release the full range of features, but thanks for the comments. We know the medications are limited, that's because the others we want to implement are a work in progress. To address the first point, there is no possible way from my opinion. That would mean adjusting damage values which could leave it in a state of constant headache, it leads to a tremendous amount of unneeded work! Not to mention hit detection would mess it up anyhow. It's probable for future versions, but highly unlikely.

The second point I have kind of went over, but as Alpha we have not released the full range of features. I'm sure you see the potential though, and there is more to come. Injuries included, specific indeed and some general. For example the airway system is not yet in place and will open up a range of problematic injuries, conditions and situations. The way it is displayed is relevant, fractures and details with signs or symptoms can be seen. It's on our books.

If you haven't already seen via the interaction menu, triage cards are already there but not yet implemented into an actual model. That is still a work in progress. You should check it out...

Surgical? I really doubt it. That's more than advanced at that stage, on the verge of impossible and not for gameplay purposes. But thanks for the suggestion anyhow. Nice to have positive feedback. :)

Been loving the mod so far, it's making being a medic much more fun, even if I'm losing patients more often from lack of skill on my part. I don't know enough about the subject to offer anything else up addition wise, but I know I'm eagerly awaiting updates to the ArmAII version. I've already had some fun playing in SP, but no other unit other than 16AA uses it(to my knowledge) and I'm too young to apply to the 16AA. Anyways, I haven't noticed anything majorly wrong with it, other than that It's much harder for me too save injured now, especially alone in SP. For now, I'll just wait patiently for the coming updates.

I also, out of boredom and curiosity, decided to see if this would work with ArmaIII Alpha. And, to my surprise, it did. I was able to load and launch the module, even if it was full of errors. The text menu is buggy and such, and you cannot place the ammo crate or drag injured players, certain features don't work(like heavily damaged legs forcing prone) but it loaded and launched in a semi-effective way.

I know CMS is still in alpha, and that ArmaIII is also still in alpha and subject to major changes, but with the fact that parts already ported over to ArmaIII, does that mean that CMS will eventually be ported over? I'm not an addon maker, and I'm horrible at scripting and such, so I have no idea how much work goes into this, and I'm assuming its a lot, but I'm just wondering if a full port will even be though of or if the plan is too stop at ArmaII. Just questions from an Arma young one whose slightly overexcited by the release of this mod, mostly because I hope to work in this field in 2 years.

Been loving the mod so far, it's making being a medic much more fun, even if I'm losing patients more often from lack of skill on my part. I don't know enough about the subject to offer anything else up addition wise, but I know I'm eagerly awaiting updates to the ArmAII version. I've already had some fun playing in SP, but no other unit other than 16AA uses it(to my knowledge) and I'm too young to apply to the 16AA. Anyways, I haven't noticed anything majorly wrong with it, other than that It's much harder for me too save injured now, especially alone in SP. For now, I'll just wait patiently for the coming updates.

I also, out of boredom and curiosity, decided to see if this would work with ArmaIII Alpha. And, to my surprise, it did. I was able to load and launch the module, even if it was full of errors. The text menu is buggy and such, and you cannot place the ammo crate or drag injured players, certain features don't work(like heavily damaged legs forcing prone) but it loaded and launched in a semi-effective way.

I know CMS is still in alpha, and that ArmaIII is also still in alpha and subject to major changes, but with the fact that parts already ported over to ArmaIII, does that mean that CMS will eventually be ported over? I'm not an addon maker, and I'm horrible at scripting and such, so I have no idea how much work goes into this, and I'm assuming its a lot, but I'm just wondering if a full port will even be though of or if the plan is too stop at ArmaII. Just questions from an Arma young one whose slightly overexcited by the release of this mod, mostly because I hope to work in this field in 2 years.

I actually ported CMS over to A3 to see what happend as well, though I attempted to brush up and fix the UI errors;

http://i.imgur.com/H0dqGxQ.jpg

Still lots of tiny things (and some larger), do not work, such as dragging etc.

are you able to make a small mission to show how to get this working look nice but cant seem to get it working the way you do? am not sure what am doing wrong i place the module down and put the this setvariable ["cms_medicClass", true,true]; in and when a man is hurt or shot nothing happends iv set the key up nothing.

Edited by Falcos

I actually ported CMS over to A3 to see what happend as well, though I attempted to brush up and fix the UI errors;

http://i.imgur.com/H0dqGxQ.jpg

Still lots of tiny things (and some larger), do not work, such as dragging etc.

Yeah, I didn't even try to change anything when I "ported" my over, which was more of a copy paste style port. Dragging has to be possible though, considering the DAPMAN script has dragging added in. I've always debated trying to get into scripting/addon making, but never found a project that I'd really want too help with, or they project felt like it was beyond the realms of possibility. But hey, least it does look like it'll be portable when finished. I'm just glad it works and that we all get to have fun with it :) It's a great project, and before I started posting I stalked the forums alot and bookmarked the topic in the discussion section. Glad to see it released now