Sign in to follow this  
sbobovyc

Stan's Visual Inventory System

A little demo of a dynamic gear selection system I created. It was inspired by one of Dslyecxi's videos, but I created this from scratch. It is not complete or bug free, but I should be able to release a test version soon.

Latest stable release: https://github.com/sbobovyc/ARMA/archive/master.zip

Edited by sbobovyc

Having watched the video, I'm concerned with the "scalability" of this design -- while aspects like the camera view changing when you go to switch backpacks or weapons are cool, I would prefer somewhat more options -- admittedly in the vein of what Dslyecxi had -- instead of all weapon possibilities being on the same "bar", though if this were used for something like a TDM then the lack of inability to 'accidentally' remove certain gear (thus making that gear 'universal') would make sense, i.e. "you can't accidentally spawn without NVGs that everyone else has because they didn't take theirs off like you did".

Here is the road map for this project, ordered from high priority to low.

• Multiplayer ready
  • Bug fixes
  • Black/white list of equipment
  • Option to limit equipment to West/East
  • Support multiple load outs
  • Support for changing attachments on main weapon
  • Support for changing secondary weapon, and it's attachments
  • Support for changing handgun, and it's attachments

This is the use case I imagine. Player joins a match, spawns, opens SVIS. He selects his basic gear and saves it when he exits the GUI. If he wants anything more, he goes to an ammo box and fills up on mines, chem lights, grenades, etc. When he is done gearing up, he again saves his gear. The saving and loading of equipment is decoupled from the GUI! If player dies, he will respawn with the loadout he saved.

Edited by sbobovyc

Is this going to be a addon or a script?

Is this going to be a addon or a script?

It will be a collection of scripts. Sometime tonight I will release the source code along with a sample mission for testing.

New version uploaded to github. Several bug fixes and blacklist feature. Link in the first post will always point to the latest stable release.

Known bugs:

* if player activates SVIS while bent over, he will be bent over in the SVIS menu

* pressing ESC in SVIS will exit the GUI but not the camera mode, trapping the player

* player drops backpacks on the ground if their are switched too quickly

* underware does not have any inventory slots, so uniform gear does not get saved properly (put it in the blacklist)

* rebreather does not have any inventory slots, so uniform gear does not get saved properly (put it in the blacklist)

I like it so far. Can the camera just have a single position instead of 3 moves and stop? Example: Zoom out, zoom in. Focus weapon, focus backpack, focus LBV, Focus uniform front/back etc?

Or maybe View player from static positions. Front/back/left/right. Elevated front/back/left/right.

I like it so far. Can the camera just have a single position instead of 3 moves and stop? Example: Zoom out, zoom in. Focus weapon, focus backpack, focus LBV, Focus uniform front/back etc?

Or maybe View player from static positions. Front/back/left/right. Elevated front/back/left/right.

Yeah, the camera portion is a place holder right now. I want to add support for multiple loadouts first, and then I will work on the camera controls. I would be very happy if other people submitted patches to help me out :)

Just pushed a new update.

* Added bug inducing items to blacklist

* Weapon switching is better. Only the primary weapon now gets removed along with its mags instead of removing all player weapons.

* Added example of how to get the scroll bars to move to current item and set the item name in gui. (This will happen to all equipment in the future.)

Edited by sbobovyc

Just released a small update of the mission file, eliminating a deleted addon. This is related to the 0.52 patch.

Big bug squishing update.

* Updated blacklist for 0.52 patch

* Camera no longer pans around, just zooms on equipment

* Fixed some globals not being garbage collected when gui is killed

* Fixed player going to wrong animation when starting SVIS without a primary weapon

* Fixed camera not being destroyed when user exits gui with ESC

This is my first reply in this forum. I just registered because your mod in something i like to try. BUT where and how i should install it ? Theres no readme in the files for installation.

When i extract the files,there is three folders. SVIS alph1 example stratis,gitignore and README. But there is nothing in it,only BIG arma letters

And that another readme in inventorySystem,thats no help . What should i do ?

This is my first reply in this forum. I just registered because your mod in something i like to try. BUT where and how i should install it ? Theres no readme in the files for installation.

When i extract the files,there is three folders. SVIS alph1 example stratis,gitignore and README. But there is nothing in it,only BIG arma letters

And that another readme in inventorySystem,thats no help . What should i do ?

Strictly speaking, this is not a mod. It's just a set of scripts and the download includes those scripts + a sample mission.

Copy the SVIS_alpha1_example.Stratis directory to your mpmissions directory. It is under C:\Users\{Your name}\Documents\Arma 3. If you created more profiles on Arma 3, it will be under C:\Users\{Your name}\Documents\Arma 3 Other Profiles.

Once you copy the mission over, host a multiplayer game and select this mission. You will see some ammo boxes and a big supply create.

As for incorporating SVIS into your own missions, you have two options. Just edit the sample mission I released or build your own from scratch and incorporate SVIS. There are lots of info online about this topic. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Main_Page

New update:

Deleted classes removed in beta that were causing example mission to crash.

Hi sbobovyc,

Thanks for the very nice script! I was hoping you could edit it once more to add the option for disabling the nightvision mount and glasses. Most hat types don't go well with the NV mount so this addition would mak it much more usable.

Edited by DaanVS

Awesome thanks :)

Only one question, will you later make it able to install it like any other mod?

Edited by Sahloknir

New update:

* Added support for all assigned items (compass, radio, etc)

* Camera focus is now manually set when entering SVIS

* Added ability to change secondary weapon

Known new bug:

* if player adds a secondary weapon without a backpack on, magazines for the weapon won't be added

https://github.com/sbobovyc/ARMA/archive/master.zip

Keep in mind, this is not a mod. It's just a ready to use, script based inventory system.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Im building a mission with terrorist involved. And i used your mod to create a "terrorist" looking dude or a few actually. I wanna copy the code for this gear and add to any soldier in my mission. Is that possible somehow? Considering you have this save function, so all the items should be stored nicely somewhere.

You can look at loadInventory.sqf and see how the inventory info is stored in a global variable SVIS_INVENTORY.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

A quick development update.