Sign in to follow this  
Sealife

Arma 3 SeaLife Project

Hi All ,

I always wanted to put some more Animals in A2 but due to lack of Modelling skills and some restrictive EULA problems (couldnt ontact the owners) I decided better to keep them to the Archives.

Now we are in Arma 3 and there is Abundance of Sea life models with nice Creative common license on Blend Swap i feel ican actually post a thread that will lead to some actual releases.

SOO : What i would like is to use this thread a sdevelopment and recieve ideas how to prgress this new world into a more interactive /ambient place to Play .

There are in essence Three kind of ways to enter animals /fish into A3 each one progressively more complex than the last these are:

1: Ambient class , these are imply spawned (shown in the videos)

Very simple to make from any model and very simple in there nature ,they are simply Ambient with very little interaction, CConfigged in there own right but paramters set in the Terrain config dictate there presence and numbers.

2: Animal CLass

Similar to the Ambient class however they are FSM driven and can be given more complex (ish) AI , these can also be player vehicles chosen in the editor and include more contolls in the Cfgmoves (more animations)

3 Man/Woman class

A lot more complex in the AI department these can also be given waypoints and be grouped , however may still become very lazy if not closely managed by a Human leader , yes in theory these sharks can be fitted with "Frikkin lasers"

The stor so Far is that i have imported two basic models from Belndswap and given them life with the means of :

Skeletons

keyframe animations (ofp Anim)

Geometry

shadowLods

Fish_base_f class derived identies

6rs4elBX3fw

Orca

Original model by Pasilan

ZeJOfaUDrME

Great White

Original model by joshwedlake

If you have any Ideas please feel free to contribute , iwouldnt like to start adding lasers right away but would rather keep it simple and stick with Ambient class for now then move to Man class , skipping Animal based class because i dont see a great advantage in there.

Caveat

I myself have made a config for THR_Stratis , i intend to remove as much of the Land based things i dont need such as clutter etc and focus on the Se and the Sea Bed , when i release these new creatures i will be adding there presence to this terrain , however there will be a Editor version of the ambient species that will be placable on any terrain , but it will simply swim in a given direction.

Thanks for reading and i hope some will join with me to make the sea a nice place to play :)

NICE!! This definitely makes diving a greater experience.

theres still room for improvement though. the wale animation with the tail isn't very smooth, and seeing them spawn from closeby is something to work on as wel. :)

Would underwater wrecks be considered as part of sea life? Be great if you could include more of them :D Great work!

theres still room for improvement though. the wale animation with the tail isn't very smooth, and seeing them spawn from closeby is something to work on as wel.

definitely room for improvement there , i am using old tools but even so they are quick proof of concept for now , i agree

spawn radius etc can be configged i believe , altho limited with Ambient class there are several parameters .

Would underwater wrecks be considered as part of sea life? Be great if you could include more of them

although i am not myself thinking of it , its defintely something i would like to see , especially as the EELS will need a place to live :)

Very nice project you got there friend!

Just for reality's sake (imo) try to be accurate about the species living down there..

Niiiiiice. While the animations could use a little love, the textures and models are top notch. I see a whole lot of potential for this. Not even including sharks with laser beams...

Very nice project you got there friend!

Just for reality's sake (imo) try to be accurate about the species living down there..

Hi , I understand it but i dont like to narrow to 2013 so would like to add artistic liscence to the fact the game is set in 2035.

Ithink also if eventually there are enough species , people can simply add only the specific species to the terrain they have made .

Hi , I understand it but i dont like to narrow to 2013 so would like to add artistic liscence to the fact the game is set in 2035.

Ithink also if eventually there are enough species , people can simply add only the specific species to the terrain they have made .

new species don't just emerge in 20 years. unless you're talking about deeper diving equipment allowing people to travel down to the depths then they can discover new species.

new species don't just emerge in 20 years. unless you're talking about deeper diving equipment allowing people to travel down to the depths then they can discover new species.

hmm not sure what you mean sorry ?

i havent mentioned that new species started to change there migratory patterns in 2013 , however im sure some species have , i was saying that i have 22 years of Artistic liscence to justify some species being in new feeding grounds due to migratory pattern changes .

Anyway to eliviate post counts , there is no Debate to be had because as i said already , with enough species ,it will be for a terrain maker/mission maker to decide what fits where ;).

this is pretty cool. i see there are several projects to bring the sea to life a bit more. honestly, the laser part is a bit off of my liking but as a bonus why not. just regular fish etc would be fine :)

I have a shark that Deansbeano gave me a long time ago for my underwater diving module. I was never able to get it to work. I could ask him for permission to give it to you to see what you could do with it. PM me if you are interested.

1. Science knows it doesn't have all the answers, yet you seem to think you do?

2. Also the ocean is less explored than space for the love of god, like we have ANY realistic assessment of "all" sea life that is just a joke...

3. This is a video game, and as The author of the project states people can add or remove whatever animals they want... it is HIS project you realize right?

OP:

AWESOME project. I'd love for you (and everyone else on this thread) to join my SCUBA group, I'm going to try keep it as a central place for all things SCUBA related to A2 and A3.

http://forums.bistudio.com/group.php?groupid=291

Yep..i think you are right.

People with other regions terrains -must have their unique choices 2.

Good luck man-i ll be waiting for this ;)

I really like the idea of this project and I think it would also be cool if you could have two island maps with a large body of water that is very deep (if possible). Then you could have items and "undiscovered" sea animals spread out in the sea where players could form teams to do expeditions and post pics of their findings here in the forums in a sticky thread based on the mod. Adding more fish could be just the start because I can see big things for sea addons given how great diving is in A3. Look forward to your work.

Yes let's keep it real depending on terrain lol, but very awesome stuff so far. Just that orca tail needs some fixing hehe

Edited by MasterDon

think more reef, I know it just plant clutter, not to hard to do. buoys would be cool too. so much can be done. I like see sample of ambit fish. have try some sea life but it fly in the sky.