Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Battlefield 4

@jblackrupert:

"You WILL NOT be banned from games using SweetFX, DICE, Punkbuster and VAC have all confirmed SweetFX is allowed."

Can you provide the link to confirm that?

A ban for using this is a serious thing.

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

This links have a serious warn against this color modification:

DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod

PC Gamer notes that DICE's Gustav Halling tweets his disapproval of a modification for Battlefield 3 that adds a little more color to the arguably drab environments in DICE's military shooter sequel. In addition to expressing the opinion that it is "to [sic] colorful," the Battlefield 3 gameplay designer also warns that this could get players permanently banned, adding "The hack is not only a 'brightness modifier', its a proper cheat." Thanks Joao.

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=135706

You'll have to search on Battlelog for the DICE posts yourself.

People have been using SweetFX since BF3, there a gazzilion posts with people confirming they have never been banned.

The "BF3 Color mod" that's being discussed in those links is the tool that contained hacks.. Weapon and Vehicle damage modifiers.

the bans were handed out for that tool, not SweetFX. They are totally separate things.

Hack sites and hackers will blame anything they can, any new software comes out and they blame it for bans

Skype was blamed for bans when it came out, so was FRAPS, Afterburner, even Photoshop was once used as an excuse

for bans, it's all bull.

SweetFX applies effects to the entire image, you can't use it to highlight soldiers or vehicles.

Edited by jblackrupert

I was using SweetFX in BF3 for ~2 months and never got banned/kicked or anything. Although I got rid of it since overtime I found it worse for eyes. I tried a bunch of presets and settings/tweaks but in the end I opted for vanilla. Im pretty sure you wont have any problems if you use it but you never know.

So, I tried the new patch and performance wise it might be few % better.

Movement is snappier I suppose and therefore better.

All this HUD tweaks you can make now are very welcome of course but doesn't have that much impact in hardcore.

You still die around corners, cannot escape grenades, incendiary grenade is still burning you for few seconds after you are clearly away from it, etc.

So called netcode fixes did very little and I don't know how lowering damage model could help. You still get killed in one frame and its not like you get to 15% in one frame now. Instant, non headshot deaths are still present.

Overall, decent effort I suppose but its far from done and would not give them that much praise for doing something that has to be done. Just because Ubisoft is not supporting their often broken games it doesn't mean its the golden standard.

"You'll have to search on Battlelog for the DICE posts yourself."...

You dont have a link but I have one that say:

"warns that this could get players permanently banned"

From "Gustav Halling" - Designer II at DICE (twitter)

Well I'm gonna enter in a sterile debate about the use of "sweet" fx but I prefer believe DICE than you.

I prefer dont take the risk of a ban in a server using a this.

"You'll have to search on Battlelog for the DICE posts yourself."...

You dont have a link but I have one that say:

"warns that this could get players permanently banned"

From "Gustav Halling" - Designer II at DICE (twitter)

Because the SweetFX issue was discussed to death over 2 years ago.

DICE employees and Battlelog mods posted it's ok, I read it.

Punkbuster did the same and it was ok'd for VAC on Steam.

"BF3 Color Mod" is not SweetFX.

Thousands of people including myself have been using it for their games for years.

I'd have been banned a long long time ago if it was bannable.

All this HUD tweaks you can make now are very welcome of course but doesn't have that much impact in hardcore.

You still die around corners, cannot escape grenades, incendiary grenade is still burning you for few seconds after you are clearly away from it, etc.

So called netcode fixes did very little and I don't know how lowering damage model could help. You still get killed in one frame and its not like you get to 15% in one frame now. Instant, non headshot deaths are still present.

Overall, decent effort I suppose but its far from done and would not give them that much praise for doing something that has to be done. Just because Ubisoft is not supporting their often broken games it doesn't mean its the golden standard.

Within a minute of me starting a round my framerate drops to 6-13 FPS on all settings and damage from shots just pile up and hit me all at once

I can see people shooting, hear them shooting but for a few seconds nothing hits me and then WHAMMO! I get blasted by every shot they fire all at once. like the packets are piling up on the server then being sent all at once.

Game is literally unplayable even when the framerate doesn't drop.

I'm seeing tons of complaints about the same thing and nothing but the usual, get a better PC, get more RAM... blah blah blah replies

if you dare make a complaint about the patch a few dozen people will attack you.

That's entirely possible. Just because it runs better for me it does not mean it's better for everyone. Sorry to hear that. Obviously there is not a problem with your hardware and tbh Battlelog forums can often be... well, you know how it is.

Have you tried defragging your hard drive (if not SSD) and verifying your game? Maybe there are some new drivers for you GPU you can try? Perhaps, delete your config file in "Documents\Battlefield 4" (please do create a backup first :)).

Is single player working fine?

Other then that, I'm afraid I can't help much. It's a shame really.

I remember there was an absurd registry fix for poor performance in Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut. I still wonder how the guy who came up with it figured that one out. Hopefully something will turn up for Battlefield as well.

That's entirely possible. Just because it runs better for me it does not mean it's better for everyone. Sorry to hear that. Obviously there is not a problem with your hardware and tbh Battlelog forums can often be... well, you know how it is.

Have you tried defragging your hard drive (if not SSD) and verifying your game? Maybe there are some new drivers for you GPU you can try? Perhaps, delete your config file in "Documents\Battlefield 4" (please do create a backup first :)).

Is single player working fine?

Other then that, I'm afraid I can't help much. It's a shame really.

I remember there was an absurd registry fix for poor performance in Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut. I still wonder how the guy who came up with it figured that one out. Hopefully something will turn up for Battlefield as well.

It's installed on SSD on my system.

Even consoles are experience severe framerate issues. From what I've read it seems to be effecting DirectX, not Mantle.

every time a large patch comes out either the framerates go way up and I can increase settings or it goes way down.

When BF4 came out I could play on High at 35-40FPS using a GTX 560 and 3570K (Stock) and 16GB RAM

then the first large patch came out and I could get the same on Ultra. then the June (I think) came out and and it was back to High

and now it's back to Low to get the same rates but now after a couple minutes it dives to an unplayable 6-20FPS

on any setting on most maps.

Hopefully it's just a driver issue that needs to be fixed.

Previous to this last patch the new Nvidia drivers improved performance.

What's even more annoying is the patch is more about cosmetic and gameplay changes then fixing bugs

the whole CTE thing originally started to fix bugs and just became sidetracked tweaking the HUD and of course

the damage model changes which DICE slipped in with no consultation from the community, nobody asked for it.

My main concern is that EA is going to pull the plug on funding work on the game and the bugs won't get fixed

because DICE wasted so much time dicking around with cosmetic crap.

My main concern is that EA is going to pull the plug on funding work on the game and the bugs won't get fixed

because DICE wasted so much time dicking around with cosmetic crap.

That´s DICE in a nutshell.

I'm running it on i5 4570k @ 3.2-3.6GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM and HD 7870 GPU. Settings on high, AA/AF off (just more mouse lag) and DirectX 11, limited to 60 FPS (not with Vsync). Using Mantle I obviously get same FPS but temp. on GPU is tiny bit lower so better performance but terrible stuttering every 5-10s. Sometimes even locks up for like 2s.

So much for huge performance boosts. Remember all the trailers and hype about it? Buy AMD and get 1 million FPS. Buy Windows 8.1 and get that multiplied by 10. Sure...

In Thief 4 I'm getting a bit better performance using Mantle, no stuttering but Afterburner doesn't seem to work with Mantle :(.

Something must be wrong with drivers/compatibility in BF4.

Something must be wrong with drivers/compatibility in BF4.

The framerate issue wasn't a problem in the CTE, so no idea what happened before it was released to vanilla.

My 6-20 FPS on most maps seems to be pretty common with a lot of people complaining.

Thankfully playing on low isn't a major issue in Frostbite, it still looks great especially if you have SweetFX installed

in some ways it's a lot better then High or Ultra, the lighting on looks a lot better in a lot of ways.

DICE needs to fix the damn bugs though, EA will pull the plug once sales of Final Stand start drying up

the cosmetic and gameplay changes are nice, but not a priority.

The new damage model simply does not work as intended with the crappy "Netcode"

It's supposed to be only 1 extra bullet to kill but in reality all it's done is render a ton of guns into nerf guns

no matter how accurate you are, it takes a ton of bullets to kill someone and a large amount of hits don't register

despite showing a hit marker. It's the 750rpm and up guns that kill.

Then there is the issue with servers piling up damage packets and then sending them all at once

that's part of what the dying behind cover is, your client isn't being sent the hit packets in realtime.

According to DICE, the CTE servers were running 4 instances of the server per machine

but those servers rarely if ever managed to get more then 30 people playing at once

so now that it's operating in the real world it's failing hard.

Edited by jblackrupert

So Final Stand DLC has been released today.

Edited by Janez
wrong link

Finding dog tags around the final stand maps is the thing to do apparently. It seems only one spawns per match and are usually very hard to find. And you cannot equip them if you got any by knifing someone which is just stupid.