Sign in to follow this  
Inkompetent

INKO Disposable

INKO Disposable

NLAW_L2X0661_2%20300.jpg

Version 1.2 is out!

Information:

I have attempted to replicate all basic functionality found in INKO Disposable 1.2 for ArmA2. This addon for ArmA3 Alpha makes the NLAW man-portable anti-tank launchers disposable as it is in real life. After one shot the tube is spent and cannot be reused in any way.

The spent tube can be thrown away after firing simply by switching weapon (default key: F). AI throws it away automatically shortly after firing.

DUE TO LACKING SCRIPT FUNCTIONALITY I HAVE LIMITED CONTROL OVER THE WEAPON'S INTERNAL AMMUNITION BOTH FOR PLAYERS AND AI.

PLEASE VOTE ON THIS TICKET TO HASTEN PROPER FUNCTIONALITY FOR MANY ADDONS: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4853

The addon has full Extended Eventhandler support (and requirement).

Purpose:

Aside from being a simple addon for a slightly more realistic game it is in great part designed for other addon-makers.

The code has been kept as simple and as modular as I have the wits to make it for the simple functionality it has now. It is fully possible to make this work with disposable launchers in other addons by adding a few variables to those launchers's config and should require no tinkering with INKO Disposable at all.

Version history:

• v1.2 (2014-01-11):

- Fixed "undefined variable _unit" error spamming RPT

- Fixed AI selecting pistol over rifle after firing due to what seems to be a bug in selectWeapon command

v1.1 (2013-04-02 [Alpha]):

- Automatic ammunition management: No longer need to pick up missiles from boxes or the like. If you have an unused launcher you have ammunition. (Thank you Ohally!)

- Code cleanup: Should use a little less resources and be more reliable. Probably not noticeable for end user.

v1.0 (2013-03-15 [Alpha]):

- Disposable NLAW: One use only. Throw it away when you want to by switching weapon.

- Thrown tube is physical object in the world (thank you ArmA3 physics for not making it a bounce-machine!)

!!! IMPORTANT !!!

This addon requires the Extended EventHandlers found in CBA!

Download CBA here

DOWNLOAD MIRRORS:

DevHeaven

news_download_a3_3.png

Edited by Inkompetent

Thanks to Ohally there might be a partial solution to the ammo-problem. He seems to have found a way to load the weapon like in ArmA2 thanks to changing the config for the magazines. Doesn't make the linked tracker ticket in the OP less valid though!

Edit: Having tested his solution everything seems to be working as good as it could right now. Still waiting for some additional testing before releasing 1.1.

Edited by Inkompetent

Awesome addon!

And so it begins... this feels like the first step towards ACE! :D :D

New release will be delayed because I will attempt to reduce the script load caused by the addon. Should hopefully be much lighter than the current version, and potentially free of the CBA/XEH requirement.

Version 1.1 is out! See the main post for changelog and updated download link!

This is the 'old' 1.1 that I was working on. The new changes that I am working on are over my head (an area of modding for ArmA that I've not touched before) and it'll take a while until I manage to get that to work, so until then you'll get this one to enjoy!

Apparantly the download refused to work at Filefront, so I am using Dropbox for now. This time the download should work!

Hi there, nice addon. One small thing though, NLAW is not a disposable weapon. It is sold as a re-loadable tube, but still fun to watch AI throw it away after use.

Hi there, nice addon. One small thing though, NLAW is not a disposable weapon. It is sold as a re-loadable tube, but still fun to watch AI throw it away after use.

The weapon is not field-reloadable like a Carl Gustav, RPG-7, or SMAW. It is however factory-reloadable, like the AT4, although I do not know how many firings a tube is expected to last for.

Edited by Inkompetent

Hey Inko, many of us need your "disposable love" on the R3F at4cs release like you did for A2/AO! Please? I've been using this since A2 and find it very irritating when I'm lugging around a spent tube now. The author of that mod said it'll be up to you again whether you add it or not, as they have no intention of including CBA as a requirement in their mod....However, not only is the At4cs not included (yet?), but some users(check out "germ"'s comment on the armaholic page comments) have reported apparent conflicts with this mod.

Edited by Lost_Samurai

Hey Inko, many of us need your "disposable love" on the R3F at4cs release like you did for A2/AO! Please? I've been using this since A2 and find it very irritating when I'm lugging around a spent tube now. The author of that mod said it'll be up to you again whether you add it or not, as they have no intention of including CBA as a requirement in their mod....However, not only is the At4cs not included (yet?), but some users(check out "germ"'s comment on the armaholic page comments) have reported apparent conflicts with this mod.

Any link to those issues/conflicts?

As for adding an AT4 I will not do it. I only plan to support weapons native to ArmA3. Then it is up to other people to either add support for this addon in their weapon-addons, or if someone makes their own compatability-addons for other weapon-addons to make use of this, despite lack of official support from that addon-maker.

Ok, it's done.

AT4CS is now disposable (in next release...), just bouncing everywhere when dropped, I'll have to fix this when we get A3 BIS Tools.

Neat :)

Wish I could help with the bouncing though, but models really ain't my thing, so no idea if anything at all can be done without new modelling tools. I'm just delighted the NLAW worked from the start.

Updated to 1.2!

Due to Dropbox errors DevHeaven is the one alternative now: http://dev.withsix.com/projects/inko-disposable-a3/files

Changes:

- Fixed "undefined variable _unit" error spamming RPT

- Fixed AI selecting pistol over rifle after firing due to what seems to be a bug in selectWeapon command

Edited by Inkompetent

Thanks for the headsup about the new version :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

hi

Since Latest CBA for A3 patch, this addon cause unlimited ammo of PCML, and couldn't disposable.

Where can i find the server keys?

Hate having to necro, but can someone guide me around on how making this to work with other weapons than the NLAW ?

Weapons added by other addons for example.