Sign in to follow this  
Psylocke

Changing draw distances.

I think mine is on about 600 meters (accourding to the Dragnav veiw finder and a civilian on desert map) but how can i make it farther?

mmm.txt

I dont know if there is a certin draw distance for units, but if there is it could possibly be that its not drawing the model yet.

Or if what you wanted was to increase your view distance, you do that under visual options

It can be changed by the mission designer using the setviewdistance command, or if you have Resistance and are playing a single-player mission, you can change it in the Video Options screen. It doesn't work for multi-player because it would allow cheating.

Thats not 'draw distance' is it?. thats just the distance when the 'fog' starts in at?. theres still scenery and what not being drawn at a further distance beyond.

If you have Resistance set the 'Veiw Distance' higher like Mr Frag says wink.gif .

I don't know about OFP though. the 'veiw distance' is 900 or 950 in OFP, but I dont know how you'd go about changing it.

PS i think 'Visual quality' sets the actual 'draw distance' farther away. in much the same way as setting 'auto dropdown' to 0(zero) makes the engine 'texture' objects better at a further distance...

Visual quality changes the ranges for the LOD's. The higher the value, the further away the ranges will be.