Sign in to follow this  
Kreeping_Death

Escape from Stratis

Hey guys,

I played this mission and found that the respawn time was way, way to long. I wanted to change this down to 30 seconds, or some where around there. I've looked into doing this but everytime I find a tutorial on how to do it, the tools required to do it are no longer there or the site isn't there at all.

If anyone could show me to the tools I need to do this that'd be great or even better, giving the link to a escape stratis map with a 30 second respawn :P

Thanks!

The only tools you need are notepad.

create a file called description.ext in the mission folder, and add these lines.

respawn="base";
respawndelay = 30;

Hmm.

I thought you had to unpbo a file or something like that, not just add a simple extension for the editor maps. I want to edit the co-op stock map "Escape from Stratis" or what ever it's called and change that respawn time from 120 seconds to around 30. I've already created a respawn marker on a seperate mission I created my self thanks to a youtube video.

I'll try this though, Where do I stick it? arma3/mpmissions?

Life must really hate me today!

I went to the Eliteness one on that link you gave me Nicolas and I got a 404 Error File then I tried the ArmAUnPBO and the website no longer exsists lol. Least for me. :<

PBOView works just fine; http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1434

Here you have Escape from Stratis with respawn at base with a delay of 30 seconds.

Put this in your arma 3\mpmissions(or missions) folder and you'll be good to go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d5hx07y6r15h5ri

You should download PBOView and PBOManager v1.4 Beta(i use this one to extract the main Arma 3 pbo files, and PBOview for missions etc).

Edited by bFe90

Hey,

Sorry about the long pause. I got it working! Although, the PboView didn't work for me at all, it kept saying all the Arma 3 files weren't PBO's, so I tried the PBOManager, and that worked like a charm. Fixed up the script and made my spawn time 30 secs. Wooo!!!! Thank you so much, although when I went to the media fire link AVG popped up on my screen saying it was a virus and I hastily retreated lol. Anyways, thank you again for the help =D