Deadfast

Deadfast's Third Person View for ARMA 3

Deadfast's Third Person View

Adjust the third person camera for infantry to your likingcursor.gif

MP Compatible: Yes, client side

Signed: Yes, presets only, key here

Bored of the standard third person view you get for infantry by default? Would you rather have it over-the-shoulder style? Or perhaps even top-down view if you're feeling nostalgic? :D

No problem, you can adjust the camera position to whatever you desire! And unlike the previous ARMA 2 version, this one has a working crosshair as well!

There are several presets available, all of which are signed. You can use those online on servers that accept the DFS key. If you can't find one that you fancy you can create your own camera offset, though that one will not be signed. But you can always post it here alongside a screenshot and if it doesn't hurt fair play I might sign it and include it in the next release :)

3rdperson_small.jpg

• Download:
    news_download_a3_3.png

[*]Offsets:

The Fast and the Dead

by MacScottie

macscottie_s.jpg

Based on the addon's default Over-the-shoulder view with the camera positioned closer to the center.

#define __offsetX 0.3
    #define __offsetY 0
    #define __offsetZ -1.2

Ghost Recon Style

by Mjolnir66

mjolnir66_s.jpg

This camera position is based on the third person view found in Ghost Recon, positioned on the level with the rifle, very much to the side and close to the action.

#define __offsetX 0.4
    #define __offsetY -0.3
    #define __offsetZ -0.6

Personal Space

by Operator

operator_s.jpg

Located over your shoulder but a fair distance away it is a blend of Over-the-shoulder and the default position.

#define __offsetX 0.4
    #define __offsetY -0.1
    #define __offsetZ -2.1

Over-the-shoulder

by Deadfast

deadfast_s.jpg

An over-the-shoulder camera created by yours truly. This is the default position found after installing the addon.

#define __offsetX 0.4
    #define __offsetY -0.1
    #define __offsetZ -1.2

ARMA3 Default

by Bohemia Interactive

bis_s.jpg

Default position of the camera in ARMA3.

#define __offsetX 0.22
    #define __offsetY -0.05
    #define __offsetZ -2.2

Edited by Deadfast
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

neat little one ;)

Perfect addon, was always tired of my character blocking my view, also gives a tighter dynamic feel

Looks nice mate. Good work.

I use this in A2, great little addon.

Thanks for the A3 version..:)

Deadfast, I have encountered a problem :(

When I customize my 3rd person angle, the automatic indoor camera repositioning breaks. I'm talking about when you move back up to a wall and it automatically zooms in, this is not happening. My zoom is clipping through the walls behind me.

You probably know what I'm talking about, but if you don't I can make a quick video demonstration some time tomorrow. Is this something you'll be able to fix via the pbo, or is it something that will have to go into the feedback tracker?

I was so happy to see you put this out today too because the default 3rd person for A3 is WAY too far zoomed out.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

On a positive note:

eyXvPJv.jpg

I call it "The Fast and the Dead" ;)

It's slightly more zoomed in, higher, and not as much offset to the left as yours.

#define __offsetX 0.3

#define __offsetY 0

#define __offsetZ -1.2

neat little one ;)

Does it mean that the default 3rd person view will be changed (without the need of an addon)? :)

Or at least an option to configure it to your likes? E.g. defining the side the camera is positioned and the default zoom factor...

Edit: Nice work of course, Deadfast. But to have such a thing in the vanilla version would be even better :o

Edited by RogueTrooper

Extremely useful. Thank you for this!

Btw, I do not experience the bug with the camera clipping through walls (as reported earlier). Everything works just fine. :D

Deadfast, I have encountered a problem :(

When I customize my 3rd person angle, the automatic indoor camera repositioning breaks. I'm talking about when you move back up to a wall and it automatically zooms in, this is not happening. My zoom is clipping through the walls behind me.

You probably know what I'm talking about, but if you don't I can make a quick video demonstration some time tomorrow. Is this something you'll be able to fix via the pbo, or is it something that will have to go into the feedback tracker?

I'm not aware of that. I haven't actually done much testing indoors though. A video would be welcome, I'll see if I can work out what the problem could be later today. And thank you for the offset, added to the OP ;).

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thank you!

Thank you for this one man! I loved it in Arma 2, I'll love it even more in Arma 3! :D

Made a video of the clipping issue Dead:

Thanks, I had a look and I can reproduce it. Sadly I have no idea how to fix it :(. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Has anyone got coordinates to create a helmet cam style third person?

I've figured out a good position but it seems the camera moves around an axis not central to the body so it moves quicker than the 3rd person 'helmet' it's attached too and clips through it. Any ideas?

Edited by Ilarnek

Yes, thank you so much! Great Addon and I love playing with that.

Free banana's for you! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I can't actually get this to work, I've used someones settings above and done everything it has asked and uploaded all documents. rather confused :)

How about my Ghost Recon style side cam:

13582150793541085152_thumb.jpg

Just wish you could switch sides in game.

#define __offsetX 0.4

#define __offsetY -0.3

#define __offsetZ -0.6

I can't actually get this to work, I've used someones settings above and done everything it has asked and uploaded all documents. rather confused :)

Could you elaborate a bit as to what exactly is the problem?

How about my Ghost Recon style side cam:

Added to the OP, thanks!

Um yeah sure, just same as normal ingame without the mod installed.

Currently using:

#define __offsetX 0.3

#define __offsetY 0

#define __offsetZ -1.2

which is someones view in the first page which I really liked. I added the folders in the folders it said too and the steam parameters. But when I then load up the game, it's same as usual (First person)

Um yeah sure, just same as normal ingame without the mod installed.

Currently using:

#define __offsetX 0.3

#define __offsetY 0

#define __offsetZ -1.2

which is someones view in the first page which I really liked. I added the folders in the folders it said too and the steam parameters. But when I then load up the game, it's same as usual (First person)

Try see if that makes a difference, won't be what you want, but it will check if its working or not.. You have got the dfs config in the players: userconfig ?

#define __offsetX 0.2

#define __offsetY -0.4

#define __offsetZ -4