Deadfast

Deadfast's Third Person View for ARMA 3

I got it in: Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\dfs_3rdperson

testing that one now

EDIT: Nope doesn't work still :(

addon: Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@dfs_3rdperson\addons

userconf: Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\dfs_3rdperson

Steam parameters: -mod=@dfs_3rdperson

config:

/*

Do not change anything else than the numeric values!

Game must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

Axis (Described as when looking at the character from the camera):

X: Left to right

Y: Up to down

Z: Further to closer

*/

#define __offsetX 0.2

#define __offsetY -0.4

#define __offsetZ -4

Edited by Inflam3

But when I then load up the game, it's same as usual (First person)

This doesn't change any settings for first person, it merely adjusts the camera position of the third person camera that is present in the game by default (you can toggle between 1st and 3rd person using numpad Enter).

Oh I had no idea about that. (I've never played ARMA before)

Lets try it!

If for some reason adding it to your line isn’t working, why not just enable it in game via ‘Expansion’, in the menu..;)

It's working, I had to press enter on numpad as someone mentioned above. Cheers guys for the help, I didn't know about that. Thought I'd just go ingame and it will be 3rd person.

Awesome, both FP and TP, game is awesome so far!

Great addon, helps when testing and mission making, also for screenshots. Use first person in game, but use this alot mission making.

Thanks..:)

One suggestion: create 3 presets which can be used, and the option to switch the presets.

1) default

2) left

3) right

This way you can use the most optimal version, no matter your current location, surroundings and stance.

Hello Deadfast, is there any way you can BIsign this mod...

I know your OP stats that it Could be exploted.. But can you leave that up to the people running the servers?? I would like to verify sigs, and allow certin mods.. if you dont have the BIsign loaded then you cant join.. Its not an exploit if the server allows it...

Please please please make a bisign/key.

Edited by Lordprimate

I'll dl it tonight.

I wonder if anything like this is being done for vehicle 3rd person optional perspectives, for instance, a closer perspective of the area in front of the vehicle for slow speed patrols and such! I also didn't like the default ones for the choppers either, as I fly zoomed in all the time.

Good Work btw. I like the "Ghost Recon" one better. But then again it's all a matter of taste and you can't please everyone...or can you. I wonder if it would be something BIS would implement in the final product. Letting the user choose from a small but varied list of gameplay perspectives.

Kudos!

@deadfast

I was suprised it working so well without fov adjustments.

If you have some aliasing you wont notice a thing. A+ Mod. Could you make something like this for first person?

Iknow you can with fov, but it looks ugly.

I just had an idea:

Can you write a key-bind into the mod which changes the view from one shoulder to the other?

I just had an idea:

Can you write a key-bind into the mod which changes the view from one shoulder to the other?

Sorry, that's not possible. Unfortunately you cannot adjust the camera position while the game is running.

That's bad. Maybe BI can write that down into the code (if possible).

• Like 1

yes,that is what i want .plz make a bisign,thx a lotï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼

A new, signed, version has been released! Check the first post for the download link :).

Deadfast - or anyone else with an idea on a fix for this:

I just installed this using Playwith six, it also updated the mod - but the mod name is a little different than your DL link on page 1 -when downloaded using PWSIX, the mod folder is called: "dfs_3rdperson_a3"

When I press "launch", a message appears before the game actually launches that says:

" Include file userconfig\dfs_3rdperson\cameraPosition.hpp not found "

It will not laucnh the game and once I press "OK" on the message it returns to the PlayWithSIX launch window.

I looked in my steam A3 directory, the mod is there and the subfolder in the mod with userconfig and also the hpp file IS there. I've tried removing and then reinstalling the mod using PWSIX, also tried manually deleting the mod outside of PWSIX and then letting PWSIX reinstall it. Same results.

I suspect this may be an issue with PWSIX rather than the mod, but I pretty much only use PWSix to launch. It works fine when I download and install from the link on page 1 rather than PWSIX. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by SeaVee

Deadfast - or anyone else with an idea on a fix for this:

I just installed this using Playwith six, it also updated the mod - but the mod name is a little different than your DL link on page 1 -when downloaded using PWSIX, the mod folder is called: "dfs_3rdperson_a3"

When I press "launch", a message appears before the game actually launches that says:

" Include file userconfig\dfs_3rdperson\cameraPosition.hpp not found "

It will not laucnh the game and once I press "OK" on the message it returns to the PlayWithSIX launch window.

I looked in my steam A3 directory, the mod is there and the subfolder in the mod with userconfig and also the hpp file IS there. I've tried removing and then reinstalling the mod using PWSIX, also tried manually deleting the mod outside of PWSIX and then letting PWSIX reinstall it. Same results.

I suspect this may be an issue with PWSIX rather than the mod, but I pretty much only use PWSix to launch. It works fine when I download and install from the link on page 1 rather than PWSIX. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

The ‘user config’ goes in the ‘userconfig’ folder in your arma 3 folder. Don’t leave it in the dfs mod folder it won’t be found. Don't forget you can adjust the camera position too before using it, if you want of course..:)

I suspect this may be an issue with PWSIX rather than the mod, but I pretty much only use PWSix to launch.

Yeah, that does sound like a problem with PWS. I suspect it won't be running the latest version either so if you intend on playing MP you might want to just DL it manually.

This mod is amazing, thank you for sharing it. :yay: