rcmw

[CAMP] 100 Days

100 DAYS

100dayssmall.jpg

Follow a British Pathfinder unit on a 100 day tour of Takistan as they attempt to put down the insurgency once and for all.

Description:

The UN forces have almost completely lost control of the troubled region of Takistan. NATO intervention is requested in the hope that a surge of highly trained troops can avert disaster.

Follow a units from selection, though training and eventually into a difficult 100 day tour of duty that could change the future of Takistan for the better or worse.

Features:

*16 mission campaign

*Advanced support scripts for Artillery, Air-support and Medical Support.

*Evacuate wounded team members.

*Counter Insurgency warfare

*Real world feel (not 5 men vs the world)

*Multiple Endings depending on your entire campaign performance.

*Fully voice acted

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead\Campaigns folder

Credits & thanks:

*Everyone who answered my many questions on various forums

*Goliath86 for his medical script

*Draper for his Air-support script

*Bon for his Artillery script

*Mumble, nettrucker, CSpilot for voice acting

*Poacher and SaveByGrace for sounds and battle shouts

*British MOD for the images

Changelog:

first release

*Disabled core BIS Conversations (thanks Wiki)

*Fixed Medical Unit Select Error in mission 11 and 7

*Fixed Mission 11 Supply Trucks

*Added a few auto saves

*Numerous small bug fixes

*Fixed endings of mission 16 and 13.

*Added subtitles to most speech.

*Removed LGB support option

*Added more life to FOB York

*Just a small hot fix I had not fixed the end of mission 13 correctly, should work now.

*Should fix the crash on day 81 due to an ACR dependency.

Requirements

Arma 2

BAF

Download:

Google drive

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2unIf52LrBVNTBXVVJHTUwxZm8/edit

Armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19272

Edited by RCMW

Congrats on the release. I was waiting for campaign for BAF, so far i found and played only one.

16 missions, voice acting, nice to see such a big campaign. :)

Hello RCMW

congrats to the release. Gonna download it this evening when back from work.

cheers

Thanks for the kind words, its a long campaign and if there are any bugs I have missed please let me know and I will get to fixing them as soon as I can.

great, playing it ATM.

however, you may add subtitles when there is the first dialog in mission 1.

FTM, during the briefing in mission 1, the guy is talking, but there is no subtitles/chat on screen.

can you fix it please?

moreover, in mission 1, when we go and speak to the guys to qualify, after it's done, they still have the addaction "qualify to..."

you may wanna delete it after we passed the exercice.

last thing:

in village shooting range, we have a M4 instead of a SA80.

kind of weird, as we are a british soldier.

thanks

Edited by Wiki

great, playing it ATM.

however, you may add subtitles when there is the first dialog in mission 1.

FTM, during the briefing in mission 1, the guy is talking, but there is no subtitles/chat on screen.

can you fix it please?

moreover, in mission 1, when we go and speak to the guys to qualify, after it's done, they still have the addaction "qualify to..."

you may wanna delete it after we passed the exercice.

last thing:

in village shooting range, we have a M4 instead of a SA80.

kind of weird, as we are a british soldier.

thanks

UKSF, Pathfinders and the SAS have been known to use the C8 CQG a Canadian assault carbine based on the US M4 for OBUA and room clearing. (it say as much in the mission task) that’s why you get the M4 on the room clearing training (you can also select them during the main campaign).

In-fact the C8 CQG is use a lot by a number of British army units, I did not want to add an addon dependency for just that gun however and since it is almost exactly the same as the M4 I thought with a little poetic licence (group of M4 purchased with the urgent operations requirement) the M4 would work fine.

As for the subtitles I'm working on getting them timed in to the speech and they will certainly be in a later release, it should only be unsubtitled in a few missions so I hope it dose not make it too difficult to under stand.

Edited by RCMW

Gave this a quick go before I head off to work, really looks solid so far! Excited to try more when I get home.

The detail level of the briefings and taskings is awesome, and I thought my mission briefings were lengthy ;)

another thing that can be improved - just a small tweak:

when an objective is complete, automatically set the next one as assigned.

thanks.

I'm just arrived in Takistan, and loving this campaign already!

a must have, just like the ones from Zipper5!

when an objective is complete, automatically set the next one as assigned.

Yeah, some missions have that, some don't. The briefings and text need some spell checking, but otherwise intense and immersive missions. :)

another thing:

you should remove the automatic dialogs.

use this command in your init for each mission:

{_x setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations",true];} forEach allUnits;

and last thing here:

it's weird, cause sometimes, you use the radio command (sideradio, commandradio etc...) and sometimes the chat (sidechat, commandchat etc...)

Edited by Wiki

I was thinking about suggesting both a spell check and the noCoreConversations thing, but y'all guys beat me to it. Wiki to hear your impressions upon arrival in the 'stan has me really pumped to play more!

use this command in your init for each mission:

{_x setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations",true];} forEach allUnits;

So um...well..........um....what does this do exactly? Looks very useful and important........AND, if I whisper this to my wife's ear during the night...will I get lucky?

Yep, onto spell and grammar checking, to be honest the final testing phase was kinda rushed because of the release of Arma 3, I wanted to get it out there.

As for the say/radio side of things I generally wanted to just use “say†when talking, “radio†when over the radio but I think there is some misplaced commands about.

As for the select next objective, on some missions this is a deliberate choice so the player picks the order in which to go about them, in others (like on Day 1) its because I forgot lol.

Didn’t know about the command noCoreConversations, just hadn’t come across it, ill add that too, thanks.

no problem.

about people talking, use the command directSay.

Ok, what I'm working on now.

*Spell and grammar check.

*Say/radio commands and subtitle bugs.

*More auto saves at key points.

*Removing CoreConversations

*Correcting any game braking bugs people find.

*Testing balance on game endings

What I plan to do with this campaign

*More voice acting (maybe conversations with your men or another Pathfinder unit that can give you tips on how to complete missions).

*Another mission, Day 70: assist a large British attack on the central Takistani mountain, calling in fire support on fixed positions that pin down advancing British troops.

*Additional random elements I've always though randomisation adds a lot to replay-ablity and although the campaign has some at the moment I would like to add a lot more.

Edited by RCMW

Been playing the first missions, and loving this campaign so far!!!

A few problems I have encountered in mission Day21: Contact

I got to the recommended OP and after taking out the blocking positions I called a massive artillery barrage on the target village. I killed everyone and the objective to capture it was marked as accomplished, but not the objective to support allies in doing so. Nevertheless, I got to the UN base and finished the mission. Kind of minor trouble..:P

What I really can't get into is fire support. Artillery is terribly inaccurate, and those left\right and distance corrections doesn't seem to fix it much. It rather fires always 20-30 metres too far and to the right. And air support...man, I call for it, activate the laser marker, aim to the target and select the Mark Target option, but...when I select LGB, nothing happens, no airplanes arrive. And when I choose JDAM, well...most of the times the planes are shot down, and when they fire they totally miss the target.

You need to turn the laser on and then select another action to send the target.

On Day 66 - Logistics: The F-35 crash after every flight (first time it happened to me) and I lost two guys in an ambush, however one of them was actually alive, just not in my squad anymore and the Man down task was marked on his position instead of the guy that was actually dead.

Also when I brought the ammo truck to the artillery and got the task checked, it got unchecked after I moved the truck and I couldn't recheck it again. Should mention we're supposed to leave the trucks there...?

Edited by Outlawz7

You need to turn the laser on and then select another action to send the target.

On Day 66 - Logistics: The F-35 crash after every flight (first time it happened to me) and I lost two guys in an ambush, however one of them was actually alive, just not in my squad anymore and the Man down task was marked on his position instead of the guy that was actually dead.

Also when I brought the ammo truck to the artillery and got the task checked, it got unchecked after I moved the truck and I couldn't recheck it again. Should mention we're supposed to leave the trucks there...?

Yes you need to leave the trucks at the locations, I will edit the briefing to make it more clear. Also the trigger should be repeatable allowing you to move the truck back but it may not be, ill check.

The mistake on the man down will be an error with the script targeting the wrong team member, a simple fix but one I would not have noticed thank you :).

Not sure abut the F-35, it has not crashed for me but ill run the mission a few time and try and see what’s wrong.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Been playing the first missions, and loving this campaign so far!!!

A few problems I have encountered in mission Day21: Contact

I got to the recommended OP and after taking out the blocking positions I called a massive artillery barrage on the target village. I killed everyone and the objective to capture it was marked as accomplished, but not the objective to support allies in doing so. Nevertheless, I got to the UN base and finished the mission. Kind of minor trouble..:P

What I really can't get into is fire support. Artillery is terribly inaccurate, and those left\right and distance corrections doesn't seem to fix it much. It rather fires always 20-30 metres too far and to the right. And air support...man, I call for it, activate the laser marker, aim to the target and select the Mark Target option, but...when I select LGB, nothing happens, no airplanes arrive. And when I choose JDAM, well...most of the times the planes are shot down, and when they fire they totally miss the target.

Humm not sure why the air support is being shot down for you, they are probably crashing into something are you running it with any other addons at all? I tested it with CBA a sound mod and Bastcore and have had no issues. It may just be the dam arma AI pilot playing up.

As for supports they are supposed to be hard, not simply map click to kill. With the arty make sure you take into account your hight and get the right directional baring, over 100m 1 degree can make a big change. Remember you can guide the shells with your laser too.

The air-support is inaccurate if you use map-click, you have not shown the pilot the precise point where to drop the bomb. Map-click is for when you have no time or line of sight to give the strike a precise targets. Call the plane and then when it checks in (you get a radio message and text on the screen) use the laser to indicate the price point where you want the bomb to fall and it will hit true every time.

Also if you are having problems with the supports I would recommend you give the two training mission a 2nd play-though. They are made as introductions to the new supports.

Anyway if you are doing all of that and its still off I'm a little lost, I'll look it over and see if I can find anything amiss but its working for me just now.

Yep, I can't seam to get the F-35s to crash so I'm not sure what’s causing it. Ill keep looking but I suspect it may well be Arma 2s pilots AI is up to its normal tricks.

Edited by RCMW

On Day 75 - Capture, the task waypoints are all at 0/0 coords instead of the markers.

On Day 75 - Capture, the task waypoints are all at 0/0 coords instead of the markers.

Thanks again, fixed for next update

The core convo thing is really easy, just drop the line Wiki posted into each mission's init.sqf file.