Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

Helmet Cam + livestream to teammates

I made a small proof of concept about helmet cam + HUD and stream to your teammates.

Hopefully we can see something like this in the final game :)

EQ0nWp4zXqo

very nice idea man, sadly my pc can't handle pip very well and when it uses it i drop about 20 frames lol.

Looks pretty cool. Why did the AI guy look all jittery though?

So much potential for some truly spooky nights on my STALKER island..! Can you imagine using this amazing addon to overwatch a team mate clearing out a Bloodsucker infested village at night in the thunder and rain..!

Actually KrAziKilla, if you could somehow also relay the sound from the cam too that'd be unreal... :)

Keep it up man, looking amazing..!

I love it. Especially that the camera is actually mounted to the right of the helmet - it's not just the other character's view rendered.

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

Just wanted to show that its possible.

Problem is yet, i can mount the cam "only" on the body, but the head movement is not registered. Hope i can find a solution for that.

@BIS Devs:

Can we see something like that in release?

Actually KrAziKilla, if you could somehow also relay the sound from the cam too that'd be unreal... :)

Keep it up man, looking amazing..!

I am afraid there is no possibility to record and stream sound ingame. But isnt the voice radio enough?

Helmet cam is great but how about fiber optic cams for checking rooms prior to room clearance etc.

This thing could work, with more work ofc. I do like the idea ALOT

That looks great, but since I already have performance issues, I wouldn't be able to use it. Nice work!

Wow, That's amazing work. I hope they impliment it in the game! They should also think about putting robots in, like the ones our guy's use in iraq / afghanistan with the SAW on 'em. That's be cool too.

Mind = blown! Would be nice if you could tag them like A-1 A-2 A-3 etc for teamleaders..:)

I've been thinking of all the potential this has since I first saw the feed in Infantry Showcase. The helmet cam it self seems a bit much, but imagine if it was attached to your squad leader or marksman's binoculars, or combine this with the UAV I've seen in YouTube videos of Arma 2 (no idea what mod it was). So many awesome possibilities!

Thanks for doing this proof of concept. I really can't wait to see what the modders do with this functionality.

I've been thinking of all the potential this has since I first saw the feed in Infantry Showcase. The helmet cam it self seems a bit much, but imagine if it was attached to your squad leader or marksman's binoculars, or combine this with the UAV I've seen in YouTube videos of Arma 2 (no idea what mod it was). So many awesome possibilities!

Thanks for doing this proof of concept. I really can't wait to see what the modders do with this functionality.

All of that and more. On a less high-tech note, you could use this to relay intel to artillery, CAS, strike pilots, etc. Even being able to send still images for this purpose would be fantastic.

Excellent work!

...The helmet cam it self seems a bit much, but imagine if it was attached to your squad leader or marksman's binoculars, or combine this with the UAV I've seen in YouTube videos of Arma 2 (no idea what mod it was). So many awesome possibilities!

Actually as at least the OPFOR helmets have some kind of HUD, i dont think it seems "much".

Also as on the helmet models already some cams are modelled i think its just how it might work on release :)

It seems like i can release it in a few days :) Improved very much already.

we're happy that you're happy :p