Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

Hey all.

A new version of the FHQ M4 pack is available for download on our web page. This pack contains a variety of different M4A1 configurations including M203 variants in four basic camo patterns (black, winter, desert, woodland)

If you have any questions or problems, don't hesitate to ask :)

Have fun!

IMPORTANT - please read: Version 1.4 and beyond depends on the FHQ Accessory Pack and will not work without it. You MUST have it installed in order to use this. The Accessory pack adds items like the AN/PEQ-15 and ACOG scope to the fray. Also, the new version 1.8 depends on Robalo's ASDG Joint Rail system (Armaholic download link).

UPDATE: new version released. Current version is 1.10.

V1.10 changes:

• Changed configs to be compatible with 1.24/Bootcamp update
  • Different firing and GL reload sounds
  • Tweaked config settings for silencer, now the suppressed M4′s bullet retains its speed.

Download:

FriedenHQ

Armaholic

Play withSix

Older changes:

V1.9 changes:

• Model tweaks. I have reworked some parts of the models. A few sharp edges were rounded a bit, the end of the iron sight/carry handle was made round like the original, magazine interior was modified, and a few other changes.
  • Some work on the SMDI and normal maps to remove so weird looking spots, and removed the shading from the magazine top to hide the weird dark line while reloading.
  • Now come with custom reload animation, with separate anims for standing and prone reload. I admit I liked the Project Reality reload, so I went for a similar look.
  • Proper icons for all variants.

v1.8 changes:

v1.7 changes:

• Added new (preliminary) sound effects
  • Compatible with Arma 3 Beta
  • New random muzzle flash

v1.6 changes:

v1.5 changes:

• New variant with Magpul angled foregrip
  • Now comes with server key/signatures (untested, please provide feedback)
  • Fixed missing sound effects after update
  • Tweaked the front post and carrying handle to reflect the original better

V1.4 changes:

• Some tweaks in the hand position of the M203 version. Now the arm should no longer stretch painfully when using side-stepped aim.
  • Now depends on the FHQ Accessory pack.
  • Fixed missing icon for the woodland variant with silencer, side and top rail.

V1.3 changes:

• Tweaked the hand position to reduce the angle and clipping
  • Added magazine reload animations
  • Fixed shading issue with the M203 leaf sight.
  • Tweaked M203 aim points so that the view is no obstructed by the sights.
  • Fixed "rubber arm" issue

V1.2 changes:

• New variant M4A1 M203 with an underbarrel M203 grenade launcher, in four camos
  • New custom silencer in four colors (black, tan, green and white).
  • Customized hand anims for all variants.
  • Reworked recoil for standard and suppressed fire.
  • Reworked some of the aspects of the models to be more in line with the real M4.
  • Some pre-configured variants in the ammo crate.
  • New Magazines: Tracer Red, Green, Yellow and IR.

V1.1 changes:

• Complete retexture by Fluttershy (Thanks Fluttershy, awesome work)
  • New camo variant: Winter/Urban
  • Working fire select switch. Selector switch will flip according to the fire mode of the weapon.
  • Fixed a nasty issue with floating magazines and other visual artifacts caused by using the same name for Mode land Skeleton in model.cfg. Thanks to M4Mkey for his help in tracking this one down, he managed to find a way to 100% reproduce the issue.
  • Rescaled the weapons by around 6% to their proper size.

Edited by Alwarren
New Release

Hey mate, just installed these and I like what I see. I'm not sure if you already are aware of it but the weapon thermal texture is not able to load when I preview the weapons in the editor, everything else works fine regardless of that error.

I will have a look at improving your texture just for my own personal use, they are decent and work well enough so don't take it the wrong way. I was trying all day to bring across the M16A4 from Arma 1 (got the model done, couldn't for the life of me get the config working), so instead I made a helmet to go with the UCP addon that was released today or yesterday. Thank you for releasing these, I saw you had said it would be a few days so I am glad to have what you have got so far.

Thank you,

Austin.

The weapons are great and they do indeed work just fine. Is it possible that you could add short barrel variants? Would be nice to have those to go along with your m4A1's.

Anyone got a picture?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560969195569485470/1A11E90C02A4921A7021CD74F5784C97BF485C33/

Not the best picture showing it off, but its the only one I remembered to take. Models are decent, and the things he pointed out above are true enough. Past that, attachments work well and the gun itself is quite fun to use.

EDIT: Picture might be too massive, hidden it in a spoiler atm but it might get moderated.

Edited by Foxhound
hiding an image over 100KB in a spoiler is not the right way!

The weapons are great and they do indeed work just fine. Is it possible that you could add short barrel variants? Would be nice to have those to go along with your m4A1's.
Doesn't seem to make much difference unless there's actually barrel length simulation with muzzle velocity in the alpha...

Looks nice mate.

Thanks for the release.

I think we have our "modern warfare" solution all along! I'm actually all-aboard the "future warfare" bandwagon, but this is a cool mod that you've done, and rather conveniently the main optics in the alpha are real-world or close-to-real-world enough that they don't look out of place at all on your M4-types.

The suppressor looks exaggeratedly long relative to the weapon, but your Web site link implies that all you did there was take the vanilla suppressor, make it compatible with your M4-types using the muzzle proxy and rename it.

Alwarren! I love you! Not in "that way" but for real. THANK YOU for giving us an M4!

ermagerd Alwarren - they are sooo pretty.

I would like to send ya a small "retexture" of them if thats okay with you.

And i am beggin you to get your FHQ Remingtons to A3 for us, so we can enjoy the recoily goodness of several longrange weaponsystems

Edited by fluttershy

I will have a look at improving your texture just for my own personal use, they are decent and work well enough so don't take it the wrong way

No worries :)

Ah and yeah, I forgot the thermal texture...

saw you had said it would be a few days so I am glad to have what you have got so far./QUOTE]

Since I don't have to do 100 of variants anymore, things go faster :)

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

Is it possible that you could add short barrel variants? Would be nice to have those to go along with your m4A1's.

Thinking about it. I certainly wanted to have more variants like with a grenade launcher, without frontgrip, and maybe an angled front grip. Maybe also more camos.

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

The suppressor looks exaggeratedly long relative to the weapon, but your Web site link implies that all you did there was take the vanilla suppressor, make it compatible with your M4-types using the muzzle proxy and rename it.

Yeah, I might add another one later, but I was waiting to see whether something in the requipment/rail system changes.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thanks a lot Foxhound :)

ermagerd Alwarren - they are sooo pretty.

I would like to send ya a small "retexture" of them if thats okay with you.

Sure, go ahead. As I said, texturing is still not my strong point :)

And i am beggin you to get your FHQ Remingtons to A3 for us, so we can enjoy the recoily goodness of several longrange weaponsystems

Upcoming, but I think I'll re-unwrap the RSASS (it's a mess right now) and I will probably remodel the XM2010 since I have some... objections against the model.

Hello

Very nice work , i love the m4 serie:)

Everything works fine except a little error message about one texture that can't be loaded when i launch from editor, but good job anyway :yay:

This is kind of a useless idea/request, but it'd be cool if for one of the custom camos, for whoever works on the texturing, if you could put the opfor style hexagonal digital camo (Look at the opfor truck with the large windows to understand this) on it. I think it'd look pretty cool, and even make the M4 feel like a mix between futuristic and modern.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, really appreciated.

@Qbert Yeah I thought about that, but the attempt failed miserably :)

Great mod, but there are two things you should look into changing. First not sure if anyone else had this problem but the mags float above my head and arnt in the weapon. Second thing is the kick of the weapon is to high for a 5.56 weapon, its more towards the 7.62 and it shouldnt be.

Great mod, but there are two things you should look into changing. First not sure if anyone else had this problem but the mags float above my head and arnt in the weapon.

Never seen this to be honest, and I wouldn't really know why that is the case. Certainly does't happen to me.

Second thing is the kick of the weapon is to high for a 5.56 weapon, its more towards the 7.62 and it shouldnt be.

Yeah it is using the kickbacks of the 6.5 mm ammo. That happens if you just copy the config :) I'll fix it in the next release.

I can confirm that "floating parts (mag and whatnot)" bug, it worked fine when I was screwing around in the editor but when I played a MP mission in which I selected the weapon from a scripted ammo box it went all ape-shit on me.

can you use this on multiplayer?

not sure how the additional content works....i have the missions like waseland and air cavalry but not tried the weapons ect yet will these work on multiplayer?

Can someone post a screenshot of the issue? I wouldn't erally know what could be causing this

@marcushague it should work in a multiplayer mission if the mission makes use of it.

so say a standard multiplayer mission i just load it up same as i do the missions in the mission folder? and if its usable i can find it ?