Sign in to follow this  
solus84

Arma iii has stopped working/ bsod what i did to fix mine

Created an account to post troubleshooting I did to fix my crashing issues. Maybe it will help others I've seen with similar issues. Try these one at a time til you figure out whats crashing it.

1) Disable any overclocking that you have setup (CPU/GPU)

2) Zone Alarm & Ariva free antivirus disabled or uninstalled. This did not apply to me but read on multiple threads of these causing crashes.

3)Go to arma 3 installation folder (default install location 64-bit c:/program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/arma 3) right click the arma3.exe go to properties, click the compatibility tab then click the box next to "Run this as an administrator" then click ok.

4) Create a shortcut to arma 3.exe (default install location 64-bit c:/program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/arma 3) right click go to properties, then at the end of the target line add -nobenchmark (make sure to put a space before the dash) This helps with computers that cant handle the high default video settings. If that doesn't work replace -nobenchmark with -winxp.

5) Make sure your directx is up to date

6) Install the beta drivers from your video card manufacturer. (V13.2 for my ATI card) I believe this is what fixed mine, I went from crashing every 5-10 mins to not a single onein 2 hours.

ATI - http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_13.2_Beta7.exe

Nvidia - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx (make sure to select beta in the Recommended/Beta: section.

I hope this helps somebody. Post any other fixes that may help someone and let me know if I need to correct anything.

_Solus_

Edited by Solus84

all done, the game does not work for me :(

2g4xE.jpg

After...

2g4yS.jpg

i5 3570k

Sapphire HD 7850 1Go

AsRock P67 pro (Rev. B3)

Game already uninstall/reinstall.

I do not know what i can do, but thank you anyway for the other players :)

That 75Hz refresh rate looks suspicious. Most LCDs can only do 60Hz. Check if yours can do that.

Same problem if i try with à 60hz refresh rate

2g5pJ.jpg

Any solution for my problem i think, must wait a Hotfix Patch of BIS... but to correct what ? I dont know where is the problem :(

Edit : I'll try to run the game with my computer connected to my TV with HDMI, actually i use a DVI/VGA adaptator like that : VGATODVI.jpg

I dont see where is the problem but I dont lose anything by trying :)

Edit : Same problem :(

Edited by Calat

Do you have the beta drivers installed? My friend was having similar issues before he installed the beta drivers.

you could try running it in windowed mode, then switch to fullscreen window once ingame, usually the easiest way to play on tv's.

Do you have the beta drivers installed? My friend was having similar issues before he installed the beta drivers.

Yup, i have beta driver already installed

you could try running it in windowed mode, then switch to fullscreen window once ingame, usually the easiest way to play on tv's.

Already try :(

Same problem if i try with à 60hz refresh rate

http://puu.sh/2g5pJ.jpg

Any solution for my problem i think, must wait a Hotfix Patch of BIS... but to correct what ? I dont know where is the problem :(

Edit : I'll try to run the game with my computer connected to my TV with HDMI, actually i use a DVI/VGA adaptator like that : http://www.zenith-computer.com/doc/VGATODVI.jpg

I dont see where is the problem but I dont lose anything by trying :)

Edit : Same problem :(

-Run in it Compatibility mode

-Verify Game Cache

-Re-install DirectX11

-Get an Nvidia Card lol

But seriously, it should be working. I think ive had this problem before with another game.

disabled the steam overlay? and all other overlays?