Sign in to follow this  
BlenderRUS

Advanced Vehicle Interaction

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1619/blendvi.jpg (250 kB)

Advanced Vehicle Interaction for ArmA 3 Alpha

Author: Blender

Current version: 0.9

Installation/Usage:

- Unpack blend_avi-arma3_v09.rar to your ArmA 3 directory

(should be like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamApps\common\Arma3\@blend_vehInt)

- Start Arma 3 with parameter: -mod=@blend_vehInt;

- Place Adv. Vehicle Interaction module on the map in editor

- You can access VI menu by pressing SHIFT+E keys

Its not a final version due to Arma 3 alpha status.

Video:

Download (19,14Kb):

- ArmA3.RU

- RGHost.net

Awesome ... been waiting for this little beauty !

Been playing around with it and it is lovely, but could we get it as a proper addon where it is enabled for ALL vehicles without having to place it as a module ?

Cheers.

Keep up the great work !

Edited by Kremator

Looks great, also looks VBS2 ;) nice system..

Thank you for sharing it..:)

Wow, I was wondering if something like this would ever make an appearance in ArmA. Its such a useful feature in VBS. I think this might become one of my must-have mods if it works like it appears to in the video.

Or perhaps a way to press F2 then click on a interaction key to place them ? Possible to expand the interaction distance too ?

Awesome ... been waiting for this little beauty !

Been playing around with it and it is lovely, but could we get it as a proper addon where it is enabled for ALL vehicles without having to place it as a module ?

Cheers.

Keep up the great work !

I think this could be done using CBA/XEH.

Definable controls feature, distance and non-module version soon.

Awesome news. Thanks BlenderRus!

Very cool.

Is it possible to make it active in all missions without having to place module?

I think that is what he is going to do EDcase. Using CBA FTW !

This will be totally awesome when it happens. Now expand the idea to vehicles in a 400m area - getting your AI squad to enter a specific (AND MARKED!) car would be great - instead of guessing which vehicle that Ifrit @ 10 OClock is !

Awesome release! Is it possible to get this function to work without changing to 3rd person view? When we play we have disabled 3rd person view so that could probably make this addon not working?

Still messing around with this ... it is great. Any word on the script version so that we could add it into all missions ?

does this only work with the Developer version?...doesn't seem to work here...i tell my squad to get into chopper and i keep hitting shift+E but nothing happens.

I'm also running several other mods together...perhaps 1 of them is interfering. Im running the shac tactical hud mod, the fa_stance,tao_foldmap,fa_gps_watermark...ill test later to see if its one of these causing an incompatibility.

Edited by BigShot

does this only work with the Developer version?...doesn't seem to work here...i tell my squad to get into chopper and i keep hitting shift+E but nothing happens.

I'm also running several other mods together...perhaps 1 of them is interfering. Im running the shac tactical hud mod, the fa_stance,tao_foldmap,fa_gps_watermark...ill test later to see if its one of these causing an incompatibility.

is the module placed on the map?

yes i had the module in there...just getting home now so ill try removing the other mods to see if any are to blame...will report back in a few minutes with an edit here.

**Edit**Tested - well unless I'm doing something very wrong on my end (which I don't think I am)...it is definitily not working for me. I removed all other mods and I still can't gt it to work.

All I can assume here is that Nobody has tested this with the official alpha yet.

Edited by BigShot

What use would this mod have other than in Hostage and Vip Missions?

Couldn´t you create knobs and switches with this , which you can use in first person mode ? Like in TOH ? To interact with MFD´s or starting the aircraft manually ?

Any word on a script version BlenderRUS ? It would be awesome mate please.