Sign in to follow this  
Miltonatchet

ARMA 3 Alpha - 3D Editor

Could it be related to version ie Alfa or supporter edition? I have tried altt + E etc,,,

Nope I have tried so many combos of keys and nothing so far :( The man that uploaded the video said he used an "exploit" that Bohemia didn't think about in order to gain access to the 3D editor so now im lost :(

I used the 3D editor in arma 2 because it was extremely helpful for me to place objects accurately next to buildings etc. because im sure you're aware the Grey'd out rectangles and squares that represent buildings in the 2D editor definitely don't correspond to the actual objects size and shape. So previewing everytime you make a change to a placement is a F*ing pain the in the bum haha.

It's easy you just have to creat a mission.biedi file ( file format for 3d editor) and enter this in a shortcut "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\...\mission.biedi". ... is for the folder you put the mission file.

It's easy you just have to creat a mission.biedi file ( file format for 3d editor) and enter this in a shortcut "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\...\mission.biedi". ... is for the folder you put the mission file.

Mucksh, it doesnt run.

Can you post it in induvidual steps, please?

For example:

1st.: create a mission.biedi file (from an empty *.txt file?? )

2nd.: ....

thank you!

have a nice week guys!

this man speaks the truth.... it works great, well the method that is.... the editor itself needs ALOT of work :P

EDIT:

follow these steps:

1. download this http://puu.sh/2huMc

2. extract the downloaded acrhive to your C drive (C:/)

3. make a shortcut the to the arma3.exe on your desktop

4. change the full launch params to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" C:\Arma3.stratis\mission.biedi"

5. launch it and and enjoy the broken ass 3d editor

Edited by Stapo

Seems to be pretty much useless.. at least for me, I can't even save.

And now think that VBS2 not only got a fully functional 3D editor seamlessly integrated with 2D one. It also has real-time editor for a mission hosting admin that allows you to alter mission on the fly with the same tools. It's like being a DM in D&D right there.

So apparently we can get the 3D Editor just like it was in ArmA2, nothing changed but two things:

- BI made it unnecessarily cumbersome to start.

- BI made it unnecessarily more painful than before to work with.

whyyyyyy :confused:

Edited by Mr Burns

I followed this video to access the 3d editor:

I can't seem to get the 3d editor to work someone help!!! Please and thankyou

Ahhh Such Fun :D And amazing to see the community is still growing on a daily basis :D

And now think that VBS2 not only got a fully functional 3D editor seamlessly integrated with 2D one. It also has real-time editor for a mission hosting admin that allows you to alter mission on the fly with the same tools. It's like being a DM in D&D right there.

yep and the military customers that pay serious money demanded that. and they payed for alot of dev time to go into that. thats over a years worth of work to make it functional.

now if the community would pay for the dev time (probably 100,000USD +) on a post release editor we might get it

Surely you would think after partly building the 3D editor in A2 and OA they would get it right this time and maybe even release the tools at the same time ... not holding my breath ..

BI has gone corporate and it even shows in the VBS2 PE forums ..

Still don´t get why BI does not implement the VBS 3D editor in ArmA, it runs on the same code.

Still don´t get why BI does not implement the VBS 3D editor in ArmA, it runs on the same code.

no it does not, that has been made very very clear