Sign in to follow this  
kiory

Kiory's WIP Thread "Current Task: Scar Mk13* (May possibly to requests later on)

Allo people!

I am incredibly excited about Arma 3, it's reignited a spark since long lost, modelling.

The mission I'm currently working on requires the players to have backpacks of some kind, I would rather have my own unique items that I've created to make it feel much more personal.

Anyway, I just started this, the well known alice pack, a great piece of kit!

Front-7_zpse7fb6905.jpg

Side-2_zpsf4b5e6fa.jpg

Back-6_zpsdfd2bfd8.jpg

Yes, I know it lacks detail at the moment, but that's what this base mesh is for, I'll be bringing this into zBrush to sculpt all the needed details, then I'll work on a low poly etc, you know the drill.

C'mon folks', motivate me!

P.S, if all goes well and I actually manage to get this working ingame (I.E, I know the workflow of doing such), I may possibly take requests from people. But please note, I am just one person, if I'm getting spammed all the time then I'll just pick and choose what I want.

Edited by Kiory

Promising work ! Are you planning to do other Alice things ? like the belt or the components circa.

I was considering on doing the pouches next, like as a vest.

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

Current progress, taking some time, I was cooking food, then I had to eat it, stop judging me.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/kiory/2-11_zps488a7ca3.jpg (102 kB)

So, I got carried away on the stream, some of you would have already seen these being made.

Here are 7 variants of Alice Pack I came up with, some are totally just for fun and you won't have to use them...

th_2-11_zps3060d08c.jpg

th_3-9_zps3af9a23f.jpg

th_4-4_zps3a948df1.jpg

th_5-2_zpsc2b9e7a3.jpg

th_6-1_zpsdacb6cff.jpg

th_7-1_zps32b2c324.jpg

Basically I went the wrong way about unwrapping the model, and I couldn't be bothered to revert back and do it again, so I did this instead. I'll be going back tomorrow to re do the unwrap and bake the normals/ambient occlusion properly, feel free to leave feedback however, I had crazy fun doing this!

Streaming again, come join!

Nice variants on the Alice Pack, looks great :)

No idea yet, I've re worked the unwrap so it's a lot smoother now, we'll see.

So here we have my bag in game. Thanks to a Tenga over at the stream for the much needed config information in order to get this working, I would be at a loss without them.

Here it is, unfortunately the bags normal maps don't seem to be receiving any light, I have yet to determine why.

th_1-14_zps4709df93.jpg

Here it is in the inventory, I am yet to work on the icon for it.

th_2-11_zpsb926138b.jpg

Now this is where the weird stuff starts happening, I put it on my back and it doesn't show up, I have auto centered on the geometry, rigged it up to the same bones as the vest, so I'm really not sure what the issue is.

th_3-9_zps18214e80.jpg

And here it is spazzing out, it floats mid air when on the ground, and when you go near it, it start teleporting all over the place, it's quite funny actually, give it some character.

th_4-4_zps20811408.jpg

#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

#define true 1

#define false 0

class CfgPatches {

class My_Backpacks {

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.1;

requiredAddons[] = { "A3_Weapons_F" };

};

};

class cfgVehicles {

class ContainerSupply;

class Bag_Base;

class B_Bergen_Base; // External class reference

class MY_Backpack : B_Bergen_Base {

scope = public;

class TransportMagazines{};

class TransportWeapons{};

isbackpack = 1;

transportMaxWeapons = 1;

transportMaxMagazines = 13;

class DestructionEffects{};

displayName = "AP Bag";

model = "\AP\AP_Bag.p3d";

vehicleClass = "Backpacks";

allowedSlots[] = {901};

};

};

This is the current config file, I'm sure it's missing quite a bit that could help alleviate some of these issues, if there's anyone out there that knows of anything that could help, please come forward, I'm anxious to get this finished and move on to my next piece!

Thanks in advance.

Also note, texture is place holder, I didn't realize the texture resolution on BI's models, it's only 512x512, I'll be amping that right up!

Starting the stream up in a bit, if anyone wants to come along and help me out with this, I'd appreciate it.

http://www.multiupload.nl/LQ5A6K5HKG

I'm uploading the alice pack as is, it's all working, it looks a bit off but it was mainly a test bed to get used to the whole arma workflow, which has been a bumpy ride to say the least, I'll be updating it eventually with higher resolution texture, proper scaling etc.

You are free to use it as you please, edit it, make your own texture yada yada.

I'm moving on to a new project, a beret as requested by BigPickle.

The stream is still up so you can watch me make it etc, hope to see you there!

http://www.multiupload.nl/LQ5A6K5HKG

I'm uploading the alice pack as is, it's all working, it looks a bit off but it was mainly a test bed to get used to the whole arma workflow, which has been a bumpy ride to say the least, I'll be updating it eventually with higher resolution texture, proper scaling etc.

You are free to use it as you please, edit it, make your own texture yada yada.

I'm moving on to a new project, a beret as requested by BigPickle.

The stream is still up so you can watch me make it etc, hope to see you there!

Thank you very much for this !

It won't let me update the title on this thread, so I'm posting here to let you all know that I'm working on a beret now, which should be implemented in game today at some point, stream will be up in a few!

It won't let me update the title on this thread, so I'm posting here to let you all know that I'm working on a beret now, which should be implemented in game today at some point, stream will be up in a few!

Updated the title for you. Feel free to PM me if you want title changes in the future.

Hello again folks!

I've been a busy bee over a Twitch, currently working on a CZ 83, some of you may have seen this, but some of you may have not so I though I'd post it here for good measure. Just the high poly at the moment, low poly, textures and all that jazz tomorrow.

It was a request from a fella whose name escapes my memory right now, anyway, here's what I got for ya.

th_2-11_zps135e8fa0.jpg

th_5-2_zps227380d6.jpg

th_1-14_zps2ab792cd.jpg

th_4-4_zps599d6d17.jpg

th_6-1_zps0af1e4e2.jpg

(Yes, the safety is still up in this shot, couldn't be arsed moving it just for the render)

th_7-1_zpseea6aae4.jpg

Please note that a lot of detail is kinda lost in these renders, should of stuck with screen caps to be honest, hey ho.

Let me know what you think, cheers!

Edited by Kiory

Come join me over at the stream, I'm working on the low poly of this bad boy!

Link is on the first post somewhere.