fer

F3 Mission Development Framework (F2 for ArmA 3)

logo_f3_135x.png

F3 Mission Development Framework for Arma 3

F3 v3-4-1 Released (ACRE2/ACRE/TFR/Zeus Ready)

The F3 team is pleased to announce the release of v3-4-1 of its mission development framework, which now supports APEX. As ever, optional support for Zeus and popular mods ACRE2 and TFR is included.

The producers of this release were Wolfenswan and Fer. We would also like to thank the following communities for their assistance: Folk ARPS | Team One Tactical

If your community uses F3 (or uses it as part of your own mission framework), we'd really love to hear from you. Perhaps there are things you've created that could feature in a future release of F3 itself? Let us know who you are with a comment or post.

Download F3 from:
- http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f3/en/(English version) (PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR)

Discuss F3 at:
- BI Forums (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149231-F3-Mission-Development-Framework-(F2-for-ArmA-3))
- Folk ARPS Forums (http://www.folkarps.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=44)

From the README.md file:

3-4-1 | 19 JUL 2016

Added F3 Gendarmerie component, with support for this added to:
- Briefing Template component.
- F3 Folk ARPS Assign Gear Script component.
- F3 Folk ARPS Group Markers component.
- F3 Folk ARPS Group IDs component.
Updated F3 Folk ARPS Assign Gear Script component:
- Various minor fixes.
Updated F3 Folk ARPS Platoons component:
- Fixed issues with order of Syndikat slots.
Updated Insignia component:
- Automatically supports mission-maker placed Pacific units (NATO and CSAT).
Updated Mission Header component documentation.

About F3

The F3 Mission Development Framework (F3) is the successor to the popular F2 and BAS f mission development frameworks for Arma 2 and Arma. The new framework contains many of the features you know from F2, updated to work with Arma 3 and with new components that take advantage of the new game's special features.

For downloads and to find out more please see our online manual:

Edited by fer
  • Like 3

Thanks for this, one problem so far though. The teleport works but it doesn't show up in my action menu, it's there but it's invisible. I scroll off my handgun onto an invisible option then click and it enables it. I have f_mapClickTeleport.sqf and f_missonMakerTeleport.sqf both in the f/common/ directory.

I have:

f_missionMakerTeleport = 1;
[] execVM "f\common\f_missionMakerTeleport.sqf";

in my init.sqf, and I have the stringtable.xml in my mission folder.

Any ideas why it's not showing up in the action menu?

Any ideas why it's not showing up in the action menu?

clydefrog - are you using all of F3, or have you attempted to extract just the files for this component and add them to your mission? If you can, please PM me a link to a downloadable copy of your mission folder (ZIP'd) and I'll try to look at it when home next.

UPDATE: Did not work with developer build for me. Reverted and it worked again

I am still getting "no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.'."

Last night I edited a mission fine but now when I open it I get an error saying that I can't edit the mission because some downloaded content was deleted: "A3_Soft_F_Galkin".

I also get what looks like a scripting error on line 135 in A3\functions_f\systems\fn_supplydrop.sqf.

I should say that I was and am using the dev build, I'm going to try the normal version.

Edited by aPerfectMisterMan

The Galkin error has to do with the dev build they changed it from galkin to ifrit.

However, the dev build completely broke my missions as well with this method. Seemed to be working fine and then I realized that none of the Iran soldiers had a uniform. Was pretty comical. I was also getting an error with the NATO diver suits. I don't think this is a problem of the F3 framework, but it looks like some class names got changed in the latest dev build. It's a headache to track all of these errors down so I just reverted for now and everything is working fine.

Couple things I've noted.

For some inexplicable reason sometimes my loadouts don't save from mission to mission. For example, I got one mission loaded exactly how I wanted. When I was ready to move to the next mission I copy and pasted that mission and would begin moving units, etc. Then when I would load in game the loadouts aren't working again. This is primarily for the Iran side. Any other time is because I forgot a ; somewhere. I have tried piecing missions back together and it seems to have something to do with the mission file itself. Copy and pasting all of the f_gear files doesn't seem to fix any loadout issues from one mission to another. I'm really not sure on this one.

Typos:

In f_assignGear_attach.sqf

case _diverWep:
{
	if(!isnil "_diverWep_attach") then
	{
		_wepItems = primaryWeaponItems _unit;
		{
			_unit removeItemFromPrimaryWeapon _x;
			_unit removeItem _x;
		} foreach _wepItems;
		{
			_unit addPrimaryWeaponItem _x;
		} foreach _SNrifle_attach;
	};
};

should be

case _diverWep:
{
	if(!isnil "_diverWep_attach") then
	{
		_wepItems = primaryWeaponItems _unit;
		{
			_unit removeItemFromPrimaryWeapon _x;
			_unit removeItem _x;
		} foreach _wepItems;
		{
			_unit addPrimaryWeaponItem _x;
		} foreach _diverWep_attach;
	};
};

I believe there were also some typos in the group namings for the Blufor side, but I forgot to write down exactly where. The unit's rankings seemed unset as well. Commander being a private, etc. (Unless that auto changes in game I never checked.)

Did not work with developer build for me. Reverted and it worked again

We're developing against the stable build, so you may encounter issues when running with Dev.

I am still getting "no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.'."

That's an issue we're looking into; can't tell if it's F3 or A3 yet.

Last night I edited a mission fine but now when I open it I get an error saying that I can't edit the mission because some downloaded content was deleted: "A3_Soft_F_Galkin".

As you noted, this is a stable/dev A3 issue, not an F3 one.

I also get what looks like a scripting error on line 135 in A3\functions_f\systems\fn_supplydrop.sqf.

That code is part of A3, not F3 - perhaps you should post a ticket with BI?

For some inexplicable reason sometimes my loadouts don't save from mission to mission. For example, I got one mission loaded exactly how I wanted. When I was ready to move to the next mission I copy and pasted that mission and would begin moving units, etc. Then when I would load in game the loadouts aren't working again. This is primarily for the Iran side. Any other time is because I forgot a ; somewhere. I have tried piecing missions back together and it seems to have something to do with the mission file itself. Copy and pasting all of the f_gear files doesn't seem to fix any loadout issues from one mission to another. I'm really not sure on this one.

Hard to say what's happening here, especially as I'm not sure what you mean by 'copying the mission'. Do you mean taking the whole mission folder, copying it, and then renaming both the mission folder and the changing the name in the mission.sqm file? Saving a mission with a new name in the editor will not copy across all the F3 files - and if you do this and manually copy across the F3 files, you must ensure *all* of them are copied over. It's generally safer to begin with a clean copy of F3, then merge in any previous-mission content in the editor.

Typos: ... In f_assignGear_attach.sqf

Thanks - will look to fix this in v3-0-1.

I believe there were also some typos in the group namings for the Blufor side, but I forgot to write down exactly where.

We'll do some checking!

The unit's rankings seemed unset as well. Commander being a private, etc. (Unless that auto changes in game I never checked.)

This is an error on our part; you can expect it to be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for the reports, folks; we'll update you as soon as a new build is out!

clydefrog - are you using all of F3, or have you attempted to extract just the files for this component and add them to your mission? If you can, please PM me a link to a downloadable copy of your mission folder (ZIP'd) and I'll try to look at it when home next.

I just take some components and their required files from the main thing and use what I need. Anyways it's working properly now, the editor must have just needed a restart.

Edited by clydefrog

Hard to say what's happening here, especially as I'm not sure what you mean by 'copying the mission'. Do you mean taking the whole mission folder, copying it, and then renaming both the mission folder and the changing the name in the mission.sqm file? Saving a mission with a new name in the editor will not copy across all the F3 files - and if you do this and manually copy across the F3 files, you must ensure *all* of them are copied over. It's generally safer to begin with a clean copy of F3, then merge in any previous-mission content in the editor.

Yeah. Once I tweaked everything the way I wanted in mission 1 I was just copy/pasting the actual mission folder and changing the names for mission 2. Then tweaking from that point on. Mostly because I made some edits to your default units and it was saving time in redoing those edits again. Same with loadouts and other things. Jokes on me because it wasn't always working and I'd have to redo it from scratch anyway haha. I can't seem to reproduce the problem and it appears to be tied to mission.sqm anyway. So I'll just have to start with the base F3 framework and drop my changes over manually for now. Thanks for the response!

Once again great work fer on the F3 framework, it's always a joy to read your code.

Remark on the Respawn init you use.

Currently it is being added through an eventhandler on "killed", i suggest you move to "Respawn". I wanted to reload the gearscript after respawning using respawn method 3 (base).

(required a bit of tweaking since you moved the gearscript to a fnc and use call now, but it's doable :) )

However when calling it through the respawinit.sqf it did not work until i changed it into "Respawn". Just a heads up ;)

Weird stuff happened when using "killed", my old corpse would actually start loading in the gear and things like that.

Oh and exiting the spectator script seems not to work very well, but that is probably due to the buggy state it is currently in.

Regards FreeFire

Edited by FreeFire

I have error this. "No Entry cfg/weapons "

^ not an F3 error! This is a problem with BIS messed up configs in the Alpha

logo_f3_135x.png

F3 Mission Development Framework for ArmA 3

F3 v3-0-1 Released

From the ReadMe.md file:

3-0-1 | 17 MAR 2013

Fixed diver attachment bug with F3 Folk ARPS Assign Gear Script component.

Fixed ranks and typos with F3 Folk ARPS Platoons component.

Missle cam no longer on by default in Kegetys Spectator Script component.

Updated F3 Folk ARPS Assign Gear Script component to include backpack options by parameter (off/light/heavy).

Updated F3 Folk ARPS Assign Gear Script component so Rifelman (AT) role has a launcher.

Special thanks to comrade scripting heroes Head, Wolfenswan and Harakka; thanks also to Zerith from the BI forums.

3-0-0 | 10 MAR 2013

Migrated Naming Your Mission component.

Migrated Mission Header component.

Migrated Respawn Settings component.

Migrated Respawn INIT component.

Migrated (and renamed) Briefing Template component.

Migrated ReadMe File Template component.

Migrated Debug Mode component.

Migrated Disable Saving and Auto Saving component.

Migrated (and renamed) F3 Common Local Variables component.

Migrated Join Group Action component.

Migrated Kegetys Spectator Script component.

Migrated Mission Observers component.

Migrated Multiplayer Ending Controller component.

Migrated ORBAT Notes component.

Migrated Sample Markers component.

Migrated ShackTactical Fireteam Member Markers component.

Migrated AI Skill Selector (A&D) component.

Migrated AI Skill Selector (coop) component.

Migrated Authorised Crew Check component.

Migrated Authorised Crew Type Check component.

Migrated Automatic Body Removal component.

Migrated Casualties Cap component.

Migrated Casualties Cap (Advanced) component.

Migrated Dynamic View Distance component.

Migrated Group E&E Check component.

Migrated Mission Maker Teleport component.

Migrated Name Tags component.

Migrated (and renamed) F3 Folk ARPS Platoons component.

Migrated (and renamed) F3 Folk ARPS Assign Gear Script component.

Migrated (and renamed) F3 Folk ARPS Group IDs component.

Migrated (and renamed) F3 Folk ARPS Group Markers component.

Migrated (and renamed) F3 Folk ARPS JIP Reinforcement Options component.

Part-migrated Mission Conditions Selector component.

Removed Disable BIS Conversations component.

Removed Preplaced Game Logics component.

Removed ACRE Support component.

Removed Automatic Body Removal (FIFO) component.

Removed Construction Interface (COIN) Presets component.

Removed Trip Flare component.

Removed Gear Snippets component.

Added Loading Screen component.

Special thanks to comrade scripting hero Head, who's heroic work during the first week of the ArmA 3 Alpha made this early release possible. Thanks also to comrade Harakka. These comrades are awesome! Thanks also to all at Folk ARPS.

About F3

The F3 Mission Development Framework (F3) is the successor to the popular F2 and BAS f mission development frameworks for ArmA 2 and ArmA. The new framework contains many of the features you know from F2, updated to work with ArmA 3 Alpha; new components which take advantage of the new game's special features are planned.

Edited by Fer

Thanks for the awesome work! Really nice code, perfect for a beginner like me.

I´ve got a pretty dumb problem: When I try to edit my mission with the MP-Editor it just does nothing. What´s wrong with that? I just copied the f3-files and made some changes to them (like shown on the wiki).

Edited by Dr_Cox1911

put the F3 mission folder in your My Documents > Arma 3 other profiles > yourname > MPMissions folder

Create new MP game, the F3 mission should show up as blue and when you select it you'll get an edit button at bottom

Make changes, hit save, voila. Make sure your mission folder name is not too long (ie > 30 characters) as Arma will screw it up and create a new mission folder with just the mission.sqm file inside.

logo_f3_135x.png

F3 Mission Development Framework for ArmA 3

F3 v3-0-2 Released

From the ReadMe.md file:

3-0-2 | 25 MAR 2013

Updated to reflect revised OPFOR uniform classnames.

Updated to reflect revised name for Ifrit.

Development of Mission Conditions Selector component (new functionality not yet enabled).

Special thanks to comrade scripting heroes Head, Wolfenswan and Harakka.

3-0-1 | 17 MAR 2013

Fixed diver attachment bug with F3 Folk ARPS Assign Gear Script component.

Fixed ranks and typos with F3 Folk ARPS Platoons component.

Missle cam no longer on by default in Kegetys Spectator Script component.

Updated F3 Folk ARPS Assign Gear Script component to include backpack options by parameter (off/light/heavy).

Updated F3 Folk ARPS Assign Gear Script component so Rifelman (AT) role has a launcher.

Special thanks to comrade scripting heroes Head, Wolfenswan and Harakka; thanks also to Zerith from the BI forums.

3-0-0 | 10 MAR 2013

Migrated Naming Your Mission component.

Migrated Mission Header component.

Migrated Respawn Settings component.

Migrated Respawn INIT component.

Migrated (and renamed) Briefing Template component.

Migrated ReadMe File Template component.

Migrated Debug Mode component.

Migrated Disable Saving and Auto Saving component.

Migrated (and renamed) F3 Common Local Variables component.

Migrated Join Group Action component.

Migrated Kegetys Spectator Script component.

Migrated Mission Observers component.

Migrated Multiplayer Ending Controller component.

Migrated ORBAT Notes component.

Migrated Sample Markers component.

Migrated ShackTactical Fireteam Member Markers component.

Migrated AI Skill Selector (A&D) component.

Migrated AI Skill Selector (coop) component.

Migrated Authorised Crew Check component.

Migrated Authorised Crew Type Check component.

Migrated Automatic Body Removal component.

Migrated Casualties Cap component.

Migrated Casualties Cap (Advanced) component.

Migrated Dynamic View Distance component.

Migrated Group E&E Check component.

Migrated Mission Maker Teleport component.

Migrated Name Tags component.

Migrated (and renamed) F3 Folk ARPS Platoons component.

Migrated (and renamed) F3 Folk ARPS Assign Gear Script component.

Migrated (and renamed) F3 Folk ARPS Group IDs component.

Migrated (and renamed) F3 Folk ARPS Group Markers component.

Migrated (and renamed) F3 Folk ARPS JIP Reinforcement Options component.

Part-migrated Mission Conditions Selector component.

Removed Disable BIS Conversations component.

Removed Preplaced Game Logics component.

Removed ACRE Support component.

Removed Automatic Body Removal (FIFO) component.

Removed Construction Interface (COIN) Presets component.

Removed Trip Flare component.

Removed Gear Snippets component.

Added Loading Screen component.

Special thanks to comrade scripting hero Head, who's heroic work during the first week of the ArmA 3 Alpha made this early release possible. Thanks also to comrade Harakka. These comrades are awesome! Thanks also to all at Folk ARPS.

About F3

The F3 Mission Development Framework (F3) is the successor to the popular F2 and BAS f mission development frameworks for ArmA 2 and ArmA. The new framework contains many of the features you know from F2, updated to work with ArmA 3 Alpha; new components which take advantage of the new game's special features are planned.

Hey, I´m working for a while now with this awesome framework and because of the recent A3 update I need to update this as well. How should I update it so that I don´t loose all the work I´ve done so far?

Hey, I´m working for a while now with this awesome framework and because of the recent A3 update I need to update this as well. How should I update it so that I don´t loose all the work I´ve done so far?

I use a software tool like WinMerge to compare the folder of my mission with a fresh copy of F3. The software shows me which files differ, and then allows me to see the differences within each file (with a side-by-side view). Where files differ, the appropriate action depends on how the files differ:

Scenario:
the file in the latest F3 is different from the file in your mission AND the file in your mission has NOT had any changes/customisations done by you.

Action:
copy the file from the latest F3 over the file in your mission (you can use a tool like
to do this for you).

Scenario:
the file in the latest F3 is different from the file in your mission AND the file in your mission has been changed/customised by you.

Action:
go through the files and manually copy across the changed lines, taking care to re-implement any changes/customisations you made before.

The only file where this approach gets complicated is mission.sqm, but IIRC the only significant change to that file between v3-0-1 and v3-0-2 has been this bloc near the top:

addOns[]=
  {
    "A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR",
    "A3_Soft_F_Galkin",
    "a3_map_stratis",

Became:

addOns[]=
  {
    "A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR",
    "a3_map_stratis",

(we deleted the reference to the 'Galkin'). Hope that helps!

Thanks for the tip with WinMerge! Looks like a pretty awesome software. Will try this tomorrow.

Fer I love you :)

I also have a few suggestions to ArmA 3 F3

Maybe it would be possible to include kronzky´s UPS script to F3 or UPSMon if he dont want...

also a revive script (gdt mod was working well in ArmA 2) would be very nice because many people include this in coops anyway and if we have it all together we could avoid compatibility problems.

other nice options would be vehicle respawn, vehicle repair script and often used functions.

last but not least:

On the end of F2 I found it sometimes hard to get F2 smaller again because there where so many things in it and I was not always sure how to remove them especially the ShackTactical scripts. Would it be possbile to make a own ShackTactical version this time or keep things more separated so the single parts can be easily taken out?

Fer I love you :)

Thank you! However, F3 is written and supported by a large cast of people - do please look in the ReadMe.md file for a list of all the people you love ;)

Maybe it would be possible to include kronzky´s UPS script to F3 or UPSMon if he dont want...

Of the two, which would you recommend as being easiest for mission makers to work with? There is some hesitation at making such a large, standalone script part of an F2/3 build, but I'd be happy to discuss options with the team if you can provide more details.

also a revive script (gdt mod was working well in ArmA 2) would be very nice because many people include this in coops anyway and if we have it all together we could avoid compatibility problems.

We used to include Norrin's revive in earlier versions of F2. I myself never use respawn, nor do any of the current F2/3 team; again, linked suggestions are welcome.

other nice options would be vehicle respawn, vehicle repair script and often used functions.

Can you provide some more details, please (and links if possible)?

On the end of F2 I found it sometimes hard to get F2 smaller again because there where so many things in it and I was not always sure how to remove them especially the ShackTactical scripts. Would it be possbile to make a own ShackTactical version this time or keep things more separated so the single parts can be easily taken out?

The current version of F3 is only available as one build: F3 Folk ARPS, and all the scripts included in the build are either required or optional - there are no scripts included from 'other' builds of F3. The ShackTactical Fireteam Member Markers component is used by F3 Folk ARPS. Information on the files used by each component is included on its respective page in the F3 wiki, but given the relatively small size of the F3 codebase we now recommend you don't bother deleting files - just disable the component if necessary (again, instructions for disabling a component are on the wiki pages).

Hope this helps!

The removebody component isn't working for me with units that have been placed in the editor. Anybody else got the problem?

I have all the files needed and my init.sqf reads:

// F3 - Automatic Body Removal

// Credits: Please see the F3 online manual (http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f3/en/)

f_removeBodyDelay = 30;

f_doNotRemoveBodies = [grp_vip,grp_vip_1];

[] execVM "f\common\f_addRemoveBodyEH.sqf";

i had the same problem i just used one of my own

ok, do you know of another one that can exclude certain groups/units?

Also can anybody confirm if the nametag component works? I've only tried it with AI so far but I didn't see any names on them.