Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: What REALLY helped me to improve performance

  1. #1

    What REALLY helped me to improve performance

    Well , I don't have a high end device , my computer is pretty old.
    i have 4 gigs of ram
    an intel core 2 quad q6600 2.4ghz
    and a gts 450 overclocked by gigabyte.
    I started playing the game and got really bumped by how the game is running for me (horrible)
    so i did a little search around the webz and found this "-cpucount=4"
    This increased my performance so much , i actually enjoy playing the game now.
    If you have some low fps , give this a shot , it helped me. A lot.

  2. #2
    tried that before. seems like a placebo more than anything since the fps didn't change. what did improve the performance for me was switching to the development build and downloading the 7.4mb update.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by johncage View Post
    tried that before. seems like a placebo more than anything since the fps didn't change. what did improve the performance for me was switching to the development build and downloading the 7.4mb update.
    How did you do that?

  4. #4

    :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Thehat3z View Post
    Well , I don't have a high end device , my computer is pretty old.
    i have 4 gigs of ram
    an intel core 2 quad q6600 2.4ghz
    and a gts 450 overclocked by gigabyte.
    I started playing the game and got really bumped by how the game is running for me (horrible)
    so i did a little search around the webz and found this "-cpucount=4"
    This increased my performance so much , i actually enjoy playing the game now.
    If you have some low fps , give this a shot , it helped me. A lot.
    what's this cpu count thing? Is that something in the game's folder that I have to manually change?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by aplum123 View Post
    what's this cpu count thing? Is that something in the game's folder that I have to manually change?
    Click properties on your game in your steam library , click on set launch options and add that "-cpucount=x" in. i wrote x since if it depends on how many cores you have with your cpu. since i have a quad core i have 4 cores...

  6. #6
    Ah ok thanks and I also have a quad core

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Thehat3z View Post
    How did you do that?
    Here's how you do it

  8. #8
    All these "What fixes the FPS lag" threads, and not one of them does a single thing for me
    Unity Security Force

    www.usecforce.com

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieStig View Post
    All these "What fixes the FPS lag" threads, and not one of them does a single thing for me
    I found this, give it a shot: 1. Go to Steam Library
    2. Go to "Arma 3" Right Click then select "Properties"
    3. Select "Set Launch Options"
    4. Copy and paste the correct launch command line below to what your system is setup for and click "OK".

    For AMD CPU users:
    AMD Dual Core with 4GB System Ram:
    "-noSplash -cpuCount=2 -high"
    AMD Quad Core with 4GB Ram:
    "-noSplash -cpuCount=4 -high"
    AMD Six Core with 4GB Ram:
    "-noSplash -cpuCount=6 -high"
    AMD Eight Core with 4GB Ram:
    "-noSplash -cpuCount=8 -high"
    ______________________________________________
    If your running more than 8GB Ram then apply this to the end of the launch line:
    "-maxMem=8192"
    This will allow your game to utilize 8GB system Ram instead of 4GB.
    ______________________________________________
    Intel CPU:
    For Hyperthreaded CPU's such as a Quad Core you will apply this:
    -cpuCount=8
    This will enable your Hyperthreads on your CPU so your CPU will act as an eight core when running Arma 3.
    If you are running a Hyperthreaded Six Core then:
    -cpuCount=12
    If you are running a Hyperthreaded Eight Core or Eight Core Xeon then apply this:
    -cpuCount=16
    If you are running just a non Hyperthreaded CPU such as a Quad Core then select "4" instead of "8" same for a Dual Core you will select "2" instead of "4".
    All AMD CPU's are NOT Hyperthreaded so Hyperthreaded options is highly not recommended as this can cause system failure or damage.
    I will not be responible for system failure and damage if you choose to select more cores then you have on your command line!

    -high:
    makes your operating system prioritize services and processes to run your game better but this can cause system failure and instability if you dont have a good running system. If you Overclock this can cause system instability.
    -noSplash:
    disables startup videos and advertisements.
    -cpuCount=#:
    enables extra CPU cores and Hyperthreads.
    -maxMem=#:
    when set to "6144" (6GB) and up lets your game use more system Ram then 4GB.
    Do not set to higher than 4GB if you dont have at least 8GB. You can set to "8192" (8GB) if you have 12GB+ Ram.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Thehat3z View Post
    I found this, give it a shot: 1. Go to Steam Library
    2. Go to "Arma 3" Right Click then select "Properties"
    3. Select "Set Launch Options"
    4. Copy and paste the correct launch command line below to what your system is setup for and click "OK".

    For AMD CPU users:
    AMD Dual Core with 4GB System Ram:
    "-noSplash -cpuCount=2 -high"
    AMD Quad Core with 4GB Ram:
    "-noSplash -cpuCount=4 -high"
    AMD Six Core with 4GB Ram:
    "-noSplash -cpuCount=6 -high"
    AMD Eight Core with 4GB Ram:
    "-noSplash -cpuCount=8 -high"
    ______________________________________________
    If your running more than 8GB Ram then apply this to the end of the launch line:
    "-maxMem=8192"
    This will allow your game to utilize 8GB system Ram instead of 4GB.
    ______________________________________________
    Intel CPU:
    For Hyperthreaded CPU's such as a Quad Core you will apply this:
    -cpuCount=8
    This will enable your Hyperthreads on your CPU so your CPU will act as an eight core when running Arma 3.
    If you are running a Hyperthreaded Six Core then:
    -cpuCount=12
    If you are running a Hyperthreaded Eight Core or Eight Core Xeon then apply this:
    -cpuCount=16
    If you are running just a non Hyperthreaded CPU such as a Quad Core then select "4" instead of "8" same for a Dual Core you will select "2" instead of "4".
    All AMD CPU's are NOT Hyperthreaded so Hyperthreaded options is highly not recommended as this can cause system failure or damage.
    I will not be responible for system failure and damage if you choose to select more cores then you have on your command line!

    -high:
    makes your operating system prioritize services and processes to run your game better but this can cause system failure and instability if you dont have a good running system. If you Overclock this can cause system instability.
    -noSplash:
    disables startup videos and advertisements.
    -cpuCount=#:
    enables extra CPU cores and Hyperthreads.
    -maxMem=#:
    when set to "6144" (6GB) and up lets your game use more system Ram then 4GB.
    Do not set to higher than 4GB if you dont have at least 8GB. You can set to "8192" (8GB) if you have 12GB+ Ram.
    I have 6GB of ram, what do I do then?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Doing some small upgrades.. what will improve my OA performance?
    By zamani532 in forum ARMA 2 & OA - GENERAL
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr 27 2012, 20:24
  2. Would an SSD help improve performance for Arma
    By wingnut1186 in forum ARMA 2 & OA - GENERAL
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jan 17 2011, 00:28
  3. Will using a RAMDisk improve performance?
    By wingnut1186 in forum ARMA 2 & OA - GENERAL
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jan 14 2011, 12:06
  4. Improve performance.
    By marocojenkins in forum ARMA 2 & OA - MULTIPLAYER
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jul 15 2009, 14:39
  5. Help to Improve Performance
    By AlteredTomorrow in forum ARMA - TROUBLESHOOTING
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: May 26 2009, 06:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •