Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [HMM] Stance Indicator

Lightbulb [HMM] Stance Indicator

Well, I saw a lot of people were looking for a stance indicator for first-person view, so I thought I'd throw something together. It should work fine, I've had a number of guys from my squad test it, but the usual disclaimers apply - your mileage may vary It's possible it'll screw up in some situations, given it relies almost entirely upon animation names (and I suppose it's possible that BIS may not be 100% consistent in their naming). It should be all signed and good to go - the .bikey is included. I've also not tested anything other than 1920x1080 on the normal UI size... but I've utilised safeZones properly, so it should be fine (if it's not, I'll fix it ).

Features:
    • Shows your stance in first-person mode.
    • Highlights stances that hinder your movement in yellow (in this case, low prone and high prone).
    • Displays stance-based lean status, too!
    • It's a stance indicator... what more do you want?

Video: (v1.0 demonstrated)

Download:
    [HMM] Stance Indicator v1.1 (5kb - .zip)
    (and here it is as a direct link, if CoralCDN is being slow)

Requires @CBA_A3. See this thread for info on that

Changelog:
    v1.1
    • Now highlights main stance separately.
    • Stance-based lean states are supported/indicated.

v1.0
    • Initial release.

Installation:
    1. Extract the @HMM_StanceIndicator folder from this archive into your Arma 3 folder.
    2. Load Arma 3, go to Options > Expansions.
    3. Click on @HMM_StanceIndicator in the list and click Enable (make sure to also do @CBA_A3, too).

• To the HMM Squad folks for testing
    • ShackTac Fireteam HUD for inspiration for the show/hide UI logic.

License:
    Usage of the HMM Stance Indicator is predicated upon your agreement to the following:
    • All files included are the property of the original author.
    • HMM Stance Indicator may not be modified, included in other mods (in whole or in part), or used for any commercial/military purposes without prior permission from the author.
    • Redistribution is permitted only if the original archive is unmodified and it is distributed free of charge.
    • This mod may not be ported to any other game, including any variation of the Arma series, without prior permission from the author.
    Last edited by JamesF1; Mar 9 2013 at 07:14. Reason: Update to Version 1.1
    Want a casual but realistic Arma experience? Join HMM Squad!
    OFPEC - The Editing Center
    JamesBurgess.co.uk

cranky old vet
    This will be great, thank you very much for this!

I'm taking it! Thanks JamesF1
    =ACU=Tech
    =Advanced*Combat*Unit=
    TECH Systemes
    Config 1 Config 2

Thanks, been looking for something like this

As another visual cue, maybe you could alter the symbols to e.g: vertical line | for standing stance. 45 degree for /crouch stance. And horizontal line _ for prone stance.
    Just to differentiate them even more when you take a quick glance in combat. Instead of all of them being horizontal lines.

Nice one, thanks for sharing!

/KC
    >> The journey is the reward! <<

I think the base function of this mod is great. However it would be nice to have an indication of being stepped out to either side if possible.

Thank you for the mod JamesF1.

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Purveyor View Post
    As another visual cue, maybe you could alter the symbols to e.g: vertical line | for standing stance. 45 degree for /crouch stance. And horizontal line _ for prone stance.
    Just to differentiate them even more when you take a quick glance in combat. Instead of all of them being horizontal lines.
    Yeah, I've been trying to work out a sensible way to differentiate between the three 'major' stances - the problem with shapes at the corner of your view is that they have to be fairly significantly sized (simply reorientating the blocks doesn't aid that, from my testing). I'll try a few options and see if I can come up with something sensible - maybe highlighting the respective character on the left hand side, that is associated with the current stance

I wasn't sure whether to install this or not... but i'm glad i did... Excellent little addon that makes it very easy to see what stance i'm in. Well done James.

I use this and FA stance. I'm alright with the horizontal rectangles. I just look at the rectangles to see how if I'm going low or high stance in position (higher crouch or lower crouch, etc) and then I look at the body on the FA stance to see whether I'm standing, prone, or crouch. It does have arrows to tell me if I'm up or down but I find this respond quicker so I install both. They don't overlap each other either and it's side to side so pretty convenient to me.
    Download my missions, view screenshots, and check out a step by step mission editing tutorial here
    Join CiA Coop Nights
    Spoiler:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast