Sign in to follow this  
Defunkt

NoBlur

As of the latest release of the Alpha development builds, this mod is no longer necessary.

Edited by Defunkt

Nice, thanks a lot. :) Though it should be unnecessary after three games to still be needing this addon. But since we now might have the chance to be changing that, I've made a ticket about seperating blur & bloom from the rest of the post processing effects.

I hope it's possible and I hope they'll do it, so here it is: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=1682

Nice, thanks a lot. :) Though it should be unnecessary after three games to still be needing this addon. But since we now might have the chance to be changing that, I've made a ticket about seperating blur & bloom from the rest of the post processing effects.

I hope it's possible and I hope they'll do it, so here it is: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=1682

Voted up.

What does Post Processing add in addition to blur? Why would you run Post Processing with No Blur?

It adds light bloom and specular reflections, IIRC.

Great!

The game will update normally even with mods on, right?

Yay!

Post Processing also adds a small ambient occlusion effect on "normal" and higher.

I've tried the mod all day and i love it. In fact i played A2 only with "oktnoblur" too.

Thanks Defunkt!

Also, I voted for your feedback colossus, I too have been using oktnoblur for as long as I can remember, the blur has always lowered FPS and gave me a headache.

I agree .. it was smart move to open alpha to people, so we could make sure that this Arma will be the best released arma yet

I got about 10 FPS bonus with the Mod on, AND it looks better, so great work!

Yay!

Does this require CBA?

Installed without mod folder (placed in addons and keys folders) and I see no difference. Still blur everywhere.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

The only thing I wish for is being able to disable the bloom. I for one enjoy SSAO and motion blur.

yeah.. arma long time required separate shader setting

it stupid having all effects in 1 preset option..

Is there any way you could also remove depth of field as well as the motion blur? I find both of them incredibly annoying but enjoy the other PP features. If you could do that I'd be your biggest fan <3

Do I just put the 'bin.pbo' + 'bin.pbo.anzins.bisign' files into the Addons folder in Arma 3?

Does this require CBA?

Installed without mod folder (placed in addons and keys folders) and I see no difference. Still blur everywhere.

Do I just put the 'bin.pbo' + 'bin.pbo.anzins.bisign' files into the Addons folder in Arma 3?

It's not superceding pbo's in .\AddOns\ but rather those in .\DTA\ so you need to preserve that directory from the zip file. It's not recommended to drop pbo's in your addons folder (or your dta folder), put it in a mod folder and reference that with -mod or use a launcher.

So this is only disabling blur and leaving other settings intact ?

And to install, just drop the files to the corresponding folders in Arma 3 game folder ?

Edited by CalinTM

Easiest way to install mods is to create a folder named "@<modname>" in the Arma3 installation folder (enter a preferable name at <modname>).

Then create a subfolder called "Addons" with that "@<modnames>" folder and put all the .pbo and .bisign files in it.

After doing that, start the game and go to Options => Expansions, enable/disable the selected mods (they are gonna be named after your @<modname> choice) and let Arma 3 restart (it gonna ask you, to restart the game).

Back to topic:

Fantastic mod! I don't like the overall screen blur effect on PP "normal" and higher (the Ambient Occlusion on higher PP look nice though), but you already get nice effects on "low" without eye/fps destroying motion blur effects.

Easiest way to install mods is to create a folder named "@<modname>" in the Arma3 installation folder (enter a preferable name at <modname>).

Then create a subfolder called "Addons" with that "@<modnames>" folder and put all the .pbo and .bisign files in it.

After doing that, start the game and go to Options => Expansions, enable/disable the selected mods (they are gonna be named after your @<modname> choice) and let Arma 3 restart (it gonna ask you, to restart the game).

Back to topic:

Fantastic mod! I don't like the overall screen blur effect on PP "normal" and higher (the Ambient Occlusion on higher PP look nice though), but you already get nice effects on "low" without eye/fps destroying motion blur effects.

It works even by placing the files in a folder named @<modname> directly in the ArmA III directory, without the need of the "Addons" folder...

Yay!

This causes 3d error render and crashes A3 on launch with 0.5.102980 version.
Confirmed, the latest developer build crashes with this mod on...

Yay!