Sign in to follow this  
dkraver

Attention coders! can this be done

I always hated that the law and rpg could be reloaded. So i where thinking that it might could be done by combine some different things. But since i dont know anything about the codeing ill ask here. So here's what i was thinking.

- Take the LAW Model, LAW Firing Animation, LAW shoulder mounted animation and the weapon stats.

- Take the part from the handgrenade that makes it a one time used weapon and the part that put it under the ammo slots as a weapon.

- And Last the part that does that you have to select it from the menu ( not a must could might as well be selected when you shuffle through the weapons)

If you combine these thing you should get this if it possible.

A LAW that is on the back when not selected and on the shoulder when selected. Would only have one shot. And After that shot it would be gone.

I know its a bit rough thinking but i dont know how the code works. So could this be done??

a hummmm couldnt you just put one round of law into it?

I tried doing something like this a long time ago but it didnt work, the law either got thrown or shot from an invisible weapon at the guys shoulder.

What about now, in resistance? Now you can put a custom animation-thingo coded into the addon, could it be possible now?

We can't make custom animations. Well, we can make custom rotating animations, not completely new ones.

I dont think I understand what you mean because my answer is the same as snoopy's, cant you just put one law in it?

this is rather a waste of time the reloading thing is just to simply it if u want more realsim go join the army i prefer enjoyable gameplay over more realsim.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ July 29 2002,06:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this is rather a waste of time the reloading thing is just to simply it if u want more realsim go join the army i prefer enjoyable gameplay over more realsim.<span id='postcolor'>

Well i already been there smile.gifsmile.gif

Probebly one of the reasons why i hate that its not a one shot weapon. Its like seing the movie johnny mechmonic (dont know if its spelled right). In it theres someone firing the swedish built AT4 launcher (One shot 84mm AT weapon for those who doesnt know). First shot is ok right aim and direction, but then they take a new misile shaped more or less like a rifle grenade (if i remember right) and reloads it. And then fires again and this time firing the misile out from the back end of the AT4 tube. And this is done twice.

Or a lot of other movies where they fire 100 shots from one pistol mage or a 1000 from a rifle mag. wink.gif

Why cant they just make it like the real thing confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 29 2002,09:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm right with you on the LAW, but RPGs are reloadable.<span id='postcolor'>

I know that the RPG-7 is reloadable but the ingame RPG, the RPG-NH-75 Is just the russian version of the LAW and it is a OneShot weapon

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ July 29 2002,10:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 29 2002,09:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm right with you on the LAW, but RPGs are reloadable.<span id='postcolor'>

I know that the RPG-7 is reloadable but the ingame RPG, the RPG-NH-75 Is just the russian version of the LAW and it is a OneShot weapon<span id='postcolor'>

The RPG nh-75 is a Czech training launcher that is used to shoot asphalt on cloth targets smile.gif

I don't know if it is reloadable though...

AFAIK, denying reloading is possible, only problem then is, that you only can use LAW launchers then that ppl have at the start of the mission with them. So you cannot place them in ammocrates.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rastavovich @ July 29 2002,12:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So you cannot place them in ammocrates.<span id='postcolor'>

you can

@dkraver:

I'm with you on the whole realism in movies issue.

What I find the most amusing, is the effect certain weapons have. A body is thrown 5-10 meters back and up into the air when hit by a 9mm round, which is pretty funny, since a 9mm bullet doesn't have that much of a stopping power at all.

And the muzzle flashes. (Even games miss out here, such as OFP) real, live-fire ammo doesn't produce muzzle flashes. Unless the barrel is clogged up with a lot of black powder residue, there's only smoke coming from the barrel. Training/blank ammo however, produces large, bright muzzle flashes, which is why all weapons in the movies have 50cm muzzle flashes coming out of them.

Betcha didn't know that huh