Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ArmA 3 Editor Tutorials - Building Simple Missions

ArmA 3 Editor Tutorials - Building Simple Missions

Greetings fellow ArmAholics. I have created a series of tutorials going over everything you should need to know to build a simple-moderate level missions from the ground up in ArmA 3. The ArmA editor is very simple to understand and use once you get to know it, but starting out it can be a little daunting.

Building a Simple Mission Part 1 - Editor Familiarization and Friendly Spawn Setup

Building a Simple Mission Part 2 - Garrisoning an Enemy Base

Watch a playthrough of the mission created with just the two tutorials above

Editor Tutorial 2 - Building a Custom Gearbox

Editor Tutorial 3 - Markers, Waypoints, Triggers and Syncing - Whoops, I screwed something up in this video, check this link to see what it was and how to fix it.

Editor Tutorial 4 - Module - Sites

Editor Tutorial 5 - Modules - Support

Editor Tutorial 6 - Custom Unit Loadouts

Editor Tutorial 7 - Modules - Tasks

Editor Tutorial 8 - Modules - Briefings

Editor Tutorial 9 - IEDs and Ambushes

Editor Tutorial 10 - AI Building Patrols

Editor Tutorial 11 - Multiple Trigger Conditions

Editor Tutorial 12 - Building Custom Bases

Editor Tutorial 13 - Simple Hostage Rescue

Editor Tutorial 14 - Using the Config Viewer to find Classnames

Editor Tutorial 15 - High Command Tutorial, Guide, and Demonstration

New Video(after all this time) - Zeus Overview, Guide, and Quick Tutorial

I hope this helps you who are new to editing, and maybe even show some of you that are more experienced a trick or two!

BTC Revive set-up Tutorial
    Last edited by MacScottie; Apr 12 2014 at 01:14.
    Maj J. Drumheller, "Haymaker 6"
    Commanding Officer
    Foxtrot Company, BLT 2/4
    15th MEU (SOC) Realism Unit
    (Recruiting ages 17+)

Jester814 - My ArmA Youtube Channel

Absolutely fantastic. Waiting for the next one, and the next one

why SP Editor? Usually a good idea to do editing in MP editor unless you specifically want a SP mission..

Also you can change layout to be more like A2 editor which is a little more n00b friednly (ie units, groups etc have names instead of just icons)

good job otherwise though..
    FSM Support System - AirDrop, Artillery, CAS, Bomb runs & Transport in one package.
    A3 - Random House Garrison Script - Spawn units in houses randomly within give area.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

It was only yesterday I was looking unsuccessfully for a tutorial video for the Arma 3 editor.

Thanks a lot for this, very informative and easy to follow vid, looking forward to the next one.

Subbed.

Thank so much for this! I had given up on making empty vehicles, but now I can do all the things!

Agreed,thanks for doing these.
    I would like to try and get used to making short missions for myself so this is right up my street.
    One thing I would like to learn is scripting.Not loads or big ones,just some small ones like the patrol script and how to put these into the editor and the best way to get them to work,so I hope you will cover that kinda stuff in some of your vids.
    Eagerly waiting on others,
    Cheers,
    Mick.
    3instein
    Keep the faith

Quote Originally Posted by Desrat View Post
    why SP Editor? Usually a good idea to do editing in MP editor unless you specifically want a SP mission..

Also you can change layout to be more like A2 editor which is a little more n00b friednly (ie units, groups etc have names instead of just icons)

good job otherwise though..
    Why not? I've only ever made multiplayer missions and have always used the sp editor as in the mp editor you can't preview easily and there was some other problem too. What is it about the mp editor that is better for making mp missions because at least in arma 2 as far as I could tell it was exactly the same without the ability to do a simple preview, it would just load up a local host instead I think which is just not needed imo.

in the mp editor you can't preview easily
    And that's why I use the SP editor.

Thank you very much for the Tutorials!

They were extremely helpful and are much appreciated. I had spent several hours trying to create a mission but I was missing several things. Your tutorials clarified the process and I was able to make my own mission that works great!

Looking forward to any others you create.

Regards, Riff

MacScottie, any chance of you doing a tutorial for MP missions? I can create SP missions quite easily but doing MP missions, I get the dreaded desync problem and I dont know why.

Thank you in advance.

Dale

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast