Sign in to follow this  
kaelies

Kaelies' SVD mod/port

Kaelies' SVD mod/port

This is an SVD mod. By default, it uses some textures that are playable, not great, but will use the proper Arma 2 textures if "weapons.pbo" and "Ca.pbo" are activated.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?fejfcao6ey87aak

W0bqnNNl.jpg

It is capable of using exchangeable optics, and has both 10 round magazines and 20 round magazines as used in the SVU-A. All weapons. It includes an PSO-1 optic, and an ARCO optic with the reticle of a PSO. The latter can be used on any gun, while the normal PSO can only be used on the SVD. An imagined selective fire SVD, also based on the SVU-A, is also included.

There is an included sample mission which gives you the gun, 10 of every magazine, and every optic available, for testing, as well as some other weapons to test the ARCO pso on.

Tracer rounds will only ignite after a delay, so as to avoid giving away your position (especially vs other players).

Installation guide, known bugs, and classlists are in the readme. Source files are included in the .zip, if anyone wants to learn from this.

An almost working implementation of animated, adjustable iron sights is included in the model.cfg and the config.cpp. The camera and animation don't line up properly yet, but once I have that working I will release an update.

If anyone could make better texures/RVmats/normal maps/etc, please let me know.

Case ejection, comparison (more images in the download):

zBTyyidl.jpg

kuDzsN5l.jpg

View through optics, comparison:

6VpmNyNl.jpg

62JWBcxl.jpg

View through iron sights, comparison (links):

http://i.imgur.com/Q0z3r56.jpg (Default textures, no scope)

http://i.imgur.com/2DgCF2T.jpg (Arma 2 textures, no scope)

http://i.imgur.com/5IXk07T.jpg (Default textures, scope)

http://i.imgur.com/434Bd0n.jpg (Arma 2 textures, scope)

Current default textures (links):

Readme:

Modified and ported to Arma 3 by Kaelies.

The sample mission, "Kae_SVD_Sample.Stratis", goes into MyDocuments/Arma 3 Alpha/missions. Otherwise, "@Kae_SVD_v0.3" goes into your Arma 3/ folder, and should be enabled from options/expansions. All folders except "addons" are optional and included as documentation, and may be deleted if one desires.

"Ca.pbo" and "weapons.pbo" from Arma 2 are no longer required, but will make the SVD appear nicer, with better textures. These can be added in by finding them in your Arma 2/Addons folder, placing them in a modfolder for arma 3, and activating that modfolder. For example, make a folder named "@Arma2" within Arma3/, then a folder named "addons" within the new folder, and then move the .pbos into that location.

Be warned, this is not a perfect solution.

The included textures are a WIP.

The SVD can take the ACO, ACO_grn, Hamr, Arco, holo optics from the base game, and the custom Arco (PSO-type) and PSO-1 optics.

Classlist:

Kae_srifle_SVD_F //Base rifle

Kae_srifle_SVD_auto_F //Base rifle with internal changes to make it selective-fire

optic_Kae_PSO_1000 //PSO optic, only works on the SVD atm

optic_Kae_ARCO_PSO_1000 //ARCO optic with a PSO-type reticle, works anywhere the ARCO does

Kae_10Rnd_762x54_SVD //Magazine

Kae_20Rnd_762x54_SVD //Extra-length Magazine, not currently used/issued/produced IRL

//Add a _T for tracer magazine.

This mod uses content from the ArmA - Sample Models, and therefore "the entire work, as a whole" is licensed under that license. It is located in "ARMA_SampleModels_readme.txt". Source files are provided within the "kae_svd" folder, if you want to see how anything is done.

Known Bugs:

-----------

Area around bolt uses incorrect texture

The EBR reload animation and sounds are used, rather than anything resembling an SVD.

Changelog:

Version 0.3:

-Fixed issues with optics and Virtual Ammobox

-Added information about SVU-A, and why 20 round magazines and selective-fire SVDs are possible

-Changed some classnames

-Fixed Zeroing on PSO-1 optic

Version 0.2:

Polish of mod.

Old Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?i8c14iwzt7hs37n

-Better default textures

-Bolt modeled and animated

-Scope issues fixed

-Icon issues fixed

-Tracer rounds

-20 round magazines (Optional)

-Selective-Fire SVD (Optional)

Version 0.1:

Initial Release.

Old Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?gbldogty0ond7jv

Old placeholder textures:

ARU8G4c.jpg

With weapons.pbo:

uqcsjNO.jpg

Hat is blocked from view because it was from a modification made for personal use, and rule §19 prevents me from posting screenshots of it.

Edited by Kaelies

You can admit this is the hat he's wearing:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcsqJhcgn8Qvrgb9iFnJYHmqIwG9XyeFYUYfMEyRrFllk3TuJS

;)

:D

Introducing the placebo tanker hat, the latest in tactical technology! It features built-in headphones, microphone, and softness for those bumpy roads and mines. The camo is designed to look disarming and cute, preventing those mean ol' bullets from hitting its wearer.

Still waiting to see if we can declassify the possible hi-tech things in the nose.

I like the sound of it already, I think the nose is stealth technology rendering the user almost invisible ;)

does this mean that ARMA 2 scopes can be brought into the game in some kind of working form (you mention normal PSO scopes) or are they just models?

does this mean that ARMA 2 scopes can be brought into the game in some kind of working form (you mention normal PSO scopes) or are they just models?

They can be brought in, in a working form, so long as they were included in the released sample packs. I can see PSO (as in this pack), 6x zoom PSO (as on the ksvk), acog, aimpoint, g36 optic, and some of the sniper scopes (m24, m107) being brought in from that pack. Other ones would need to have models made for them that are separate from the gun to work properly (The reason these work is because you can just delete the rest of the gun). After that, its all config work, and I have a readme inside the source inside the download that explains how to add exchangeable optics.

good work That was fast, I looking at doing some scopes, I got them just need to do reticules

will this svd work on multiplayer?

if so how do i do it?

It will only work on MP, if a mission you are playing has included it as part of the mission. Also all players will need the addon to use it.

It will only work on MP, if a mission you are playing has included it as part of the mission. Also all players will need the addon to use it.

thanks for the helps....

another question would i be able to use this on wasteland? on a public server or would that not work?

thanks for the helps....

another question would i be able to use this on wasteland? on a public server or would that not work?

No sorry that will not work, it would need to be added in as part of the wasteland mission. And if it was added to the wasteland mission, all players would need the addon to connect and play on the server.

Updated the mod to version 0.2, with a new texture, improved animations, bug fixes, and a small bit of variance on the weapon. Still uses the Arma 2 textures if they're installed, but there shouldn't be much dependency anymore.

I came across three issues working on this I couldn't find a solution to, so I'd appreciate it if anyone could help:

1) I'm not all that great at texturing, so if someone could point me to a good tutorial or could make a good texture, if would help.

2) When trying to animate the iron sights, using "zeroing" as the animation controller causes them to just rotate repeatedly, without syncing with the weapon's zeroing.

Model.cfg:

class rear_sight_leaf_rotation

{

type="rotation";

source="zeroing";

sourceAddress="loop";

selection="rearSightLeaf";

minValue=0.000000;

maxValue=9.000000;

angle0=0.00;

angle1="rad -45";

axis="rearSightAxis";

memory=1;

};

The selection is named as a bone in CfgSkeletons.

-----------------------------------

Zeroing in the rifle's cfg:

discreteDistance[] = {100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,1000};

discretedistancecamerapoint[] = {"OP_eye1", "OP_eye2", "OP_eye3", "OP_eye4", "OP_eye5", "OP_eye6", "OP_eye7", "OP_eye8", "OP_eye9", "OP_eye10"};

discretedistanceinitindex = 0;

The weapon only has one muzzle, could this be the reason why it doesn't work?

Wow awsome, looks very nice, thank you man! We really have got the best community here.

---------- Post added at 00:50 ---------- Previous post was at 23:55 ----------

Will you continue to imrove it? Very nice so far again thank you.

I have done quite a lot of texturing so I can do some texture mods after I figure some stuff out with Arma. Mainly have done textures for racing sims

Wow awsome, looks very nice, thank you man! We really have got the best community here.

---------- Post added at 00:50 ---------- Previous post was at 23:55 ----------

Will you continue to imrove it? Very nice so far again thank you.

Yep, I'll probably release v0.3 when I have enough significant changes over the current release.

SVD works on multiplayer, however the PSO scope does not.

What kind of error is there with the PSO optic? Probably won't be able to test it out myself until the weekends. One thing I noticed was that it won't work properly if there is another mod that adds any sort of optics to the base rifles, such as the Canadian Armed Forced with the ELCAN, I want to see what I can do but so far the only thing I can think of is making a compatibility patch.

As for PSO Scope not working, you can indeed use the SVD on a multiplayer mission that has the Virtual Ammo Supply, just users without the mod will not see you carrying a weapon. Normal optics work from this VAS but the PSO can not be grabbed out of it. As for textures I will pm you shortly.

Updated to version 0.3, fixing incompatibility with Virtual Ammobox/Virtual Ammo Supply and lack of zeroing in the scope.

Neither will appear to anyone else unless they too are using the mod; everyone has to have it in MP for everyone to see it, otherwise it will appear as if they are holding an invisible gun. It's advised that you make sure the admins know whats going on, or that the server itself is using the mod, because otherwise it may seem that you are hacking.

I don't think it is compatible with any other mod that adds optics atm, at least the PSO portion of it. Hope to see your PM about textures soon, J_Thompson.

Finally, I have a prototype for the iron sights to be fully adjustable in the source code, commented out, and I hope to be able to make it working properly soon.

//discretedistancecamerapoint[] = {"OP_eye1", "OP_eye2", "OP_eye3", "OP_eye4", "OP_eye5", "OP_eye6", "OP_eye7", "OP_eye8", "OP_eye9", "OP_eye10"};

/*class rear_sight_leaf_rotation

{

type="rotation";

source="zeroing1";

sourceAddress="loop";

selection="rearSightLeaf";

minValue=0.000000;

maxValue=9.000000;

angle0="rad 0";

angle1="rad -45";

axis="rearSightAxis";

memory=1;

};

class rear_sight_knob_rotation

{

type="rotation";

source="zeroing1";

sourceAddress="loop";

selection="rearSightKnob";

minValue=0.000000;

maxValue=9.000000;

angle0=0.00;

angle1="rad -45";

axis="rearSightAxis";

memory=1;

};*/

There are two points I'd like to make:

1.) Kaelis; I love the SVD, excellent choice to design, now I need to get ACE to work properly on my game for a steeper bullet drop so 6.5 rounds don't hit me when those pesky AI x-ray vision cats are at 800 meters and use their omnipotent powers to find me.

2.) Placebo, if you find someone to design that hat for in game use, I will use it in MP on the server / mission of your choice, even with snipers present. Deal? My pinky's stretched out.

****Edit: Or I'll find and buy one and post a picture of it on my 1SG, albeit I may have to get him heavily inebriated him first.

Edited by DavidLasher

2.) Placebo, if you find someone to design that hat for in game use, I will use it in MP on the server / mission of your choice, even with snipers present. Deal? My pinky's stretched out.

****Edit: Or I'll find and buy one and post a picture of it on my 1SG, albeit I may have to get him heavily inebriated him first.

I think it should be pre-order DLC for Arma4 ;)

I think it should be pre-order DLC for Arma4 ;)

Agreed! I'll still follow through with my end of the deal if it happens ;) I just want a reason to muck with my 1SG. :D

Nice mod but for me it cause on my game to disabled the optic attachment on the M320 and the Lynx weapon, Purple Famas Pack do the same effect, sniper come without the SOS scope and they can't accept any attachment like Red DoT or ARCO ACO.