Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Kaelies' SVD mod/port

Kaelies' SVD mod v0.3

Kaelies' SVD mod/port

This is an SVD mod. By default, it uses some textures that are playable, not great, but will use the proper Arma 2 textures if "weapons.pbo" and "Ca.pbo" are activated.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?fejfcao6ey87aak

It is capable of using exchangeable optics, and has both 10 round magazines and 20 round magazines as used in the SVU-A. All weapons. It includes an PSO-1 optic, and an ARCO optic with the reticle of a PSO. The latter can be used on any gun, while the normal PSO can only be used on the SVD. An imagined selective fire SVD, also based on the SVU-A, is also included.

There is an included sample mission which gives you the gun, 10 of every magazine, and every optic available, for testing, as well as some other weapons to test the ARCO pso on.

Tracer rounds will only ignite after a delay, so as to avoid giving away your position (especially vs other players).

Installation guide, known bugs, and classlists are in the readme. Source files are included in the .zip, if anyone wants to learn from this.

An almost working implementation of animated, adjustable iron sights is included in the model.cfg and the config.cpp. The camera and animation don't line up properly yet, but once I have that working I will release an update.

If anyone could make better texures/RVmats/normal maps/etc, please let me know.

Case ejection, comparison (more images in the download):
    Spoiler:

View through optics, comparison:
    Spoiler:

View through iron sights, comparison (links):
    Spoiler:

Current default textures (links):
    Spoiler:

Readme:
    Spoiler:

Changelog:

Version 0.3:
    -Fixed issues with optics and Virtual Ammobox
    -Added information about SVU-A, and why 20 round magazines and selective-fire SVDs are possible
    -Changed some classnames
    -Fixed Zeroing on PSO-1 optic

Version 0.2:
    Spoiler:

Version 0.1:
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Kaelies; Mar 30 2013 at 09:05.

2.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #2
    You can admit this is the hat he's wearing:

Please do not PM or Email me directly about your CD Key issues, follow the guidance in this thread instead.

Introducing the placebo tanker hat, the latest in tactical technology! It features built-in headphones, microphone, and softness for those bumpy roads and mines. The camo is designed to look disarming and cute, preventing those mean ol' bullets from hitting its wearer.

Still waiting to see if we can declassify the possible hi-tech things in the nose.

4.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #4
    I like the sound of it already, I think the nose is stealth technology rendering the user almost invisible

does this mean that ARMA 2 scopes can be brought into the game in some kind of working form (you mention normal PSO scopes) or are they just models?

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    You can admit this is the hat he's wearing:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...MEyRrFllk3TuJS

would anyone in the world want to kill a soldier wearing such a cute hat? Thats an psychological weapon!

Quote Originally Posted by nimrod123 View Post
    does this mean that ARMA 2 scopes can be brought into the game in some kind of working form (you mention normal PSO scopes) or are they just models?
    They can be brought in, in a working form, so long as they were included in the released sample packs. I can see PSO (as in this pack), 6x zoom PSO (as on the ksvk), acog, aimpoint, g36 optic, and some of the sniper scopes (m24, m107) being brought in from that pack. Other ones would need to have models made for them that are separate from the gun to work properly (The reason these work is because you can just delete the rest of the gun). After that, its all config work, and I have a readme inside the source inside the download that explains how to add exchangeable optics.

good work That was fast, I looking at doing some scopes, I got them just need to do reticules

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

will this svd work on multiplayer?

if so how do i do it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast