minimalaco

F.A.T.A. - Federally Administred Tribal Areas, Pakistán

thx, but still can't get it to spawn with a game logic on the wanted spot ("tent_east_ep1" createVehicle (getPosATL YX);), not even with f.a.t.a running

also is it retextured for f.a.t.a or also in ArmAII:CO?

Hello gents, so its this map getting a fix for coop (with those "invisible" vegetation)? If not can anyone assist me in fixing this to make it playable for all coop communities?

You guys can look forward to this FATA map being featured in the upcoming RWO SP campaign, Task Force 42 (Addon+ version) -- there's a light version in which the mission takes place in Reshmaan province (although in the story it's supposed to be the FATA).

The mission I'm converting from the Light version has the same basic mechanics, but will make use of most of the northern part of the map, be semi-open-world, feature a safehouse with armory, challenges to go with the main objectives, and of course, an optional drone strike for taking out your primary target.

Keep an eye out, and thanks to the authors of this flabbergastingly-fantastic FATA island.

I've played on FATA couple of times and me & my team just loves the map. Top notch, quality work.

Ideas:

- airstrip badly needed ;)

- make caves much more darker (since they are objects?)

The map is awesome! Very detailed, realistic, cool!

I can't wait to finish the download and play it! A really good work!

AusSnipe73 has fixed the wheat and hesco issues, new version coming soon.

Was this fix ever released? I may have missed...

Well, I saw in some place than this map isn't recommended for SP missions. Is it truth? Because I've loved the map and I cannot wait for start creating some challenging missions for it.

@Icebreakr

The airport its really necesary, but I don't have installed arma2 and shits tools. :(

@panther42

Never i think, sorry mate :S

@Araripe

Yes, in the serpent road. too much rocks and trees near roads! AI can drive very well on this place.

Oh i forget that, here link to Afghan Village (Need FATA to play that), Originally the map was created by Deanosbeano and MCPXXL, after logistic problems finishing by Robster and Me.

Some pics of AV here: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f509-mini-updates-team/108663-20-terrains-afghan-village-0-2-f-t-federally-administred-tribal-areas.html

AV: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24232

Edited by Minimalaco

@Icebreakr

The airport its really necesary, but I don't have installed arma2 and shits tools. :(

@panther42

Never i think, sorry mate :S

@Araripe

Yes, in the serpent road. too much rocks and trees near roads! AI can drive very well on this place.

Oh i forget that, here link to Afghan Village (Need FATA to play that), Originally the map was created by Deanosbeano and MCPXXL, after logistic problems finishing by Robster and Me.

Some pics of AV here: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f509-mini-updates-team/108663-20-terrains-afghan-village-0-2-f-t-federally-administred-tribal-areas.html

AV: https://mega.co.nz/#!po1EhIwL!WrJqOw5B8BEprIDT5868Wz6N76Qa5QSmPFp1qfaf04c

I am having some FPS troubles with F.A.T.A. Is it heavier than Takistan map?

It's lagging a lot.

The Fallujah map runs perfectly here.

@Icebreakr

The airport its really necesary...

I disagree. Too many potentially great maps are ruined by "all the things" syndrome. F.A.T.A. really doesn't call for fixed-wing aircraft, in my opinion. The current layout is just about perfect.

Great map, it's reaaly beautifull and will change a little bit of Takistan etc ... Thank you .

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Minimalaco) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

I disagree. Too many potentially great maps are ruined by "all the things" syndrome. F.A.T.A. really doesn't call for fixed-wing aircraft, in my opinion. The current layout is just about perfect.

I would have to agree with Harzach here.

Yeah, we can do without planes. Choppers from one of the bases are just fine for fast insertions ;) otherwise: cars and those cool turns ;)

Played with A3/A3MP/Alive on it. What a fantastic map!

Played with A3/A3MP/Alive on it. What a fantastic map!

absolutely. try it with the CQB module on, spawning FIA. One of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long time!

Yeah. The new Afghan Village map is also very nice and flat terrain with a lot of spots to hide; only Alive does not seem to do military placement there. But cqb works.

Edited by tortuosit

Great map! Love it with the A3 lighting as well.

Edited by HitmanTwoActual
Found out my problems solution.

I overlooked these two maps last year in all the A3 excitement, but have had a chance to try them out in @A3MP and they really are incredible. Total works of art. I never thought Clafghan could be improved upon but you guys proved me wrong!

Yeah. The new Afghan Village map is also very nice and flat terrain with a lot of spots to hide; only Alive does not seem to do military placement there. But cqb works.

Request has been submitted to include Afghan Village in the ALiVE map index... hopefully for next release.

Hi guys. Once I got over the astounding visuals I noticed that the ambient sounds seem broken on both FATA and Afghan Village. Both maps are almost completely silent during the day, with loud wind noise only when near buildings. Looking at class EnvSounds in the config I see that many of the entries have the volume set at zero.

For example:

class praa_av_Houses[b] // This sound is heard near houses[/b]
		{
			name="$STR_DN_WIND";
			sound[]=
			{
				"praa\praa_sound\afghan\ambient\houses\house-day-main1.wss",
				[b][color="#FF0000"]1[/color][/b],
			};
			volume="houses*(1-night)";
		};
		class praa_av_Meadows [b]// This one is silent[/b]
		{
			name="$STR_DN_MEADOWS";
			sound[]=
			{
				"praa\praa_sound\afghan\ambient\meadow\meadow-day-main1.wss",
				[b][color="#FF0000"]0,[/color][/b]
			};

Is this a design decision or a bug? I've fiddled around the the config and eventually got the various ambient noises working again and it improves the ambience (surprise!) quite a lot.

Yes, it happens to me all the time in both A2 and A3 version, makes it unplayable.

This map is very heavy for me. I am Always getting low fps. Is possible to solve it?