Sign in to follow this  
Sam Samson

Samson's "it doesn't take a hero"-campaign

Well, I made a little campaign for y'all.

It runs under 1.46. Goes by the name of "Samson's 'It doesn't take a Hero'." Consists of three missions and is a tactical black op campaign.

Actually, there are 7 missions combined in the three.

Depending on how you complete mission #1, mission #2 will be harder or easier. You will also start at different points in #2, depending on how you managed #1.

The AI is considering tactical aspects here! (I helped it a little.)

So, if an approach to completing your objective doesn't work for you, think tactical too. Be creative.

The campaign also remembers which gun you carry.

The two neccessary addons are already in the 590kb-zip.

You can get it here: smile.gif

http://www.ofp-zone.de/download.php?dl=true&id=171

PS: Play it using 1.46. If you use R, you might encounter problems, as R does not like editor addons. (I'm sure you figured that out already.)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sam Samson @ July 27 2002,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PS: Play it using 1.46. If you use R, you might encounter problems, as R does not like editor addons. (I'm sure you figured that out already.)<span id='postcolor'>

+

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">did nobody bother to look at it yet? <span id='postcolor'>

I guess the 1.46 sentence confuses people. Maybe.

- Go into the OFP folder, and find the OperationFlashpoint.exe file. That launches 1.46. FlashpointResistance launches 1.75.

Neo

Or you could just put the default OPF (1985 CWC) cd into your drive, then click on the executable on your desktop.

sure guys, you're right. thx for clarifying.

sorta took for granted that people knew.

for ease of handling just flip that old cd in, like the pilot said.

and if you get a sound file error in the intro, your sound card driver probably needs updated, since the coding is right.

about the campaign: its kinda melancholy.

I made it during rainy, dreary summer days in europe, when you couldn't play outside.

wow.gif LOVED the campaign!

It was shorter than any other campaign that I've ever done, but it was better than any other campaign.

I don't know what it is about this campaign, I don't want to spoil it for anyone, just so you know, it's GREAT>

biggrin.gif

Sam, can you take a look at this thread for me?

I have absolutely no idea how to keep the player's inventory from one mission to the next confused.gif

missions are nice

briefings are perfect

cutscenes suck (sorry to say)

any way great job

indeed. biggrin.gif

that's why some campainge makers got a team. wink.gif