Sign in to follow this  
Tintee

Physx driver bug or game bug?

I have a gtx 680 as my main gpu and a gtx 280 installed and dedicated to physx in the nvidia control panel. I also have the 3D settings "show physx visual indicator", ticked

When i start arma 3 alpha the nvidia driver overlay shows that the physx is being handled by my cpu. Nothing i do seems to change this. Was just wondering does anyone have the same problem or ideas on why this is happening. Is it a physx bug or an Arma 3 alpha bug?? My driver is the very latest available btw. I just checked.

Hardware acceleration of physX is not enabled in A3

its perfectly normal and ok.

I beg to differ. I have a nice 280 here that practically double my fps in other physx games when its in use, metro 2033 for example.

Arma only uses physX for vehicles and ragdolls afaik, both calculated on the cpu only.

Well, it is a fact.

Besides, even if ArmA 3 would be using GPU accelerated physics, it certainly wouldn't double your FPS anyway.

You can post your wish to the ArmA 3: Community wishes & ideas|NO DISCUSSION, but it is NOT a bug.

I think we have a misunderstanding here with the use of the English language. I am saying that not using my available hardware is not fine and ok. It may be by design but that does not mean it is good. Fine and ok with me would be to make use of the available power of my gpu to take on that task. Otherwise it is wasted.

Also, no one can predict what fps would be gained in Arma 3 by using a gpu dedicated to physx. At best it is only a guess.

Ok, but still, this should be in community wishes, not in troubleshooting, as it is NOT an error.

I am up for any performance improvements, but i dont think it would be worth the effort.

The performance gain wont be that big as you think - certainly it wont double your FPS (i would be very surprised if it would add more than 2-10 FPS depending on the HW used).

Ok, but still, this should be in community wishes, not in troubleshooting, as it is NOT an error.

I am up for any performance improvements, but i dont think it would be worth the effort.

The performance gain wont be that big as you think - certainly it wont double your FPS (i would be very surprised if it would add more than 2-10 FPS depending on the HW used).

Well yes, i now know that this is not an error and should be in community wishes. I apologize for thinking it was possibly a bug. :rolleyes:

As for the rest. Lets agree to disagree.