Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: How to change between stable Arma 3 Alpha versions & release candidates @STEAM client

Warrant Officer

Steam Guide - Opt Into the Development Build

NOTE: Using the development version of the game could hamper your experience with the game, with some unfinished assets available. However, we would greatly appreciate your feedback. Feedback can be submitted at feedback.arma3.com.

Want to be apart of the ArmA 3 development builds? Follow these 5 simple steps:

1) Open Steam and go to your game library
    2) Right click on ArmA 3 Alpha, click Properties
    3) Click on the BETAS tab
    4) Click on the drop down menu, choose development - Development Build
    5) Click Close

Congratulations, you are now in the development build of the ArmA 3 alpha!

Last edited by Nicholas; Mar 8 2013 at 06:23.
    "The greatest way to avenge your enemy is by learning to forgive." - Takashi Tanemori

Thank you for this! Had no idea!
    Visit The Game Wardens Gaming Community

| i7 920 d0 @4.1gHz | ASUS Rampage III Formula | 12gb DDR3 1600mHz | Zotac AMP! Ed. GTX780 @1176mHz core | Crucial M4 500gb (Steam / A3) | OCZ Vertex 2 128gb (Boot) | Dell U2711 2560x1440 | Win. 7 x64 |

Greatly appreciated. I'm new to steam and quite baffled by it, so any guide is well welcome

Ps- Would you happen to know how to send somebody the alpha invitation? Once they go green there will be many to circle around and I imagine I can't be the only one whos got no clue whatsoever
    Quote Originally Posted by DMarkwick View Post
    It won't stop some people. Sadly, for some people it works like this: if it's not true, then it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luther King
    Soldiers! Don't fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!

MB: Asus Z77P8 - LE | CPU: i5 3570K | Memory: 8Gb @ 1886Mhz T1 | GFX: GTX770 Lightning | Dell 23'' IPS | Corsair HX 650W| Windows 8 Pro x64
    NAD C326BEE | B&W DM 602 S3 | Pioneer VSX922-K | Pro-Ject DAC FL | Sennheiser HD 550

4.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #4
    Or try to look into the game directory for arma3_quick-start_guide.pdf - it is going to be set as a game manual soon(Valve-time)
    Bohemia Interactive
    I used to bounce during livestreams but then I took an Arrowhead into my knee

Warrant Officer
    Author of the Thread
    Thanks pettka, I didn't even notice the PDF in the directory. Added some information from the PDF into the first post.
    Last edited by Nicholas; Mar 6 2013 at 23:16.

Great info - thanks

Can someone explain what this is exactly? Does this mean we are pushed updates and patches as soon as they come out?

can you revert back anytime?

didntz work btw. the game crashes at start.. steam didnt download sth. when I checked the dev build
    Last edited by tremanarch; Mar 7 2013 at 02:09.

. . . . .

This method leaves much to be desired. Before this Steam DRM, we could concurrently run development versions and "stable" versions. This appears to replace the original version because Steam does not have a robust update system because they wish to forcibly ram updates down your throat!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast