Sign in to follow this  
Rythmn

Arma 3 Random Game Crashes?

Is it just me, or does Arma 3 seem to randomly crash when in-game? That's the only problem I have with the game so far, and I know it being in Alpha this is normal but I figured I'd point it out.

IE: When you try to equip a holo scope to your gun.

No one is having this problem? :o

I've had numerous crashes but I think these are more to do with what I'm running in the background, 10+ browser tabs, two video, a complex paint program, fraps and my fraps folder (heeeh)

I've had numerous crashes but I think these are more to do with what I'm running in the background, 10+ browser tabs, two video, a complex paint program, fraps and my fraps folder (heeeh)

I've tried closing everything though, still crashes alot :(

I'm crashing ALL the time now, same problem here

I don't remember it being like this before, but now I can't even play for 10 minutes

Yeah i'm getting the same dramas, i can only play for a short amount of time before it crashes. :p

I had zero crashes and I've ran the game for periods of over 5 hours continuously sometimes.

My game froze once while hosting an MP mission. Someone detonated A LOT of explosives 10 m from our position.

I get random crashes more on the Wasteland 404 servers, I get a crash EVERY-TIME I try to load the game with play With Six (I'm going to post on that thread too) The crashes seem random but most of the time I am driving something or in my inventory... Making the game unplayible too... I could just cry and Its done it with lower pop servers but not as much... I am running a AMD FX-8350 4GHz (4.2 Turbo) 8x Core, AMD XFX HD R7870 2GB GHz edition Black Edition Video card, 32 GB 1866 memory, and SSD for c: and 600 with Windows 8 Pro x64

(Sorry but there are so many of these posts about the crashing that I copied and pasted my response to I can get alert for all of them to see if anybody found a solution)

I have the alpha version since yesterday and I tried to start with the infantry showcases, but it crashes everytime.

Until now it seems being random, sometimes I get into the game only moving for a second, the other time I can walk with the group, about to get into the action - then all of a sudden I have a black screen, game crashed and I can only get out of it using Windows task manager.

I thought about having those problems cause of Win8 (I run Win8 x64 using a GTX 570, 8 GB RAM, i7 2600 @3,4 GHz) as my friends running Win7 haven't experienced those problems. :confused2:

Checking your game files integrity could help:

1.Go to your game library in steam.

2. Right click on Arma 3 Alpha and click properties

3. Go to the "Local files" tab and click on "Verify integrity of game cache"

Checking your game files integrity could help:

1.Go to your game library in steam.

2. Right click on Arma 3 Alpha and click properties

3. Go to the "Local files" tab and click on "Verify integrity of game cache"

I'm going to try this as soon as I'm done with work and head home.

While I think this might help possibly a bit, I still doubt it's the main problem of the crashes. It seems to happen to EVERYBODY (The people in my teamspeak, the forums, etc..) I'm guessing it has to do with just an error in the coding possibly? Something that they'll eventually fix as it's Alpha so I don't mind but I just wanted to post and see if many others were having the same problems...

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

I do hope it fixes the problem as much as possible though, would be fun to actually be able to play the game for long periods of time :D

I have Comodo Firewall, Malware Bytes and SpyBot all installed and if I don't use GameBooster3.4 to turn off MB and SB while not puting Comodo into Game Mode I get alot of crashes. So if you have any of those running try using GB3.4 to turn them off.

Edited by SIMJEDI

Had constant crashes while trying to connect to a server with other people in. Only server restart allowed me to get in.

ArmA in my pc almost always doesn't start the first time, it crashes immediately, starts the second time.

While playing in a server, all clients crashed the same time.

At the moment ArmA 3 is too crash happy for my liking.

Yes I am also getting crashes, they are annoying but its something I expected when I decided to participate in playing the game in Alpha state.

Yes I am also getting crashes, they are annoying but its something I expected when I decided to participate in playing the game in Alpha state.

Right right of course, I'm not complaining about it since I KNOW it's Alpha, just merely trying to see if it was a bigger problem than I expected :D

Yea had, 2 or 3 crashes playing multiplayer with a friend in about an hour of playing, dunno if it's any use to the devs tho if we just say 'ohh my game crashes' are there any log files we should report to bugtracker? (Sry I'm new to crash-reporting, but I wanna help out with the alpha process :P)

Yea had, 2 or 3 crashes playing multiplayer with a friend in about an hour of playing, dunno if it's any use to the devs tho if we just say 'ohh my game crashes' are there any log files we should report to bugtracker? (Sry I'm new to crash-reporting, but I wanna help out with the alpha process :P)

I'm not entirely sure. When it crashes for me it doesn't give me a reason, it just closes the game and gives me an error if I recall.

I'll try it out again today and if it does give me a definition of the error I'll upload it.

i crash as soon as i load a mission in multiplayer... its loads all the way then right as i should spawn, crashhh

Every single time I try to open up my gear or video options I always crash! It gets me mad because I try to play with my friend but I can't because I lag a bit when I play the game. That's why I want to edit the video options if anyone can help please reply to this or just message me. Thanks!

Yup!

But i knew what i got my self into when i installed the ArmA 3: Alpha :p

Every single time I try to open up my gear or video options I always crash! It gets me mad because I try to play with my friend but I can't because I lag a bit when I play the game. That's why I want to edit the video options if anyone can help please reply to this or just message me. Thanks!

just report it man, use the link on the main menu of the game. i dont mean to come across rude but this is an alpha, not a game, not even a demo, so first and foremost your job right now is to report things like crashes and how to reproduce them so they can be fixed. i know its frustrating not being able to play with your bud but again its just alpha and the sole purpose is to test, not to have fun

Try editing the following file %userprofile%\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha\Arma3Alpha.cfg

#Note this file path will only work if you have not relocated your "My Docs" to an alternative file path, however I'm sure you can work out the file is in your documents directory.

Have you tried running in Window Mode in place of full screen?

just report it man, use the link on the main menu of the game. i dont mean to come across rude but this is an alpha, not a game, not even a demo, so first and foremost your job right now is to report things like crashes and how to reproduce them so they can be fixed. i know its frustrating not being able to play with your bud but again its just alpha and the sole purpose is to test, not to have fun

Can be hard to submit bugs when it crashes to desktop with no crash report to submit ;)

+1 to constant crashes from the steam version, system specs as in sig. Running NV301.42

Edited by Lord_OverKill

It seem to be somehow related to gear menu. My game just crashed again after accessing the gear menu about 10 minutes in game

Yeah I noticed a similar thing. I modified the load out for a pilot and it crashed out, kept the stock load out, no crash for about 4 hours. Could be a coincidence, could be the upgrade/fresh install of Windows 8.1 RTM, could be that the cycle of the moon synchronised with the server clock :P